Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: RetroDuo NES/SNES Clone Official Thread. Castlevania III, StarFox WORK, SMRPG WARNING

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    arthurotaku

Nice looking but crap

XBL: ArthurOtaku
    PSN: Arthur-Otaku

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-Otaku View Post
    Nice looking but crap
    Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

Yes. Even you.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Apollo and I were about a minute away from completing a speed-run on River City Ransom on the Retro Duo at NAVA on Saturday ...

... admittedly in 2 player mode the game seemed to run a BIT on the slow side, but absolutely nothing that took away from the overall experience of that game ... in fact I hadn't done a 2 player run through in YEARS and everything worked pretty flawlessly from start to finish ... in fact neither of us had died more than once, and we were right about the fight the Double Dragon Twins when the NES World Championship started and Joe had to shut down the Duo.

"And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It would be funny if I had one of those Super Mario RPG 1.0 mexcani carts\
    yet I have no need for a RD.

I'm trying to decide whether to get a modded SNES or another RD
    you don't have to Mod your Euro Super Famicom. Just get a converter that allows import play of NTSC games. Also a RD is not for people who want a real SNES but people who want to be able to play a SNES but is not willing to go to that extreme of finding one.

1.) It's old-school Famiclone tech, so, no Castlevania III or any other incompatible games.
    That is not old-school in anyway at all. If your good at soildering and reading pin-outs you can make your NES able to perform feats of loops like a famicom.

There is other NES players prior to this that can play all NES games. Also I can see you are playing a NES game. This is not the same as a regular famiclone.

2.) Backwards NES button syndrome!
    I for one prefer the buttons the other way around.

3.) No AC output. Modern portable devices can usually get by for a good long while on batteries, but I'd like an option.
    You got what you paid for.

Retro Duo
    The colors of the red one looks like Digital Press which would be kinda funny if it was a product of DP. Other then that there is nothing Retro About that aside for the name.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On the subject of Mario RPG...

I recently "acquired" my friend's massive SNES collection. He's off to Washington State for college, and I'm stuck here in Florida, so I'm keeping it all safe from his mom's garage sale.

At any rate, his Mario RPG is Mexican. We tested nearly everything, but Mario RPG was the only thing that didn't boot. This may mean that there are no rules to what we thought, but I need to boot it on my real hardware to be sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Harkunan View Post
    It would be funny if I had one of those Super Mario RPG 1.0 mexcani carts\
    yet I have no need for a RD.

you don't have to Mod your Euro Super Famicom. Just get a converter that allows import play of NTSC games. Also a RD is not for people who want a real SNES but people who want to be able to play a SNES but is not willing to go to that extreme of finding one.

That is not old-school in anyway at all. If your good at soildering and reading pin-outs you can make your NES able to perform feats of loops like a famicom.

There is other NES players prior to this that can play all NES games. Also I can see you are playing a NES game. This is not the same as a regular famiclone.

I for one prefer the buttons the other way around.

You got what you paid for.

The colors of the red one looks like Digital Press which would be kinda funny if it was a product of DP. Other then that there is nothing Retro About that aside for the name.
    It appears that you're VERY confused ... or cross-multi-quoting my review of the FC Mobile out of context to make it seem like I'm saying negative/incorrect things about the Retro Duo.

Please be aware that everything that you've quoted other than "Retro Duo" is NOT about the Retro Duo, regardless of whether or not it resides in this thread.

Also, I'm no Herbert expert, but isn't the correct spelling H-A-R-K-O-N-E-N?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please be aware that everything that you've quoted other than "Retro Duo" is NOT about the Retro Duo
    IN translation you want me to put your name under the quote which I am not going to do since you already know that I am responding to your commet. If I was directly commenting you it needs not your name but your words.

The so called RD dispite it's name is that of the device you are showing?

I was not replying that you are being negative towards the subject at matter but your post in terms of "your post". About your pocket-NES product it has been known there is varioations in variations of that same product. Some I start to see in malls now and agian.

Also, I'm no Herbert expert, but isn't the correct spelling H-A-R-K-O-N-E-N?
    That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.
    Last edited by Harkunan; 06-03-2008 at 08:16 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) lovablechevy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Harkunan View Post
    IN translation you want me to put your name under the quote which I am not going to do since you already know that I am responding to your commet. If I was directly commenting you it needs not your name but your words.

The so called RD dispite it's name is that of the device you are showing?

I was not replying that you are being negative towards the subject at matter but your post in terms of "your post". About your pocket-NES product it has been known there is varioations in variations of that same product. Some I start to see in malls now and agian.
    what he meant is that you were confusing two different entries. this is the retro duo thread, but all of those quotes were taken from a post he made about the fc mobile. completely different than the retro duo. the retro duo is a console for nes and snes games. the fc mobile is a portable nes system. two entirely different things. and you made it sound like they were one in the same thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Apollo and I were about a minute away from completing a speed-run on River City Ransom on the Retro Duo at NAVA on Saturday ...

... admittedly in 2 player mode the game seemed to run a BIT on the slow side, but absolutely nothing that took away from the overall experience of that game ... in fact I hadn't done a 2 player run through in YEARS and everything worked pretty flawlessly from start to finish ... in fact neither of us had died more than once, and we were right about the fight the Double Dragon Twins when the NES World Championship started and Joe had to shut down the Duo.

I remember the 2 player lag on the RD at the event. The game was still playable but man it's a race to get the first Dragon Kick book! I forgot all the time I spent on getting the cash for all the moves.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gato View Post
    Hello all.
    I'm a new owner of a white retroduo, and I've tried to make an RGB mod.
    Using the KA2198BD pdf, I plugged the R, G B lines, with 3 capacitors & resistors, to a snes multiAV connector (with +5V and GND), according to this pinout. But, I don't get any output in SNES mode (neither in NES mode, but I know why). Anyone has been able to perform such mode?
    I haven't done the mod (don't have an RGB monitor at the moment), but you do also have to have composite sync in there. It looks like the chip doesn't have a dedicated composite sync out, but some monitors will accept sync from a composite video signal. Otherwise try a sync separator such as an LM1881 (composite video ->LM1881->composite sync output to connector)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Possible compatibility issues

I've had my Duo for about three weeks and I've found problems with Lagoon for the SNES and Legend of the Mystical Ninja for the SNES. Neither game will boot for me. I haven't tried these games on original hardware so I can't say for certain that they're not compatible.

Can anyone confirm these games as working on the Duo?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by 16bitter View Post
    I've had my Duo for about three weeks and I've found problems with Lagoon for the SNES and Legend of the Mystical Ninja for the SNES. Neither game will boot for me. I haven't tried these games on original hardware so I can't say for certain that they're not compatible.

Can anyone confirm these games as working on the Duo?
    You're not the first to report Legend of the Mystical Ninja ... I'll add it to the list.

Anybody else have Lagoon to test?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, I've had my Duo for a few weeks and have been having a great time buying all of my favorite old games. I've run into two game that haven't worked. Super Castlevania 4 for SNES and F-Zero for SNES. Anyone else have problems with these or are the games I bought just bad games? I really love these games and want to be able to play them. Please let me know. Thank you.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGamer625 View Post
    OK, I've had my Duo for a few weeks and have been having a great time buying all of my favorite old games. I've run into two game that haven't worked. Super Castlevania 4 for SNES and F-Zero for SNES. Anyone else have problems with these or are the games I bought just bad games? I really love these games and want to be able to play them. Please let me know. Thank you.
    Castlevania seemed to work for me, but I've never played it on real hardware. I don't THINK I have F-Zero.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    Castlevania seemed to work for me, but I've never played it on real hardware. I don't THINK I have F-Zero.
    Both games, Castlevania 4 and F-Zero just give me a black screen. I heard that when a game doesn't work on the system, that's what happens, just a black screen. Anyone else try Castlevania 4 and F-Zero. Some more feedback is appreciated.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, they are compatible.....I have both (SNES) "F-zero" and "Lagoon" games.....And they work fine in my Retro Duo's systems....But I think,that if you have the changed internal crystal issue like I decribed before, some games may not boot......
    Last edited by ooXxXoo; 06-17-2008 at 08:13 AM.
    §ø Ï ζ Ξ Δ φ Ψ ς ώ ☆ ¿ ∞ ♪ ξ

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ooXxXoo View Post
    Yes, they are compatible.....I have both (SNES) "F-zero" and "Lagoon" games.....And they work fine in my Retro Duo's systems....But I think,that if you have the changed internal crystal issue like I decribed before, some games may not boot......
    Glad I didn't...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it may be the Carts. Late last night I got F-Zero to boot, but it only worked once. When I took it out and re-inserted it, it wouldn't boot again. Seems like a problem with the connectors. Also with Castlevania 4, i shook the Cart a bit while inserted and a scrambled game screen appeared. So it seems they are able to boot, but aren't getting proper contact. I tried cleaning the pins of the Carts but it didn't work. Does anyone think that it could just be the Carts? If so, I will simply exchange them for different ones. Again, thank you for your time and help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDrive20XX View Post
    I can't wait to buy one, I just need to find out if MegaMan X2 or X3 works on it. Impressive that Stunt Race FX works however
    just got mine today, megaman x-2 works fine... cant seem to get my NES game genie to work on it though >:/ i think its an issue with the PCB thickness or some crap like that cause i got it to show up for like half a second when i was fiddling around with it (all my other NES carts work so i doubt its the slot)
    meow :3

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The NES "Game Genie" does work with the Retro Duo system, although it requires a good inserting push to get in there.....

BTW, for those that were wondering, the SNES game "THE LEGEND OF THE MYSTICAL NINJA" does work with the RDuo.....But it takes a couple of seconds for the "KONAMI" screen game logo to appear.....Many KONAMI games among others, do the same thing in the Original Super nintendo system....This is normal......keep this in mind!...
    §ø Ï ζ Ξ Δ φ Ψ ς ώ ☆ ¿ ∞ ♪ ξ