hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/official/svc/svc_top.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Whoa. What crack did they pull Tabasa out of? Sheeeeeeit.

I do like the new art style though. Although I liked Ryo better when he had eyes.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Tabasa was last seen in Gem Fighter (Pocket Fighter). Is that where she's from? Not sure.

dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Choi is the best character in the universe. Good thing they put him in there.

I doubt this is the whole roster though. I mean, no Darkstalkers characters, no Last Blade characters, and no Dan (A joke that Playmore couldn't ignore).
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The style looks awesome. I love it.

Tabasa is definitely a weird choice, so maybe they will add some more of the uncommon characters in (Darkstalkers especially). You know Capcom's approach to their video games--let's recycle the character animation from the last twelve game instead of drawing some new ones.

I can't wait to see some screenshots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tabasa, known as Tessa in the West, hails from a little-seen 1997 Capcom arcade fighter called Warzard/Red Earth. Sadly, I don't think it's been emulated yet.

I'm always glad to see semi-obscure Capcom or SNK characters brought up in fighters, so I think Tessa's a great addition to the game's roster. I wish they'd pull some cast members from Battle Circuit, Cyberbots, or Tech Romancer, even if those would be too over-the-top for a "serious" fighter.
    Kidfenris.com: Never Updated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Ooooh! If I can play as Shiki & Nakoruru at the same time, I'll be set for life. I'm still waiting to see what she looks like in 2D form, and Gal Fighter, does not count.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not entirely convinced that this will be a tournament fighting game. After reading about the game I got this vibe that it's going to be more like Final Fight.

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

I'm seeing this as being a fighter. I'm gonna guess that they didn't want comparisons to CVS and KOF because both of those have teams fighting, tournament style storylines, and rather complex gameplay options.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    Infinite Lives

Pac-Man (Level 10) Arqueologia_Digital's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gouki rulez!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm starting to warm up to the fugly new art style. That Dhalsim is pretty hardcore.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the new art style, and I rally the cry for more variation in the fighters. My biggest problem with CvS and CvS2 was that it felt like "Street Fighter vs. King of Fighters". i mean, come on......two samurai showdown characters, one last blade character, one darkstalkers character, and one random guy from rival schools? I know they can do better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As he chants...NEO, NEO, NEO, NEO...
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Is this yet another "one-on-one" fighter game? How long has that genre been around? Even the "King of Arcade Games," Pac-Man, and maze-type games in general, only lasted several years, really. Why are those fighters still around?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aswald
    Is this yet another "one-on-one" fighter game? How long has that genre been around? Even the "King of Arcade Games," Pac-Man, and maze-type games in general, only lasted several years, really. Why are those fighters still around?
    It's all about competition, man Sure you can try to challenge someone's high score in pac-man but its not quite the same as physically destroying your opponent onscreen and then doing the same to the next unlucky bum who feels he's king of the hill

Right now, I'm not at all thrileld with the rosters, though I do like the inclusion of Shiki (she ruled in SS2! for the NGPC). I do however, credit Playmore for tossing in Earthquake, Hugo, and Tabasa, some lesser known characters. Capcom's side, in particular, sucks ass. Ryi, Ken, and Akuma (maybe he shouldve been a hidden boss)? Thats a lil shoto overkill. And Guile has been a joke of his former self since Capcom altered his spinning backfist, taking away some really lethal combos from the early SF2 games.

Characters that i wanna see: Andy, Duck King, Strider, Galford, Rock, Geese, Haggar and Guy.
    http://www.2d-x.com
    The best 2D and 2.5D video games.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubnb
    Right now, I'm not at all thrileld with the rosters, though I do like the inclusion of Shiki (she ruled in SS2! for the NGPC). I do however, credit Playmore for tossing in Earthquake, Hugo, and Tabasa, some lesser known characters. Capcom's side, in particular, sucks ass. Ryi, Ken, and Akuma (maybe he shouldve been a hidden boss)? Thats a lil shoto overkill. And Guile has been a joke of his former self since Capcom altered his spinning backfist, taking away some really lethal combos from the early SF2 games.
    I'm very glad Akuma is the game, I could actually do without Ken and Ryu. And I have to disagree with about Guile, at least in CvS2. I do lots of damage with Guile, and I still feel he is a very strong character, tough to play against. He does need one more special move though.

And Aswald, why are fighting game still around? That has to be the dumbest question I've ever heard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Aswald

I'd attest it to having a following that's large enough to warrant the continued production of fighters. Some of the hardcore players are rabid, let me tell you. Jay hit it right on the money though-people like to beat the crap out of other people.

Guile was the 2nd best character in Capcom Vs SNK 1. He was one of the few characters that didn't get royally owned by Nakoruru. The only other way to fight her was to pick 4 ratio 1s, and wear her down(cammy was really good for that, if she had super meter). In CvS2 Guile was toned down, but he by no means sucks. Of course, in comparison to his SF2 World Warrior domination, he sucks in every game
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    Infinite Lives

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone know if Akuma is Ryu's father, the Street Fighter Alpha anime kind of hinted at it, and there is an Evil Ryu, hmmmmmm I smell a kin relationship, well if anyone knows this for fact please post a reply
    Games, games and more games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So far I want to play every character. I'll probably start with the new characters first. Hugo is going to be a god in this game though, I can tell. Think Goro....justs think Goro, especially if they allow hit-grab combos into the fighting system.
    Only Heroes Live Forever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It's just that Street Fighter 2 came out right around 1990. That was 13 years ago. The sequel, which allowed you to play any character (e.g. Ryu vs. Ryu) made it different enough, as now two "identical" characters could fight, but- then what?
    Mortal Kombat. Killer Instinct. Time Killers. Dark Stalkers. Etc. Endless sequels, endless variations, but they all essentially played the same. Remeber the fuss people made in the days of Pac-Man about "all those Pac-Man clones?" Was Mortal Kombat's (what's with the spelling?) "Fatalaities" and "Babe-alities" that significant? Where was the innovation and variety you saw in the previous decades?

The entire 1990s was dominated, in large part, by these games (singular?). The 1980s, and even the 1970s, as far as technology allowed back then, tried many different genres. What was so different about the 1990s? Television, video games, cartoons, etc...it all started to look pretty much the same (compare Star Trek: TNG, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager with each other and then with the original Star Trek). Even many of the "new" movies, video games, and television programs could be dumped right back in 1996, and it would be difficult to tell the difference, beyond somewhat better cosmetics. It's ironic that the previous decades, with less powerful technology, offered more variety.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you walked into an arcade in 1982, and did so again in 1986, it would be quite different because of those 4 years. But, throughout the 1990s up to today, there wasn't that much difference, except for the obvious ones in technology, which only allowed "more of the same." Is the fact that a character can spill 2 gallons of blood more realistically really a difference?