Thread: GTA: San Andreas Question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dylan021706

Default GTA: San Andreas Question

How can you tell if you have the "Hot Coffee" version for the Xbox? Thanks!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They put Second Edition on the cover when they had to re-release it.

BTW, are these actually worth anything anymore? I know I have the Xbox and PC versions and need some money right now.
    Last edited by ZackyH; 03-02-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dylan021706

I`ve seen some auctions on ebay doing "buy it now" for $50+, but I don`t think it`s worth even close to that. There were quite a few produced. Are you sure there isn`t a different rating for each version? I thought they changed the rating. I don`t recall ever seeing a label variation other than the Platinum Hits.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dylan0228 View Post
    I`ve seen some auctions on ebay doing "buy it now" for $50+, but I don`t think it`s worth even close to that. There were quite a few produced. Are you sure there isn`t a different rating for each version? I thought they changed the rating. I don`t recall ever seeing a label variation other than the Platinum Hits.
    Yeah, on the Hits versions of the game it has this Second Edition on there. On the PS2 version it has it in gold at the top. On the Xbox version it has it in small letters near the bottom of the box.

So pretty much there's a Hot Coffee PS2 version, a non-Hot Coffee Greatest Hits version, a non-Hot Coffee version that says Special Edition.

On Xbox there's a Hot Coffee version, a non-Hot coffee version with Second Edition on it, and a Platinum Hits version Second Edition.

With the regular versions EB decided to put an AO sticker on them for awhile and still sell them but eventually I think they caved and took them off the shelves.
    Last edited by ZackyH; 03-02-2008 at 06:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by ZackyH View Post
    Yeah, on the Hits versions of the game it has this Second Edition on there. On the PS2 version it has it in gold at the top. On the Xbox version it has it in small letters near the bottom of the box.

So pretty much there's a Hot Coffee PS2 version, a Hot Coffee Greatest Hits version, a non-Hot Coffee Greatest Hits version that says Second Edition.
    There's also a regular release PS2 "non-Hot Coffee" version. It doesn't mention anywhere on the packaging that it's the 2nd edition or have gold at the top. That's what I have.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    There's also a regular release PS2 "non-Hot Coffee" version. It doesn't mention anywhere on the packaging that it's the 2nd edition or have gold at the top. That's what I have.
    Well, it's possible that the original GH version had hot coffee removed but I was pretty sure it reached GH status and got released before they found out about it. I could be mistaken, though.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ZackyH, are you talking about xbox verison, or ps2 version?

For the ps2 version, only 1 version of GTA:SA, has hot coffee available in it, the original. The greatest hits, and Special Edition do not have it. For the second edtion your talking about, you mean special edtion right? There is also a forth verison of the game, its in the Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy set.
    The special edition came out before the GH edition, everybody knows the special edition doesn't have hot coffee in it, so there is no way the GH edition would have it.

If your talking about the xbox version, i know nothing about those versions.
    Last edited by bcks007; 03-02-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    ZackyH, are you talking about xbox verison, or ps2 version?

For the ps2 version, only 1 version of GTA:SA, has hot coffee available in it, the original. The greatest hits, and Special Edition do not have it. For the second edtion your talking about, you mean special edtion right? There is also a forth verison of the game, its in the Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy set.
    The special edition came out before the GH edition, everybody knows the special edition doesn't have hot coffee in it, so there is no way the GH edition would have it.

If your talking about the xbox version, i know nothing about those versions.
    Nah, it actually has Second Edition on the Xbox and PC versions. I thought there was a GH PS2 that had Second Edition written at the bottom too. These are the versions they put back on shelves to replace the offending copies before the Xbox sold enough to make it a Platinum Hits game:

PC Version

Xbox version

Those were the best pictures I saw. I have the original versions for PC, PS2, and Xbox so I can't really do any scans of the other versions.
    Last edited by ZackyH; 03-02-2008 at 06:30 PM.