Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts for 360. (Out Now!)

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    I'm going to disagree and say that it looks like a horrible spin on a great franchise. I never played the second B-K, but I don't remember any vehicles in the first one. This whole trailer was vehicles! It could have been any generic character in those things, that's not a B-K game at all.
    I'm with you. The trailer is a disappointment. B-K is a platformer, not some Vigilante 8 or Twisted Metal clone. I don't want vehicles -- I just want more classic goodness. B-K is one of my top three favorite games (behind Deus Ex and Zelda: OoT); I hate to see it get mangled. I don't have confidence in Rare, considering everything they've put out on the 360 has been shit, Viva Pinata not included. They're hardly brilliant any more, which hurts, since they're my favorite video game developer by far. I'll buy this on day one, but I hope there's more platforming than what I saw in the video. Or, alternatively, that the vehicle aspects aren't as corny and "gummi ship-esque" as they looked in the trailer.

To be honest, though, B-T was a pretty bad game (ripping off DK-64) in comparison to the first, so I wouldn't be surprised if this one sucked too. One can hope, though...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm going to disagree and say that it looks like a horrible spin on a great franchise. I never played the second B-K, but I don't remember any vehicles in the first one. This whole trailer was vehicles! It could have been any generic character in those things, that's not a B-K game at all.
    Agreed. I'm tempted to believe that it wasn't even supposed to be a Banjo game and they shoved him in to try and grab more sales.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unwinddesign View Post
    To be honest, though, B-T was a pretty bad game (ripping off DK-64) in comparison to the first, so I wouldn't be surprised if this one sucked too. One can hope, though...
    you're sooo wrong - banjo tooie was fantastic.
    there was no repetiveness involved as seen in DK64, you were collecting different things (DK64 forced you to explore each area with 5 characters, that's different).
    B-T had major framerate drops but worlds were huge and there were lots of cool things to do.
    I hope there will be tons of jigsaw puzzles and notes to collect in threeie.
    Last edited by Princess-Isabela; 05-13-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

I have to agree with pretty much everyone else. I don't like the look of all the vehicles either. They don't belong in a platformer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was also quite dissapointed to learn that this will be a vehicle based...platformer of sorts. i mean the little platformer footage they showed looks amazing, and I am less than thrilled about all of this vehicle combat stuff....sigh.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the vehicles. They aren't any set vehicles, like a car, or a plane. You have to build them to help you progress through the game, you can build any type of vehicle you want. Flying, rolling, burrowing, collecting, shooting. Its like having a massive erector set at your disposal to help you get through the game. Why is it folks bitch about how there's no originality in games anymore and we gamers have to suffer through yet another un-inspired sequel and then when someone tries something different, rather than have their interest piqued....they just bitch some more?

I guess most folks just like to bitch.

I'll wait for a demo or some reliable hands on reports before complaining about a game. I'm just like that.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moycon View Post
    I like the vehicles. They aren't any set vehicles, like a car, or a plane. You have to build them to help you progress through the game, you can build any type of vehicle you want. Flying, rolling, burrowing, collecting, shooting. Its like having a massive erector set at your disposal to help you get through the game. Why is it folks bitch about how there's no originality in games anymore and we gamers have to suffer through yet another un-inspired sequel and then when someone tries something different, rather than have their interest piqued....they just bitch some more?

I guess most folks just like to bitch.

I'll wait for a demo or some reliable hands on reports before complaining about a game. I'm just like that.
    Who said anything about wanting innovation? I just want a platformer, of which there are few good ones on the next-gen market. If they want to do this vehicle shit, then fine -- do it in a different game. Leave Banjo the hell alone. Maybe it'll be great. But I highly doubt it.

Again, I'd hardly call what I see in the video innovation, anyway. It looks like a gummi-ship knock-off, which also allowed a lot of customization in KH2. Guess what -- that aspect of the game still sucked big time.

I'll give it a shot; I'm buying it on day one. I'm just lowering my expectations. Look at the title, even -- nuts and bolts? What are we, in like fifth grade? Hooray for "clever" double entendres, Rare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    N30V3N0M
    Steam
    N30V3N0M

On saw a bit of it on X-Play yesterday and it looks interesting. I gotta beat Banjo-Tooie though...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Cinder6

This seems like another collection-fest from Rare. Honestly, I've never seen what others do in the company. Their N64 offerings were "meh", and the only games of theirs that I've actually liked are Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Well, at least Taboo does have some groovy music.
    Knowledge is Power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder6 View Post
    This seems like another collection-fest from Rare.
    Uhh.. well that's exactly what Banjo Kazooie is aint it? It's a friggin collectathon 3D Platformer.

Thing is.. it's the BEST collectathon 3D Platformer ever. And even though it's a pure Mario 64 clone, I think it bests it.

It's hard for lightning to strike twice though. And although BK is one of my favorite games of ALL TIME (seriously), I was pretty "meh" about Banjo-Tooie. So I'll reserve judgement on part 3 until I play it. But let me say the original BK is pure magic.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm alot less hyped for this, Since seeing the video and pics. I didn't know it was going to have so many vehicles..I mean really, It's nothing like the first two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

IGN is reporting that the game will launch November 14th, at $39.99 MSRP! For those that preorder, they will get a code to download the XBLA port/remake of Banjo-Kazooie for FREE!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/900/900010p1.html

I was having second thoughts about picking this up day one, but this is absolutely a no-brainer now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Quote Originally Posted by Nesmaster View Post
    IGN is reporting that the game will launch November 14th, at $39.99 MSRP! For those that preorder, they will get a code to download the XBLA port/remake of Banjo-Kazooie for FREE!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/900/900010p1.html

I was having second thoughts about picking this up day one, but this is absolutely a no-brainer now!
    Damn it I may actually have to buy it now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The demo is up on Live, anyone play it? I only got to play for about 15 minutes last night, and I'm mixed on it. The game world looks and feels amazing. I got that same feeling that I used to get stepping into a 3d world back on the 64. It's just perfect.

Unfortunately that perfection ended the minute I actually started to play the game. I immediately had to build a cart and then drive it up a mountain. Maybe I'm just unused to driving in games (it's been awhile), but I found the controls to be extremely awkward. I never felt like my button presses were being translated onscreen accurately.

When I finally got into a world to try to get a jiggy I was once again in my cart. I found my first goal and it was... a race. And apparaently the jiggies just give you access to more parts for your car. I had to stop after that, but this left me pretty discouraged. I had hoped that maybe all of the driving stuff I had seen was misleading (similar to the early footage I saw of Galaxies). All I want is more platforming and collecting!

I haven't been following this game at all so maybe this stuff is common knowledge, but for me I'm pretty bummed about the demo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

The demo is up on Live, anyone play it?
    Damn, I'm moving and I just packed it up last night.

After reading your comments I'll probably end up passing on this one. I too was hoping that the build your on vehicle stuff was only a minor part of the game but I guess not from what you've said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    alxbly
    PSN
    alxbly

I thought the demo was pretty good. It's clear that vehicles will be an essential part of the game (you'll need to create different vehicles for different objectives) but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I quite enjoyed tinkering with different parts to see what I could build.

Banjo and Kazooie feel a bit bare (poor pun only slightly intended) without their abilities... I hope these come back as the game progresses. But I've already bumped into a few familiar characters and the game definitely has the Banjo Kazooie feel to it. This game is different from the previous ones but I still think it has a lot of potential.
    Xbox Live: alxbly | PSN: alxbly | Wii friend code: 2326 4589 7536 6941

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Bit of back story- played BK1 on the N64 and absolutely loved it despite Rare's near-OCD when it comes to collectables. Downloaded the demo on Sunday and... well, today I clicked it on at 4:30pm thinking 'half an hour before dinner', only to click it off eventually at 6:30pm when I realised my stomach was growling loud enough to wake the dead. The game is freaking addictive. And awesome. And you can save vehicle designs from the demo for use in the full game. I never realised how much fun driving a vehicle that's 1 block wide and 15 high could be. ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

I can't wait to try this demo, I'm only silver so I have to wait a few days. I'm going to go in it with a completely open mind. I think a lot of people are going to pass on it/hate it out of the box because it's trying to be different from BK/BT on the N64... but I'll enjoy it for what it is. Rare games rarely disappoint me, and it's not like the game is entirely void of platforming goodness... it's just not FILLED with it.

The only thing I can see becoming a bother is if the objectives are mostly based on winning races, rather than using vehicles to solve certain challenges. If there's a good balance between racing and other forms of challenges then I should be okay with the game.

If nothing else it's a $40 gamble that if turns sour, at least I'm getting the classic BK on the arcade for free to soften the blow.

Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

first review is up!
    http://www.nzgamer.com/x360/reviews/...uts-bolts.html

this only confirms that I was right,
    all nonbelievers - shame on you!
    Banjo is almost here,
    *dancing madly*

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Mmoinn's wow gold

[edit] Now now, let's not be spamming. [edit]
    Last edited by Dangerboy; 11-04-2008 at 08:09 AM.