Page 123 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 3293

Thread: The Official Angry Video Game Nerd Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I honestly was not expecting to see a gold NWC cart in this video, but I figured it belonged to Pat as soon as I saw it. The blue repro cart in the video belongs to the AVGN. He's had it for awhile as I remember when he first put it up on his video game checklist a couple of years ago. That NWC 1990 poster you could see in the video that he had up on his wall was originally packaged in with the repro cart.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very cool video. Pretty neat to see both a grey AND gold NWC cart together. And they're real! Good work nerd.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elvis8atari View Post
    Now that's awesome! That is one really dedicated fan!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elvis8atari View Post
    I bet the Nerd himself would love to own that. Of course, that would defeat the whole purpose seeing that all the money it fetches when it sells is going to be donated to him for the AVGN movie.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

wow colour me shocked!, we've gone an entire page without some mouthbreahter saying the nerd has "lost his touch and X clone is better now!" posts

but seriously, this episode was really well done, I love how there was the contrast of two differnt nes fans collector vs player. one of them "gets" what the nwc represents and the other just sees it as a compilation cart of crappy games. well done overall.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dap9984 View Post
    Sweet, thanks for linking that!

I had been wondering since I saw the video who exactly owned 'em!

-a2a

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, Finally a good Nerd review, getting fewer of those the last year or two.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

they have a trick video on Super Mario Bros 2 out
    http://cinemassacre.com/2011/09/01/s...bros-2-tricks/

nothing too special, but I didn't know a few of them

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

http://cinemassacre.com/2011/09/26/c...4-review-1992/

It's not exactly a review, but this is a 1992 video with him playing Castlevania IV... and he says more or less the same stuff. There's even a bit of cursing, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the Nerd, but I dislike it when he does "history" videos. He seems to forget that much of his audience are video game nerds who are already well aware of the history behind the consoles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius Spunkwater View Post
    I like the Nerd, but I dislike it when he does "history" videos. He seems to forget that much of his audience are video game nerds who are already well aware of the history behind the consoles.
    Words cannot express how much I disagree with this. I am inclined to believe that much of his audience has never played anything before a Playstation, and who could stand to learn something about the history of video games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I enjoy a "peppering" of his old, old home movies, but his RSS feed has been dominated by stuff produced from his childhood lately. The comics got pretty old fast.

Oh well. Next week starts Monster Madness. d(o.o)b

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boatofcar View Post
    Words cannot express how much I disagree with this. I am inclined to believe that much of his audience has never played anything before a Playstation, and who could stand to learn something about the history of video games.
    That's nonsense. You give nowhere near enough credit to modern gamers. Anyone watching these videos is at least aware of the existence of a number of consoles and I'm willing to bet that most of his viewers are people riding the waves of nostalgia. For God's sake, he rarely reviews anything past the SNES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius Spunkwater View Post
    That's nonsense. You give nowhere near enough credit to modern gamers. Anyone watching these videos is at least aware of the existence of a number of consoles and I'm willing to bet that most of his viewers are people riding the waves of nostalgia. For God's sake, he rarely reviews anything past the SNES.
    I wasn't aware you had access to his analytics. Forgive me. Pray tell, what is the demographic of the average Youtube watcher? Digital Press visitor?

Just because someone had a NES growing up doesn't mean that they are passionate about the history of video games. If it bugs you that he tries to educate as well as entertain, I suggest you turn the dial to the right.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

... I wouldn't take his videos as a history lesson of any kind. His TMNT game videos that featured the C64 were pretty damn stupid. Especially because he couldn't figure out how to run the damn games.

... because apparently reading the manual was too hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Junker Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    yoyotheyoshi
    Steam
    aryoshie

Quote Originally Posted by boatofcar View Post
    I do agree to an extent, quite a few of his viewers I've noticed are, in fact, younger gamers and aren't very experienced (if at all) with classic titles. It's these same people who generally go around spreading how "shit" Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Castlevania II and a select other few games he's reviewed that were actually decent at the very least, but never really see the game for themselves. TMNT was not a bad game, in fact, I liked it. It was definitely a brutal game but part of it was strategy, figuring out which Turtle was best for what part. Castlevania II was actually pretty good, translation errors aside, it spawned a favorite among most CV fans, Symphony of the Night. Never cared for that one myself, just sayin' haha :P

But it's these same people who boast how terrible E.T. really is, but.. In all honesty? I personally don't think it's -that- bad, it almost seems like any other mediocre Atari game to me. When you know what to do, it's playable. Sure, there's a few glitches, there's the annoyances and there's all the holes everywhere, but you know how I see that? That's challenge. It pisses you off, and when something like that pisses you off in a game, that's a challenge to me. I'm all for challenge. Let's face it, there are FAR worse games out there, on and outside the Atari. Far, far, far worse games. I think some of these more younger fans that're more impressionable by what he and other reviewers like him say should really try to discover for themselves and try to have their own opinion on these games, they might find they're really enjoyable little gems.
    "Nothing can beat the music of hundreds of voices screaming in unison!" ~ Kefka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just genuinely dislike the guy and his brand of "humour". I know he's going for that angry comedian thing but he really just comes across as a whiny brat. The constant complaining is just too much for me. It seems like if you hate a game that much why spend all this time making a video about it. I guess a lot of people like his videos but I really have no interest in watching some guy complain on camera.
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djshok View Post
    I just genuinely dislike the guy and his brand of "humour". I know he's going for that angry comedian thing but he really just comes across as a whiny brat. The constant complaining is just too much for me. It seems like if you hate a game that much why spend all this time making a video about it. I guess a lot of people like his videos but I really have no interest in watching some guy complain on camera.
    Amen to that. I've always felt that anyone can make comments like his, "Oh look at those gigantic brown cylinders of shit that drop ball sacks". Not a fan of his work, and I'm not really sure why anyone bothers watching him.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by djshok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TRM View Post
    Amen to that. I've always felt that anyone can make comments like his, "Oh look at those gigantic brown cylinders of shit that drop ball sacks". Not a fan of his work, and I'm not really sure why anyone bothers watching him.
    Yet you're both posting in a thread dedicated to the guy... interesting...

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29