Page 68 of 165 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 3293

Thread: The Official Angry Video Game Nerd Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    DOB May 19th 1969? She looks 10 years younger, and still hot as hell.
    I'm sure Jeanne Basone is an attractive woman in real life, but the modeling photos on her web site have been heavily retouched.

Also, I noticed she was one of the original G.L.O.W. wrestlers. Her name was Hollywood.

By the way, what does the title Plumbers Don't Wear Ties have to do with the "game?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    DOB May 19th 1969? She looks 10 years younger, and still hot as hell.
    Gotta admit, she is pretty.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Strawberry (Level 2) Pezcore343's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pezcore343

By the way, what does the title Plumbers Don't Wear Ties have to do with the "game?"
    I don't think James showed it in his review, but at one point John tells Jane he is a plumber and she replies, "But John, Plumbers Don't Wear Ties" (cheer sitcom canned laughter).

God who ever thought this thing was a good idea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    I'm sure Jeanne Basone is an attractive woman in real life, but the modeling photos on her web site have been heavily retouched.

Also, I noticed she was one of the original G.L.O.W. wrestlers. Her name was Hollywood.

I agree. I'm sure she isn't as hot as the pictures, but still attractive and young-looking. She didn't look 27 in 1997 either.

As a former plumber, I can tell you the term loosely means we get our hands dirty, and aren't pansy pretty boys. Hence, not afraid of anyone's crap (literally, lol), and great with the ladies.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by newcoleco View Post
    Well, my top3 favorite video game review by AVGN differ. In my humble opinion, I think your list of the top 3 best AVGN reviews is based on what you consider the worst video games ever made, not on a particularity you like of these reviews.

For example, I consider to the best reviews those I do like to watch over and over again, and for this reason my top 3 didn't certainly include the one about E.T.

I did watch many times the reviews about Superman 64, bible games (first one), ninja turtles and some others... but only once (or twice) the reviews about Mr. Hide, E.T., Double Vision, etc.

I do want to watch again the new review about the 3DO game, because I can't believe my eyes this video game does exist... and the way he presents it is entertaining.

So, my top 3 differ from your top 3, and that's fine... but I can't consider E.T. review as his top videogame reviews of all time.

I guess you've pretty much proven to everyone you don't know what you're talking about. Considering he's never reviewed E.T.

No offense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pezcore343

I emailed Jeanne Basone to see if she remembered working on the game, and if she had ever seen the finished product or if she ever heard anything about it after her work was done.

Her response:

"did not hear anything after it was done, it was many years ago, where can I find info on it

thanks
    Jeanne"

Oh boy, can I not wait to hear what she thinks of this shit storm that she was a part of. So that's at least one person involved (and one of the stars no less) who not only had no idea how horrible this piece of crap was, but has no idea of the legacy it left behind it. I'll keep you guys updated on any further correspondence.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Send her the AVGN video.

Oh, and it would be even better if we could get the main actors, the one that played the boss of the one that played the plumber.

I can only think of one reason why someone would be in a production like this. It couldn't have been for the money. It had to have been that it took like a day to shoot all of the shots and record the movie and they were slightly interested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pezcore343

HAHA wow. So before I even got a chance to reply to Jeanne she emailed me again and this is exactly what she said:

"Ps. its pretty lame if you ask me... never thought it would see the light of day from over 15 years ago
    !" (stupid smilies, she said L. O. L.)

I'm so glad to hear that at least one person involved was aware of how awful this thing was. I emailed her back giving her the gist of what the general consensus is of the game and linked her to the ScrewAttack video of the game with commentary so she can at last see what her decade and a half old work ended up being. I'm really excited to hear if she has any memory of what the people involved thought of it at the time, and also what the developers told them about the game at the time. I can just imagine that audition.

"You're going to be auditioning for the part of a slutty girl who meets a plumber in a parking lot and then is chased by her pervy future boss, all the while trying to find true love."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pezcore343

Wow this woman is quick to respond. I'm surprised she responded at all. Well here's what she said about the game.

"Ha! the worst game ever, I love it! I think thats hilarious,, well wish my name was not on it .

I did see some terrible comments about it on youtube.... I do remember helping out a friend for his project, Michael Anderson, see what happens when you help out friends and their productions? Yikes?

there was no internet back then , had no idea it would come back to haunt me, oh well
    I will check out that link
    thanks"

Good to see she has a sense of humor about all of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

I wish AVGN would do a crappy modern PC game video. The principle game could be Big Rigs, even if it was been mocked to death already.
    DERP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hope she doesn't get swamped by messages from nerds in all corners of the Internet about this.

Also, I bet this Michael Anderson has changed his name to avoid further association.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pezcore343 View Post
    Wow this woman is quick to respond. I'm surprised she responded at all. Well here's what she said about the game.

"Ha! the worst game ever, I love it! I think thats hilarious,, well wish my name was not on it .

I did see some terrible comments about it on youtube.... I do remember helping out a friend for his project, Michael Anderson, see what happens when you help out friends and their productions? Yikes?

there was no internet back then , had no idea it would come back to haunt me, oh well
    I will check out that link
    thanks"

Good to see she has a sense of humor about all of this.
    That is seriously awesome, and it pretty much confirmed what I'd suspected, that this production was basically a bunch of friends getting together for a laugh.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

haha I actually looked up that woman too, thats awesome someone actually contacted her on here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A preview of the Nerd's next review (Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle), which is coming sometime next week:

http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/?p=2362

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

HOLY SHIT! I cannot wait for this one! It looks good and I'm psyched to watch it. If I'm not mistaken, isn't this the first time there's been a direct sequel to one of his reviews? I know the horror ones were just parts of a story, but this looks to be an honest to God sequel!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze View Post
    HOLY SHIT! I cannot wait for this one! It looks good and I'm psyched to watch it. If I'm not mistaken, isn't this the first time there's been a direct sequel to one of his reviews? I know the horror ones were just parts of a story, but this looks to be an honest to God sequel!
    Batman got one.

Strawberry (Level 2) emceelokey's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, that Jeanne chick has a crazy resume. She was trained by Mondo Guerrero! That's pretty awesome. Looks like she had some work done on her cheeks though. That never looks right. Still hot though. That's cool though. Makes me waht to find out where some other fmv actors are today. Especially the chick that was Rebecca Chambers in the original Resident Evil game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

Quote Originally Posted by Malon_Forever View Post
    Batman got one.
    But, wasn't that just part of a story? I meant by sequel as a review that didn't have a second part immediately following the first(I always took that as the second part of an episode instead of a sequel). By the trailer, he looks like he did put a lot of time into this one, as he stated. I know he's busy, but I'd like to see more trailers like that one in the future(the Youtube ones never got me as psyched as this one did).

I was watching my Critic vs. Nerd video that I put together last night. I wonder if we'll see any more like that? *fingers crossed* AVGN vs. The Irate Gamer!
    Last edited by JohnnyBlaze; 07-31-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze View Post
    *fingers crossed* AVGN vs. The Irate Gamer!
    Why would you want to see that? It would be five minutes of the Irate gamer sitting there talking to the AVGN and trying to make himself seem really smart and important, and James being too polite to tell him how big of a douche he was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocade View Post
    Why would you want to see that? It would be five minutes of the Irate gamer sitting there talking to the AVGN and trying to make himself seem really smart and important, and James being too polite to tell him how big of a douche he was.
    I just wish the AVGN would punch that IrateWhore right in the kisser.
    DERP