Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Are we even sure Epyx did the NES port? I mean, maybe they didn't. There were lots of companies who did ports like those back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Are we even sure Epyx did the NES port? I mean, maybe they didn't. There were lots of companies who did ports like those back then.
    Of Winter Games? The title screen on boot-up says "Winter Games - By Epyx."
    Settle down, raise a family, join the PTA
    Buy some sensible shoes and a Chevrolet
    And party 'till you're broke and they drag you away
    It's okay, you can dare to be stupid

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another person that would wish he'd stop destroying games (I know he doesn't do it often). I found myself triyng to find excuses like "he printed out a label and put it on a duck hunt" etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vivaeljason View Post
    Of Winter Games? The title screen on boot-up says "Winter Games - By Epyx."
    The NES version was done by Atelier Double for Pony (later Pony Canyon). It was originally released for the Famicom Disk System in Japan.

Even the original C64 version wasn't by Epyx; it was by Action Graphics (Incredible Technologies was started by former staff after that company folded.).

The worst parts of any Epyx Games game are generally those involving running (I'll throw speed skating in there.) or swimming (but not diving). I eventually kinda figured out figure skating on Winter Games on my C64DTV.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CYRiX View Post
    Another person that would wish he'd stop destroying games (I know he doesn't do it often). I found myself triyng to find excuses like "he printed out a label and put it on a duck hunt" etc.
    It was probably a 1 cent copy of duckhunt made to look like winter games.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by elvis8atari View Post
    It was probably a 1 cent copy of duckhunt made to look like winter games.
    What does it matter? I'm fairly certain winter games is a one cent titles as it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd not worry as much about him destroying a common NES cart. It's just stuff. And if you're that worried, people do a lot worse to video game hardware all the time, like throwing out someone's entire collection of games and console from the 70s.

(Thankfully this hasn't happened to me.)
    "I've not seen such bravery!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember my parents rented Winter Games for me once when I was like 7 years old. I couldn't believe how bad it was, that was one of the worst weekends ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CYRiX View Post
    I like the Nerd, so I'm not gonna stop watching him, nor am I "worried" about him destroying games. I just wish he wouldn't. So sue me, I hate destruction of anything gaming related (including throwing out video games), and I'm not gonna change.

I'll dwell on the positives. If I like 95% of his video, it's a success to me.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
    I like the Nerd, so I'm not gonna stop watching him, nor am I "worried" about him destroying games. I just wish he wouldn't. So sue me, I hate destruction of anything gaming related (including throwing out video games), and I'm not gonna change.

I know how you feel, I cringe everytime he destroys a game, but I still like his movies.
    Last edited by Urzu402; 12-29-2009 at 02:19 PM.
    What's up with islands? Get more land.
    What's up with deserts? Get less sand.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zap! View Post

Don't get me wrong I love the nerd, and will watch every video he makes.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    x Just Scott x

There's no way I'm going to read 44 pages of posts, so the points I'm about to make may have already been said.

I like the AVGN, for the most part. It would be great if the swearing was toned down, most of the time it's extremely overdone. When he swears less, and only swears at key moments, it's a lot more effective, and funny.

My only other real criticism for him is as time progressed, he got out of control with gimmicks, people dressed up in costumes and fighting, all kinds of crazy stuff. Not once did I find any of that funny. He's funniest when he's just reviewing a crappy game and saying funny stuff about it. It looks like he may be calming down with this, his last few reviews didn't do any of that. The Castlevania reviews didn't have any of it and they were some of his best ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You'll notice that he did not destroy Little Red Hood or any of those crappy CD-I Zelda games. He may be melting some carts but they are always common crap you'd find next to SMB/DH.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scottw182 View Post
    The Castlevania reviews didn't have any of it and they were some of his best ever.
    He's most out of character when he panders to people wanting him to do toned down reviews.

Oh. Screw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosage View Post
    He makes Internet videos about his opinions on video games while he takes a shit on a guy in a Bugs Bunny costume.

-Sosage

WTF is a Dim-Mac?!?!?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    x Just Scott x

Quote Originally Posted by Sosage View Post
    He's most out of character when he panders to people wanting him to do toned down reviews.

Oh. Screw it.
    The original nerd didn't do all these costumes and crap, he sat there and reviewed games and ranted. It wasn't until late 2007 that he started incorporating stuff like that into SOME of the reviews, then it really took off in 2008.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The original nerd didn't do all these costumes and crap, he sat there and reviewed games and ranted. It wasn't until late 2007 that he started incorporating stuff like that into SOME of the reviews, then it really took off in 2008.
    You are 100% wrong. October 20th 2006
    Friday the 13th. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1raUvGNbZFg

AVGN has been doing costumed characters right from the start. Since 2006.

On top of that, the AVGN himself is a costumed character. He plays the part of a nerd and wears a sterotypcial nerd outfit.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    x Just Scott x

Quote Originally Posted by elvis8atari View Post
    You are 100% wrong. October 20th 2006
    Friday the 13th. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1raUvGNbZFg

AVGN has been doing costumed characters right from the start. Since 2006.

On top of that, the AVGN himself is a costumed character. He plays the part of a nerd and wears a sterotypcial nerd outfit.
    Not 100% wrong, I just overlooked that and Nightmare on Elm St when looking through his list of videos. He had 12 "regular" reviews before those 2, then another 11 "regular" reviews before his next costumed character, Spiderman (unless I'm overlooking something. So 2 out of 25 videos makes me "100% wrong"? No, my point still stands that his main focus earlier on was just sitting there and reviewing. As time as passed, however, he's incorporated the costumes and mini movies more and more.

Insert Coin (Level 0) bgreenlee's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not 100% wrong, I just overlooked that and Nightmare on Elm St when looking through his list of videos. He had 12 "regular" reviews before those 2, then another 11 "regular" reviews before his next costumed character, Spiderman (unless I'm overlooking something. So 2 out of 25 videos makes me "100% wrong"? No, my point still stands that his main focus earlier on was just sitting there and reviewing. As time as passed, however, he's incorporated the costumes and mini movies more and more.
    Keep in mind, he's a video producer/director first and a game reviewer second. If you follow his http://cinemassacre.com/ blog, you'll see his love of cinema from way before AVGN came about. He's obviously in love with the movie production process and eventually AVGN has taken on this tone as well.

Granted, I usually don't enjoy all of the extra antics as much as the straight witty reviews, this is his thing and I certainly don't mind him doing it in the way that's most interesting to him. Either way, doing these is no small amount of work-

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    x Just Scott x

Quote Originally Posted by bgreenlee View Post
    Keep in mind, he's a video producer/director first and a game reviewer second. If you follow his http://cinemassacre.com/ blog, you'll see his love of cinema from way before AVGN came about. He's obviously in love with the movie production process and eventually AVGN has taken on this tone as well.

Granted, I usually don't enjoy all of the extra antics as much as the straight witty reviews, this is his thing and I certainly don't mind him doing it in the way that's most interesting to him. Either way, doing these is no small amount of work-
    You make some good points, and he his free to do whatever he wants, so, if that's his main passion, of course he's going to incorporate it more and more. I guess I just prefer his reviews. I don't always mind the characters, sometimes they're done well, like the Friday the 13th episode and Nightmare on Elm Street (I guess that's why I overlooked them previously). It's mainly the ridiculous fighting that I don't like, which he seemed to be moving more towards, but maybe it was just a phase.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i hope he plays stadium events and throws the cart into a blender

i just want to see the DP reaction to that
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?