Page 124 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 3293

Thread: The Official Angry Video Game Nerd Discussion Thread

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    Yet you're both posting in a thread dedicated to the guy... interesting...
    They're not the first people to complain about him here either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius Spunkwater View Post
    I like the Nerd, but I dislike it when he does "history" videos. He seems to forget that much of his audience are video game nerds who are already well aware of the history behind the consoles.
    I actually enjoy his "history" videos more then most of his other shows. I was never even aware of things like the Intelivision, Collecovision, or Odyssey before his videos on them. I would say that even though he might not have every single detail right, it did spark some interest in game consoles I either wasn't aware of or had little knowledge of before.

Now granted the AVGN was primarily what sparked me to get into retro gaming in the first place so maybe I have a unique perspective in this. I was a gamer but had gotten rid of all of my "classic" systems years before and his history videos in particular made me interested in what I missed out on along with my own personal favorites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    Yet you're both posting in a thread dedicated to the guy... interesting...
    If you read the thread title, it is "The Official Angry Video Game Nerd Discussion Thread". I do not enjoy his stuff, no reason why that cannot be included in part of a discussion thread. If it was titled "The Official Worship Thread Dedicated to the Amazing Angry Video Game Nerd" then maybe my thoughts would not belong here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by TRM View Post
    If you read the thread title, it is "The Official Angry Video Game Nerd Discussion Thread". I do not enjoy his stuff, no reason why that cannot be included in part of a discussion thread. If it was titled "The Official Worship Thread Dedicated to the Amazing Angry Video Game Nerd" then maybe my thoughts would not belong here.
    So it make sense for someone to come to this website for the sole purpose of talking about how much they hate playing video games? Some things are implied--we don't call Digital Press "The Official Worship Thread Dedicated to the Video Games" but most intelligent people can figure it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boatofcar View Post
    So it make sense for someone to come to this website for the sole purpose of talking about how much they hate playing video games? Some things are implied--we don't call Digital Press "The Official Worship Thread Dedicated to the Video Games" but most intelligent people can figure it out.
    You are missing my point, although I believe that you know what I am driving at.
    The thread regarding the AVGN is just one thread on a whole forum dedicated to videogames. I do not seek out whole websites dedicated to the AVGN or anything like that, and if I did, perhaps I would understand your analogy. This is not the case though. I see nothing unreasonable or strange about someone popping into a thread occasionally, one of a large sea of threads, dedicated to an online show that the poster does not find particularly funny. I am the type of person who doesn’t judge --- I just like to know the thought processes behind people and what not. I may not care for the AVGN, but it is interesting to read what others have to say about him, those who do enjoy his movies. Nothing wrong with this, and I am not evening trolling either. I just stated my opinion and left it at that.

Back to the discussion issue. If there was a thread related to a video game, say Super Mario Bros. 3 for example. It seems unreasonable that people who have played (yet do not enjoy) Super Mario Bros. 3 should be excluded from the discussion, just because it goes against the majority of the opinions. If someone says “I hate Super Mario Bros.3 because it sucks, it is just so stupid”, that is really not offering much to the conversation. On the other hand, if someone dislikes the game because the original does not have a save feature, and it is so long, then I can understand this as a reasonable and valid point.

I personally do not like the Angry Video Game Nerd’s movies because he just seems so juvenile in the films.

Cherry (Level 1) leatherrebel5150's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Those who do not like his whining and complaning, you do know he is acting right? It is all just a character he made up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leatherrebel5150 View Post
    Those who do not like his whining and complaning, you do know he is acting right? It is all just a character he made up.
    Yeah, I always figured he was just acting, trying to make his comments over-the-top so that others would find it funny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've always felt that anyone can make comments like his, "Oh look at those gigantic brown cylinders of shit that drop ball sacks".
    And yet he's the only one that can make a living doing it.
    Maybe your 'feeling' is misguided and there's actually some talent invloved in what he does.
    That doesn't mean you have to like it, of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple View Post
    I wonder if any collectors watched the latest episode and freaked out when he destroyed the two NWC 1990 carts.
    Do you have a link, I could see it?

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Does he actually destroy carts or does he just use camera trickery to make it look that way?

Anyway, personally I love the AVGN. Yes sometimes his shitstream of fucknuggets gets tedious, but when you're in the right mood he's genuinely hilarious.

His Kid Kool review got me to go googling to find out if "Dr. Claw's Dump n' Pump" was a real game... I wound up laughing at myself and admiring the efficiency of his trollishness. Celestia would approve.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Does he actually destroy carts or does he just use camera trickery to make it look that way?
    He DOES destroy carts, but they're usually cheap, common ones. He didn't really destroy that NWC cart.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Yeah, I always figured he was just acting, trying to make his comments over-the-top so that others would find it funny.
    In person, he's a very humble, reserved, quiet, shy guy. The "character" is not something he made up overnight, it's simply how he acts when frustrated with video games. Or at least how he did as a kid, like many of us did. His old home movies prove that, which is why I find them funny too. AVGN is really no different than say Pee-Wee Herman, an adult who behaved like a child, and made us all laugh.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I realize it's an act, and AVGN is a character that he plays. I just dislike the character. Just like I disliked Jar Jar in the Star Wars Episode 1. I'm not sure what he's like in real life, I may or may not like him, can't really say. The ranting comedy does nothing to amuse me, so I don't like him.

Eitherway, saying you dislike something and giving a reason for it falls under discussion. If you don't like my opinion, then well, deal with it. That's your problem. There are plenty of discussion threads on here about all sorts of subjects where people post their likes and dislikes of them.
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    compute1984

When he was a kid? Jesus. I still act like that when I'm frustrated at a game. My first playstation met a cruel fate when it flew into the living room wall. Man that was like 15 years ago.
    See my latest arcade repair at the Holodeck 2 Arcade Repair Blog: http://holodeck2arcade.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've never beaten up any of my consoles, but my controllers used to have a very short lifespan. I've snapped Dualshocks in half on a couple of occasions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New Nerd, Dark Castle

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/an...wattack/721808

Holy crap. I know this game was originally a Mac game and it apparently plays much better on that platform, but the console versions of this just look horrendous.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Oh, lord, Dark Castle. The first game review I ever watched was of this game, by The Fat Man Cometh. I enjoyed the review enough to actually play the game myself. It was so bad that I've lost all memory of that entire week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    compute1984

Can the PSX contraption be a steering wheeel?
    See my latest arcade repair at the Holodeck 2 Arcade Repair Blog: http://holodeck2arcade.blogspot.com

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Aside from Cheetahmen, Dark Castle is easily the shittiest game he's ever reviewed. Wow, I can't believe they actually released that garbage. The video was pretty funny, just by virtue of the game itself and his frustration playing it.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Yeah Dark Castle definitely falls into the category of "who thought this was a good idea?" game. I was convinced their was some issue with my controller as well when I tried to play that sad sad excuse for a video game. lol