Thread: Audiosurf - Ride your music! <- I didn't make up that lame subtitle

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

I love love love the e-mail notification system that Audiosurf uses. I was afraid that once the novelty of using your own songs to create tracks wore off, that there would be nothing to bring me back to playing this game. The e-mails provided that replay value. I've even created a little filter on my e-mail client that sifts all the Audiosurf e-mails onto their own folder, so I have a list of "objectives" that I still need to complete. God, this game rules.

I've been having a heckuva time trying to regain the Pro score for Bob Dylan's "Rainy Day Women #12 & #35". Got very close, but was still about 1k away (The top score was 75k, and I got 74k). Now whenever I try it, my score is usually 40-50k, which annoys me to no end.

Besides Ninja Mono, I haven't really given Elite mode any playtime. But I'm having a blast using the Pro Eraser. Also, if you haven't noticed, the Friends Browser is up now, so go check it out!
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

(click for video)

Not a very good run, but it was on ironmode, finished clean, and I stealthed it...so screw it. The run right beforehand I had picked up a hell of a lot more blocks but botched it around 2:10 in on a mistimed juke to the left But hey, #1 for now (again)... if I get topped, I'll go back in and do a cleaner stealth ironmode run before I throw in the towel and migrate to pusher elite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

i dont have that gnr song but if I did i would try and beat you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overbite View Post
    i dont have that gnr song but if I did i would try and beat you
    Shouldn't be too hard to improve on the score. I'm hoping to get it up to 150k sometime this week, but in the meantime I'm defragging the hell out of my capture drive in the hopes that I can snag my stuff at 60fps. I tried to do a video of a stealth / clean finish / iron mode run of "We Are 138" by The Misfits and it's god damn impossible unless it runs smooth. The timing for a lot of those traffic groups is way too tight.

If you need me to rip some CDs, let me know on AIM sometime. I'm always down for helping a fellow goon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's funny how badly I felt about this run while filming it since it wasn't going completely smooth and yet I somehow managed to top my previous high score.

(click image for a video of the run)

Lots of room for improvement, but thankfully it's a short and highly enjoyable fast paced song to practice on. After a round or two of this then pretty much everything else feels like cake.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dreamcast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    X_DarkFaction_X

I have had this game since the day it came out. And all I have to say is that this game is alot like amplitude

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amplitude_(game)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    I have had this game since the day it came out. And all I have to say is that this game is alot like amplitude

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amplitude_(game)
    It's as different from Amplitude is as Dance Dance Revolution is from Beatmania. In Amplitude and Beatmania (and Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc), you actually generate the music...unlike DDR and Audiosurf where the music is static but determines the level that you play.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

So, is anyone still playing this?

I kinda dropped off when my school semester was coming to a close, but now I'm back to playing it regularly. They've also tweaked some of the stuff in the game since the last postings, such as:

- last.fm audioscrobbling (whatever song you play in Audiosurf automagically gets added to your last.fm profile)

- Comments tab on every song's scoreboard

- Customized player news on the song loading screen (when friends last played, songs you're champion of, etc...)

- New hover vehicle for Eraser Elite

- Added Vegas ability: generate a random powerup every 60 seconds

- You can play freeride as a music visualizer on your desktop while other applications are running, and it will automatically advance to the next song in your current folder or current m3u playlist
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Hell yeah, I recently became heavily addicted to this. Quite possibly the best $10 I've ever spent.