Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    He's bashed decent games before (Castlevania 2), but like all his reviews, it's just entertainment.
    Right, I think the guy really appreciates videogames but he has created this Angry Nerd persona because it's much more entertaining to watch someone rant, than to watch someone geek-out over how wonderful something is.

When he actually describes a particular game, he does a pretty good job of summing it up concisely and articulately. He doesn't bore anyone with too many details, but he definitely hits major points on everything. His Odyssey review (a system which which I am -very- familiar) did a good job of giving a good overview. He's a bit harsh, but I think that's part of the schtick.
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

He's bashed decent games before (Castlevania 2), but like all his reviews, it's just entertainment.
    I never considered that game decent. I was never more relieved than when 3 came out and did not repeat the horrors of the Simon's Quest design.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Silljo View Post
    I never considered that game decent. I was never more relieved than when 3 came out and did not repeat the horrors of the Simon's Quest design.
    What was with Simons quest anyways? I have yet to play it.
    DERP

Strawberry (Level 2) emceelokey's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He bashed Battletoads. That was probably the best game he actually bashed but he did say upfront that it was a good game but pointed out all the faults in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by emceelokey View Post
    He bashed Battletoads. That was probably the best game he actually bashed but he did say upfront that it was a good game but pointed out all the faults in it.
    Battletoads is great but he was right about the "ability to hit the second player" thing. It was an unexcusable fault in the game though. He should really review some excellent games and say what everyone else is afraid to say about them because of popular opinion. Some good games deserve some bashing now and then.
    DERP

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Atom View Post
    I'm just surprised he's gonna bash Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle. It's actually a decent game.
    I like the game too, I played through it from beginning to end and thought it was great. I like the sequels too, I actually like Crazy Castle 2 on Gameboy the most from what I played but I may be somewhat biased as that's the first Crazy Castle I played, back when I was a kid.

I believe that was the first Castlevania game I ever played, it was either that or the Castlevania Adventure for Gameboy. I never understood why people liked the series until I played other games from it. Everything he says about Castlevania 2 is true, I didn't like how it switched between day and night and how you had to collect items to play it. The good early games just had you going through a level killing enemies, you didn't need to collect a huge inventory of stuff to use at certain times to go through the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I believe that was the first Castlevania game I ever played, it was either that or the Castlevania Adventure for Gameboy. I never understood why people liked the series until I played other games from it. Everything he says about Castlevania 2 is true, I didn't like how it switched between day and night and how you had to collect items to play it. The good early games just had you going through a level killing enemies, you didn't need to collect a huge inventory of stuff to use at certain times to go through the game.
    The day to night and inventory stuff isnt what bothered me. I couldn't stand the blocks you fall through constantly that don't look any different from the regular blocks so you spend the entire game throwing holy water every step you take to make sure you don't fall. All the while looking for clues that are supposed to tell you what to do and where to go but are worded/translated so poorly as to not make a lick of sense. I'm willing to gamble that not a single person who played that game to the end did so legitamately (without help or guide). If that game didn't have the Castlevania name, it would be universally detested.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The day to night and inventory stuff isnt what bothered me. I couldn't stand the blocks you fall through constantly that don't look any different from the regular blocks so you spend the entire game throwing holy water every step you take to make sure you don't fall. All the while looking for clues that are supposed to tell you what to do and where to go but are worded/translated so poorly as to not make a lick of sense. I'm willing to gamble that not a single person who played that game to the end did so legitamately (without help or guide). If that game didn't have the Castlevania name, it would be universally detested.
    I definitely had to use a guide to figure out the ferry and the cliff.

I still have my original copy of Castlevania II. I was going through my old NES stuff and in the Castlevania II box I found a slip of paper with save codes on it, including the final save code to finish the game. The slip of paper has to be at least 20 years old. I broke out my NES and beat the game for old time sake (using the save code, natch).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I loved Castlevania 2, but I also liked the N64 Castlevania. So maybe I'm just an oddball when it comes to that series.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I noticed she left the game off her resume.
    Can't blame her. "Game" wouldn't even make it as a high school or college media project then and now except if the project was "make the worst thing you can think of".

Crazy Castle looks to be a great vid.
    Last edited by kainemaxwell; 08-03-2009 at 11:01 AM.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Strawberry (Level 2) guitargary75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitargary75 View Post
    My least favorite out of all his videos. He hardly even focused on the games he played at all.

Strawberry (Level 2) guitargary75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HappehLemons View Post
    My least favorite out of all his videos. He hardly even focused on the games he played at all.
    I agree. It was pretty lame. I'm sick of all the fake bullshit fighting!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm just surprised they made five fucking Crazy Castle games.

All I remember was two. When it got to the third one I was like "What? Okay".

When it got to the fourth I literally said out loud "Are you fucking serious?"

Honestly I don't think I was too surprised at a fifth one by that point.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitargary75 View Post
    Wow. I'm suprised by both the amazing amount of Crazy Castle games and the crazy much-more-than-usual amount of violence in this video. I liked how Kyle sorta hid in the corner until the nerd took his guitar lol. The ending was kinda weird. Now that the nerd's in hell I guess he can have a showdown with the Irate Gamer?
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He reviewed 5 different crazy castle games. They're all basically the same exact game. What more can you say about Bugs Bunny's crazy castle that wasn't said. It's nice to see a change of pace since all his videos this year have been nothing but him talking about the games without much else going on. Except maybe the Jaguar video with the cat. If all he did was talk about the game, with nothing else going on it would be pretty damn boring. And this is nothing new btw. He was doing this long long ago starting with the Jason video. Every once in a while he likes to bring in a new element to keep it from getting stale. This video was quite funny, a breath of fresh air and a great tribute to Looney Tunes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

I actually liked it and could put it as one of my favorites. You have to remember that this episode wasn't really about the games, it was about the conflict between him and Bugs. Look at the video from a story standpoint and you'll see what I mean. I couldn't stop laughing and it's been a long time since one of his AVGN videos did this. A true masterpiece worth waiting for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also liked this episode alot. I was shocked to find out there was more than one Crazy Castle though, especially a fifth one starring Woody.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elvis8atari View Post
    He reviewed 5 different crazy castle games. They're all basically the same exact game. What more can you say about Bugs Bunny's crazy castle that wasn't said. It's nice to see a change of pace since all his videos this year have been nothing but him talking about the games without much else going on. Except maybe the Jaguar video with the cat. If all he did was talk about the game, with nothing else going on it would be pretty damn boring. And this is nothing new btw. He was doing this long long ago starting with the Jason video. Every once in a while he likes to bring in a new element to keep it from getting stale. This video was quite funny, a breath of fresh air and a great tribute to Looney Tunes.
    You're right. He really said everything he could about the games. I think he should of used more games, or made the video shorter.

I know he's the "Angry Video Game Nerd" but lately he's been doing very in depth reviews on the games he plays pointing out almost every flaw in them and I've been enjoying that a lot. He took it to a complete 180 in this one and spent only 1/3 of the time talking and playing the game itself and the other 2/3s fighting (I actually timed it, I was curious ). I don't think he's ever spent so little time on the games he was reviewing.

Call me crazy but I like his other videos where he talks about the game and doesn't just put on cheesy little skits. I do like the skits though and I don't mind when he has them along with his reviews, it really makes him fun to watch but he almost only focused on his skit in this one. By the end I was really tired of watching him fight.

I actually liked it and could put it as one of my favorites. You have to remember that this episode wasn't really about the games, it was about the conflict between him and Bugs. Look at the video from a story standpoint and you'll see what I mean. I couldn't stop laughing and it's been a long time since one of his AVGN videos did this. A true masterpiece worth waiting for.
    Yeh, I'm sure some people did enjoy it but I don't really have a taste for that kind of humor. I never found the story/skits funny as I always looked at them as small intermission from one game to the next. I've watched a lot of his other stuff (His short films, and his other series like the bullshit and the board game mini series).

I can never really appreciate James style of acting since I've always found his humor so simple.
    What I do like to see his point of view on things and how he analyzes everything. I find it truly interesting how he sees things, and he really has a talent for breaking things down and talking about them in a fun way. He didn't really do that in this episode and that's why I had trouble enjoying it.

I did find some parts funny and I like to see Kyle in his skits, I think it's really fun to watch him act. But overall I like it when he actually reviews games better.
    Last edited by HappehLemons; 08-06-2009 at 06:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I ed at the rabbit pellets.