Thread: Keyboard and Mouse support?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Keyboard and Mouse support?

I have been told that there is something about the 360 that prevents any game from supporting the use of a mouse or keyboard, despite the system's USB ports. Is this accurate? I haven't exhaustively tried out 360 games with a mouse plugged in, but I can't really find a firm statement that it can't be done. Except that a friend of mine told me he tried to play Command & Conquer 3 with a mouse and it didn't work. How lame.

Now, with PS3, I know that Unreal Tournament 3 supports mouse and keyboard (but the 360 version doesn't). Are there any other PS3 games that can use a mouse and/or keyboard?

Lastly, how about PS2? I did a little googling and all I found was someone saying that only a small few PS2 games supported a keyboard or mouse. Which ones would those be? I also saw a Logitech mouse that was marked as being for PS2 -- how is that different from any other USB mouse?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Bump.

I'd also like to have an answer to this question, as my husband wants to play Rez with a mouse set-up.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I know that on the PS2/PS3 you can use SplitFish GameWare's EDGE FX and FRAG FX mouse based controllers with ANY GAME that supports standard controller use.

The Frag FX for PS3

I've never used them but reviews on the quality of the devices have been very positive.

Sadly, Microsoft has currently not approved identical peripherals that the company has presented for license by SplitFish GameWare.

There WAS a peripheral for the original XBOX called Smart Joy Frag - that allowed a mouse and keyboard to plug into one of the controller ports, but it's not compatible with 360.

Currently XBOX 360 just doesn't support any type of universal mouse gaming usage.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"