Page 69 of 161 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 3203

Thread: The Official Angry Video Game Nerd Discussion Thread

  1. #1361
    Great Puma (Level 12) c0ldb33r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,980
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I don't usually like the AVGN videos with a lot of bullshit in them, I like them simple, but that looks pretty awesome

  2. #1362
    Strawberry (Level 2) emceelokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    590
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I like the variety. I just don't like it when there's a few episodes in a row where it's just a review. Maybe one big budget ep every 10 or so and a crazy flip out once every 4 epsiodes or so.

  3. #1363
    Strawberry (Level 2) guitargary75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    485
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    I don't usually like the AVGN videos with a lot of bullshit in them, I like them simple, but that looks pretty awesome
    I agree.

  4. #1364
    Strawberry (Level 2) Mason P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    428
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I like his hardware reviews. I wish he would do more of them.
    YouTube: MasonSushi---- http://www.youtube.com/user/masonsushi
    NintendoAge: MasonSushi
    Licensed NES- Complete....32X Complete
    N64- Complete....Master System (CIB)- 8 left
    TG-16 Hu - Complete

  5. #1365
    Peach (Level 3) JohnnyBlaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Elizabeth,NJ
    Posts
    640
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astrocade View Post
    Why would you want to see that? It would be five minutes of the Irate gamer sitting there talking to the AVGN and trying to make himself seem really smart and important, and James being too polite to tell him how big of a douche he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicwolf View Post
    I just wish the AVGN would punch that IrateWhore right in the kisser.
    ^That's why.

  6. #1366
    Peach (Level 3) HappehLemons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    636
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I don't think the Irategamer will ever do anything with the AVGN. He constantly fails to respond to anything that relates him with AVGN as if he didn't exist.

  7. #1367
    Crono (Level 14) Sonicwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Abbotsford, BC, Canada
    Posts
    6,610
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HappehLemons View Post
    I don't think the Irategamer will ever do anything with the AVGN. He constantly fails to respond to anything that relates him with AVGN as if he didn't exist.
    He swimming in his own ego. He acts like he is totally original and removes the people who think otherwise from his comments and such. According to him, he invented physics.
    DERP

  8. #1368
    Strawberry (Level 2) Pezcore343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nutley, New Jersey
    Posts
    448
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pezcore343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicwolf View Post
    He swimming in his own ego. He acts like he is totally original and removes the people who think otherwise from his comments and such. According to him, he invented physics.
    And the internet.

    Wait wrong guy...Seriously though, at least other reviewers acknowledge those they were inspired by.

  9. #1369
    Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Gameguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    7,217
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze View Post
    HOLY SHIT! I cannot wait for this one! It looks good and I'm psyched to watch it. If I'm not mistaken, isn't this the first time there's been a direct sequel to one of his reviews? I know the horror ones were just parts of a story, but this looks to be an honest to God sequel!
    What about his Ghostbusters reviews?

  10. #1370
    Crono (Level 14) Sonicwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Abbotsford, BC, Canada
    Posts
    6,610
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    What about his Ghostbusters reviews?
    And the CDi reviews. Ghostbusters had 2 sequels too.
    DERP

  11. #1371
    Strawberry (Level 2) Pezcore343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nutley, New Jersey
    Posts
    448
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pezcore343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicwolf View Post
    And the CDi reviews. Ghostbusters had 2 sequels too.
    I THINK he means that most 2 or 3 part episodes he considers just that, 2 or 3 parts to a single episode. And since this one was so long in between the two parts it's more like a sequel than just an extended episode broken into parts. I think.

  12. #1372
    Crono (Level 14) Sonicwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Abbotsford, BC, Canada
    Posts
    6,610
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pezcore343 View Post
    I THINK he means that most 2 or 3 part episodes he considers just that, 2 or 3 parts to a single episode. And since this one was so long in between the two parts it's more like a sequel than just an extended episode broken into parts. I think.
    Ghostbusters the second was considered a sequel because he decided to rereview the game he already did. He found more to complain about.
    DERP

  13. #1373
    Peach (Level 3) JohnnyBlaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Elizabeth,NJ
    Posts
    640
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pezcore343 View Post
    I THINK he means that most 2 or 3 part episodes he considers just that, 2 or 3 parts to a single episode. And since this one was so long in between the two parts it's more like a sequel than just an extended episode broken into parts. I think.
    Yes, I did mean that. Ghostbusters was a three parter. He reviewed all of them in three parts. The Ghostbusters for the NES was first, then Ghostbusters II, and then the other Ghostbuster games.

    Crazy Castle classifies as a sequel since it's been a long time between parts and he didn't said that there was a part 2, part 3, etc. Birthday Blowout was a single episode with no second part. This is also a sequel because Bugs Bunny comes back and is mad at what happened in Birthday Blowout. In essence, this is a direct sequel to the Birthday Blowout game.

  14. #1374
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Zap!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    2,380
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astrocade View Post
    Why would you want to see that? It would be five minutes of the Irate gamer sitting there talking to the AVGN and trying to make himself seem really smart and important, and James being too polite to tell him how big of a douche he was.
    How about a battle royale? I'd like to see The Happy Console Gamer come out on top.

  15. #1375
    Crono (Level 14) Sonicwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Abbotsford, BC, Canada
    Posts
    6,610
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

    Default

    I wouldnt want some staged horse crap between the AVGN and IrateWhore. I just want the AVGN to slam him bad.
    DERP

  16. #1376
    Peach (Level 3) JohnnyBlaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Elizabeth,NJ
    Posts
    640
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

    Default

    I just got done watching another of his videos about Crossfire. I had to make a new sig. I was laughing so hard at this, I cried.

    BTW, Motherfucker Mike is Mike Matei(Joker, Bugs Bunny, Jason Voorhees, etc). Nice to see him out of costume and on camera.

  17. #1377
    Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Gameguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    7,217
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicwolf View Post
    Ghostbusters the second was considered a sequel because he decided to rereview the game he already did. He found more to complain about.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze View Post
    Yes, I did mean that. Ghostbusters was a three parter. He reviewed all of them in three parts. The Ghostbusters for the NES was first, then Ghostbusters II, and then the other Ghostbuster games.

    Crazy Castle classifies as a sequel since it's been a long time between parts and he didn't said that there was a part 2, part 3, etc. Birthday Blowout was a single episode with no second part. This is also a sequel because Bugs Bunny comes back and is mad at what happened in Birthday Blowout. In essence, this is a direct sequel to the Birthday Blowout game.
    Sonicwolf is right, that's what I meant with Ghostbusters. He originally just did one video for Ghostbusters, but later made parts 2 and 3 to re-review the game and talk about other versions of it. He didn't plan on making 3 parts when he started with Ghostbusters. I really don't see how Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle would be a sequel to Birthday Blowout, they're different games that happen to have the same character.

    Plus, he did 2 separate reviews for Bible games for different years. That should be considered a sequel.

  18. #1378
    Insert Coin (Level 0) Bad Atom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I'm just surprised he's gonna bash Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle. It's actually a decent game.

  19. #1379
    Apple (Level 5) mezrabad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,159
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    I wish he showed us some of the gameplay with the gun instead of ending it, I'm kinda curious to see how it works.
    Demo of Prehistoric Safari for Maganavox Odyssey
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gajf3ouIbEk

    Yeah, AVGN is such a rip-off of me! Except... I'm not angry, I don't curse, I don't edit my video with slick effects or turds... okay, so he's not a rip-off of me, but I did put up an Odyssey video first.
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

  20. #1380
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    joshnickerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    2,919
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Atom View Post
    I'm just surprised he's gonna bash Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle. It's actually a decent game.
    He's bashed decent games before (Castlevania 2), but like all his reviews, it's just entertainment.

    DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Similar Threads

  1. The angry video game nerd @ too many games may 7-8
    By mindlesspunk77 in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 03:04 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 12:30 AM
  3. Angry Video Game Nerd
    By Chadmahn in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 08:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •