Page 161 of 165 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 3293

Thread: The Official Angry Video Game Nerd Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Avgn does pepsiman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdVP2XxV3QU

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

SPOILER

Loved that he found the guy from the game Mike Butters!
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    SPOILER

Loved that he found the guy from the game Mike Butters!
    That was a surprise i heard mike butters has a fb and that's how james reached him.It's great that mike agreed to guest star in the video.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

I felt a particularly good one.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Decent one with a goofy surprise at the end.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Greg2600 For This Useful Post:

jperryss (08-23-2020)

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Fantastic animated intro for another Simpsons-based episode.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

A guy who's outlived his expiration date talking about a show that outlived its expiration date lol

No seriously though, I've always loved the 8 and 16 bit Simpsons games for their unique style and interesting level design. I still watch the Nerf sometimes even if the joke has run its course.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    A guy who's outlived his expiration date talking about a show that outlived its expiration date lol
    He actually makes that joke in the video while talking about himself.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I probably mentioned this before but I prefer his movie and TV review stuff. I know he does what drives eyeballs to his content so he primarily sticks to video games but it seems like his passion is more with film

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

It's time james retire the avgn it's just isn't entertaining anymore.These latest episodes are not even by him it's his channel network,screenwave media that does it and there talent less hacks to begin with.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Sorry if this is old news to everyone else, but I just learned that earlier this year that the Irate Gamer did a crossover with AVGN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWAeXHmOH-c

What I find kinda funny and sad is that this felt genuinely passionate compared to AVGN's recent content, and it was also subtly nostalgic re: the angry reviewer community. This is the first time in years I've seen even a subtle mention of people like Armake21.

Nostalgia is pretty much the only reason I watch these kinds of videos anymore, as now I usually prefer either informational videos, or else actually playing the games.

I recently tried out three games AVGN reviewed--Silver Surfer, Paperboy, and Friday the 13th (two of those I had previous experience with, but Surfer was new to me). None of them are as bad as he said, and I would like to do my own reviews because I thought a lot of AVGN's problems were dumb, but I had different problems with each.

Silver Surfer especially, as he basically complained about things that are true of any shmup, but only briefly touched on one of the real issues the game has--that its hard to tell what's a background object and what's actually dangerous.

I never understood how anyone could be confused by the map in Friday the 13th.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I probably mentioned this before but I prefer his movie and TV review stuff.
    His early movie and TV reviews are pretty good, but his recent stuff where he just randomly talks about various movies with his friends to copy the style of Red Letter Media is pretty bad. They're just not as fun or enjoyable to watch as Red Letter Media, their personalities just aren't entertaining/charismatic enough to hear rambling on unscripted for 40-50 minutes straight. With the few of his videos like that I've watched I just got bored and stopped watching them within 10-20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    Sorry if this is old news to everyone else, but I just learned that earlier this year that the Irate Gamer did a crossover with AVGN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWAeXHmOH-c

What I find kinda funny and sad is that this felt genuinely passionate compared to AVGN's recent content, and it was also subtly nostalgic re: the angry reviewer community. This is the first time in years I've seen even a subtle mention of people like Armake21.
    I haven't watched that crossover, maybe I will as you're saying it's actually good. A lot of the early reviewers are still creating content, PlayItBogart is still uploading videos though they're now mostly just long videos of games he streamed. And maybe a month or two ago youtube randomly recommended videos by Urinating Tree, though he only reviews sports now and avoids video games entirely. No idea why that got recommended to me at all. Technically Spoony still posts uploads on youtube, but he just streams random games now instead of doing any reviews. I haven't watched his content in years. I won't watch 4-5 hour long videos of streamed content, I don't know who has that much time to dedicate all at once to internet videos. Youtube was pretty fun 10-15 years ago, there's obviously still stuff to watch regularly but it feels completely different now. In a way it was better before people made content to actually live off of as a career, people made videos for fun and there were lots of shorter videos. And no sponsorship ads before every video advertising VPNs and other crap. Most videos feel pretty artificial now like most professionally produced content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Avgn update,mike will be leaving and now nobody is left from the old crew.Fine that rental reviews are ending i never cared for it anyways id rather watch red letter media over it.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 12-22-2020 at 01:32 AM.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

I actually liked the Rental Review shows. James and Mike Mondays were okay, but there's far more $ in streaming game playing.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

The fact that Mike is leaving to pursue live streaming rather than being shown the door due to the fact that he posted photos of his penis to Twitter twice, said horrible things about James, and drew racist, sexist, and vile cartoons, is the ultimate "turn the other cheek". I mean good God, how horrible of a human do you have to be to be disavowed by James
    Last edited by gbpxl; 12-22-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

The fact that Mike is leaving to pursue live streaming rather than being shown the door due to the fact that he posted photos of his penis to Twitter twice, said horrible things about James, and drew racist, sexist, and vile cartoons, is the ultimate "turn the other cheek". I mean good God, how horrible of a human do you have to be to be disavowed by James
    https://www.mikematei.com/blog/mike-...-cinemassacre/

Sure don't get that presumption from Mike's statement. As I said, producing those episodes no longer make any sense, as everything has gone to Twitch streaming.

Also, the penis thing was a brief one-time likely drunk moment 3 years ago which he basically erased as well he could. Yes the Loco Bandito stuff was very bad, also date to the 2000's, and he apologized for them. They were poor attempts of satire (style of R. Crumb), but he admittedly "didn't know what he was doing."

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

https://www.mikematei.com/blog/mike-...-cinemassacre/

Sure don't get that presumption from Mike's statement. As I said, producing those episodes no longer make any sense, as everything has gone to Twitch streaming.

Also, the penis thing was a brief one-time likely drunk moment 3 years ago which he basically erased as well he could. Yes the Loco Bandito stuff was very bad, also date to the 2000's, and he apologized for them. They were poor attempts of satire (style of R. Crumb), but he admittedly "didn't know what he was doing."
    Ever watch an interview with a convicted serial killer? they come off as being the nicest person you'd ever meet.

I think there's a lot going on with that dude and based off what Ive seen him willing to say and do on camera, I can only imagine what is said behind closed doors.

I know it's fashionable to hate on the successful people but I guess it's hard for me to seperate the person from the show they are putting on... James is the only stand-up person among the people he associates with in his videos.. it's hard to watch and be entertained by a person who clearly has some very dark and twisted thoughts... As for the apology and his reforming, ok, if he reformed, awesome. Ive just never seen any mention of it in any of the videos Ive watched... I guess most the fans dont know or dont care.

and maybe I am just cynical, but I don't think people change. not unless they are fucked up in the extreme like former Nazis, former criminals... to me, unless someone is confronted about their behavior, or it's affecting their job, they dont see themselves as bad enough to try and change.. again if he apologized or disavowed his "former self" great. I just think if someone is nearing 40 years old, shit they did in their mid-30s... like what they were douchebags for the first 37 years and now theyve learned their lesson but they never once mention that they suddenly had this awakening? uh right
    Last edited by gbpxl; 12-22-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

ok I just read an apology which appears to be written by him... and honestly it just really tells you where his head is at. he basically said "if anyone is offended by this, I apologize." that's like pooping in the middle of the street, getting up, then afterwards saying, "if anyone was grossed out by that, I'm sorry."

Well what's really telling is that HE isn't disturbed by what he drew/wrote.

I have family members who will do the same shit. "well I'm sorry if that offends you." okay, so the thoughts are still in your head, you're just gonna make sure those thoughts don't come out because others find it disagreeable. uh okay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I actually liked the Rental Review shows. James and Mike Mondays were okay, but there's far more $ in streaming game playing.
    I never saw the point of rental reviews when most of the time james was being talked over,by his cronies That being screenwave media.Ditto twitch before mike left he was all ready doing live streams full time there.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 12-22-2020 at 11:23 PM.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

ok I just read an apology which appears to be written by him... and honestly it just really tells you where his head is at. he basically said "if anyone is offended by this, I apologize." that's like pooping in the middle of the street, getting up, then afterwards saying, "if anyone was grossed out by that, I'm sorry."

Well what's really telling is that HE isn't disturbed by what he drew/wrote.

I have family members who will do the same shit. "well I'm sorry if that offends you." okay, so the thoughts are still in your head, you're just gonna make sure those thoughts don't come out because others find it disagreeable. uh okay
    My point was simply that Mike did not "leave" AVGN over any of those circumstances.