Page 66 of 165 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 3293

Thread: The Official Angry Video Game Nerd Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For anyone who wants to give it a go, someone on Youtube put up the entire uh... "game"

(NWS)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjMAG5IDnek

I understand why he complained so much about the narrator now too, you get scolded out for almost everything you choose in this game.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Wow, I cannot believe how bad that game was!
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Take your damn clothes off!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with the sentiment that it's better when AVGN rips on things that haven't been overripped.

I mean, not that Plumbers Don't Wear Ties gets any praise, because it doesn't, but it's not a well-known game to the average gamer. It's nice when he's playing it with a fresh POV, and I'm learning about the game in depth for the first time.

If he were just piling on the latest Sonic games like everyone else, it wouldn't be the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

I agree that he should continue finding obscure crap to review. Some things are just overdone like ET.
    DERP

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple View Post

If he were just piling on the latest Sonic games like everyone else, it wouldn't be the same.
    Yeah, what is peoples obsession with Sonic? I have no interest in those games whatsoever. A stupid blue rat running around

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emceelokey View Post
    Thank you.

I wouldn't expect someone from Jersey to understand though. Right! Haha! FACE!

Speaking of Jersey, isn't AVGN based out of there? As well as the Digital Press store. I saw a video with someone either working for the store or it was just some gathering where they were interviewing him. Place seems pretty cool. Places like that have disappeared around here in the past 5 years or so...((for good reason though)(like selling a burned copy of Intelligent Qube for PS1 as an "import" for $70))... [(!)]~
    I'm pretty sure the AVGN lives in or near Philadelphia.

Strawberry (Level 2) Pezcore343's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pezcore343

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Maniac View Post
    I'm pretty sure the AVGN lives in or near Philadelphia.
    It's no longer there, and I don't know how valid it was when it was there, but his Wikipedia entry used to claim that he lives in Seaside, New Jersey. I don't know how believeable that is, considering most people refer to it as "Slease-side" and James's place doesn't look like a shore house. Anyway, the Jersey Shore area is very near Philly and that is usually considered "the city" to the people down there just like New York is "the city" to residents of northern New Jersey.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elvis8atari View Post
    Yeah, what is peoples obsession with Sonic? I have no interest in those games whatsoever. A stupid blue rat running around
    Best. Quote. Ever.

I didn't realize how damn good Wing Commander III looks on the 3DO, in comparision to the other FMV games of the time. It's also got Mark Hamill (!). Makes me want a 3DO.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Best. Quote. Ever.

I didn't realize how damn good Wing Commander III looks on the 3DO, in comparision to the other FMV games of the time. It's also got Mark Hamill (!). Makes me want a 3DO.
    Night Trap looks visually good on the 3DO in comparison to many FMV games. Even if the game is... a little... cheesy
    DERP

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicwolf View Post
    Night Trap looks visually good on the 3DO in comparison to many FMV games. Even if the game is... a little... cheesy
    I didn't realize how much graphically better the 3DO is. Maybe it's because I get the 3DO and the CDI mixed up all the time? (Anybody else to that?)
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This last episode really leaves me wanting to know more. What happened to the developer of this title. This is their only game credit. Was it just some friends getting together and having a laugh that someone (obviously drunk and/or high) decided would be marketable? Did anyone responsible in the creation of this game think it was any good, or was it someone's strange idea of a joke or a prank? I would really like to know the genesis of this game and what happened to the company and the people involved.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

I didn't realize how much graphically better the 3DO is. Maybe it's because I get the 3DO and the CDI mixed up all the time? (Anybody else to that?)
    The 3DO really had potentional. Its a shame that the higher ups in that company were a bunch of mushheads and they overpriced the system.
    DERP

Strawberry (Level 2) Pezcore343's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pezcore343

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    This last episode really leaves me wanting to know more. What happened to the developer of this title. This is their only game credit. Was it just some friends getting together and having a laugh that someone (obviously drunk and/or high) decided would be marketable? Did anyone responsible in the creation of this game think it was any good, or was it someone's strange idea of a joke or a prank? I would really like to know the genesis of this game and what happened to the company and the people involved.
    I'm in the same boat. It seems like there is almost no information on the web about it other than how much of a steaming turd it is. Currently Wikipedia lists Kirin Entertainment as the publishers and Fratelli Productions as the developer, although I believe Kirin also developed it and someone falsely entered Fratelli Productions as advertising (although I don't know why you would want people to think you made this piece of crap).

The only results I get, other than video game websites like GameSpot and IGN, when I search for Kirin Entertainment is for some small, apparently family owned DJ service. And you know what? Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if these were the same people who made this "game". Just got bored one day and grab a polaroid and said ok let's go take some random ass pictures.

I guess I'll email the folks at "Kirin Entertainment" just for kicks and see what they say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad to see I'm not alone in my search. Let me know if you uncover any info about this, I'm seriously dying to know here. I'm going to start asking around and see if I can't dig anything up about them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

To me, "Plumbers Dont Wear Ties" looks like an FMV project that went through a big, "Superman IV - The Quest for Peace" style screwover. Thats when the company that is in control of the project continuously cuts staff and budget to the point where sll you have at the end of a deadline is a trashy, broken mess of a product not even worthy of public viewing or use.
    DERP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad to see I'm not alone in my search. Let me know if you uncover any info about this, I'm seriously dying to know here. I'm going to start asking around and see if I can't dig anything up about them.
    I just wrote a blog entry for my site. Kirin was around for at least another five years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Check out Night Trap for the Sega 32X/CD. It looks just as good as the 3DO version. I used to have the CD/32X CD combo pack and was just floored at the difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CRV View Post
    I just wrote a blog entry for my site. Kirin was around for at least another five years.
    That's pretty amazing. Apparently, The Perfect General is a semi-decent titles with horribly bad FMV sequences. At least it sounds like they actually made a GAME that time. I'm still really curious to know how Plumbers came about tho. It just really seems like the type of thing that anyone would be embarassed to show other people.

I love the link you posted to Theodore Serafica's website. Did he work on Plumbers or Perfect General, or both? I think this line from his resume is particularly telling: "Worked with programmers to come up with methods to optimize visual content using limited hardware/software resources." But maybe I'm just reading more into it than what's actually there.

Strawberry (Level 2) guitargary75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    Check out Night Trap for the Sega 32X/CD. It looks just as good as the 3DO version. I used to have the CD/32X CD combo pack and was just floored at the difference.
    I agree!! I don't think it fairs much better on the 3Do.