Page 135 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 3293

Thread: The Official Angry Video Game Nerd Discussion Thread

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by Flam View Post
    I was born in 1978 so I get the gaming "in-jokes". And as far as the shit jokes, those are what I'm referring to as that is 80% of his humor
    Ironically so was I. However, I've watched every AVGN video and that's not 80% of his humor. Not for several years now.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Ironically so was I. However, I've watched every AVGN video and that's not 80% of his humor. Not for several years now.

I'll admit that I've only watched about a total of 8-10 videos, and I can attest to the fact that of the ones I watched the vast majority of the humor were "dick and fart jokes" which is why I've never bothered to watch anymore. So if you've watched them all I can't argue against that, just from the sampling I've watched the humor is terrible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

..well with that out of the way here's a new one:http://cinemassacre.com/2012/12/17/avgn-atari-sports/

A good one, my favorite since episode 100, and it was put together well. That camera he has is awesome! No christmas theme, though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't care for the shit jokes, like the little kids do, I prefer when he does stuff like show how useless and bad the Power Glove was.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYDuy7wM8Gk

Ok greg, I was ready to give you the benefit of the doubt untill I watched the power glove episode you said that you prefer since you don't care for the shit jokes. During this video he said fuck 60 times, shit 17 times, and GD 4 times. Now unless you are the Cohen Bro's (and Big Lebowski this clip is not) this is not humor. How someone can find a 12:30 minute video of someone cussing while trying to get the power glove to work is beyond me, I don't buy the "some just got get the inside humor" argument. In a nutshell the tirade at the 12:00 point in this video of why the AVGN sucks. I can picture all the 13-15 year olds pissing theirselves from this tirade. I don't care if that's "his character" or what. It's just simply not funny.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The cursing isnt whats funny, the situations are. I can see if people are very sensitive to cursing they wont enjoy him, so yeah if you cant get past it, then you wont enjoy him. "It so fuckin suck it fucks." Is an awesome line though.

I love his videos though, and I do love how he can do and say whatever he wants on youtube, unlike on tv.
    Last edited by IHatedSega; 12-17-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=IHatedSega;1942960] I can see if people are very sensitive to cursing they wont enjoy him[QUOTE]

I see where you are coming from, but it's not that I'm sensitive to cursing, it's just that it's not funny (to me at least). To each his own.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by rkotm View Post
    ..well with that out of the way here's a new one:http://cinemassacre.com/2012/12/17/avgn-atari-sports/
    I really, REALLY enjoyed that football rant of his. If a new football game came out that was actually titled that, I would so buy it.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

He had a few good one liners in this new one. Grand Prix: "looks like a bunch of kazoo's racing down a cabbage patch."
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He had a few good one liners in this new one. Grand Prix: "looks like a bunch of kazoo's racing down a cabbage patch."
    Agreed.

Some 2600 sports games are so atrocious that the AVGN's usual hyperbole/over reaction comes off as understatement. Apart from some Activision offerings (Ice Hockey and Tennis), I can't recall really enjoying any sports games for the system.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm fond of the line "which one is Pele?, I bet he's the round one!"
    What's up with islands? Get more land.
    What's up with deserts? Get less sand.

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been enjoying the videos where he and Mike (and sometimes Justin) have just been reminiscing about video stores because I remember that being a big part of my childhood/teen years. The Atari Sports one was funny in its own way, and I think it proves he didn't have to go all out with the production and situations to make an enjoyable video.
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I cant believe Jorg Buttgereit's work was referenced in one of hi videos. Schramm, Der Todesking and Nekromantik 2 are some of my favorite horror films.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

James and Mike joke about Golf (NES) for 13 minutes:

http://cinemassacre.com/2012/12/30/nes-golf/

I admit, this is James's first video that bored me to death. Nothing was funny or clever. I don't know why it was even posted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agreed - I saw most of this the other day then shut it off :\

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah the Golf video was just two guys having some fun and didnt make for a really good video.

Did you guys see the Atari Sports episode? That was the first Nerd video I dont need to watch over again, mainly just because I dont like sports. Does anyone know what his next video will be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IHatedSega View Post
    Yeah the Golf video was just two guys having some fun and didnt make for a really good video.

Did you guys see the Atari Sports episode? That was the first Nerd video I dont need to watch over again, mainly just because I dont like sports. Does anyone know what his next video will be?
    His jokes really weren't all there in that episode.

Lately I've been watching Gamesack and loving each episode.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by IHatedSega View Post

actually i hated the atari sports video because he felt like he was pushed to say bad things that were already obvious... "graphics are bad" well yeah.... Its the atari 2600.... "theres very lil controls" well yeah its a stick and one button... "what these look like stick figures"... as a matter of fact yes they do because once again its the 2600.

Its kinda like saying bad things that are obvious about handicapped people. "Wow he's so blind he can't even see where he's going" .... Well no shit you can't tell by the cane hes swinging back and forth clanking on the ground to help him walk around? or "CAN YOU HEAR ME ARE YOU DEAF"... what the hearing aids aren't a dead give away?

Come on man. Get back on the program and find real turds.. not try to make them up.
    Last edited by Collector_Gaming; 01-04-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know why AVGN has not done a Neo Geo game/system review yet? He's done just about every other system other than that...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eastbayarb View Post
    I know this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know why AVGN has not done a Neo Geo game/system review yet? He's done just about every other system other than that...
    Probably because it'd spike the production costs a good 3 grand just to get the system and some of the more demanded games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    Agreed - I saw most of this the other day then shut it off :\
    Yeah, it was kinda lame. About half way through I left and went to dump my ass, in honor of James, of course. Got back, and they were still talking about the game.