Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: RetroDuo NES/SNES Clone Official Thread. Castlevania III, StarFox WORK, SMRPG WARNING

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I forgot to add that my unit came in slightly different packaging than what's posted in the beginning of the thread, and the NES slot in my unit seems ridiculously tight.
    I have seen some Retro Duos that have "Ver. 2" printed on the box. Does yours happen to have this?

While on the subject, does ANYONE know what the differences are between the Retro Duo and the Retro Duo Ver. 2? I was going to buy one but now that there are 2 versions I want to make I know what I'm buying.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The "ver 2.0" is, to my knowledge, referring to the type of famiclone that it is. I've had mine for a while now, and that's on my box.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to have some pictures of the inside of a newer unit. The boards have manufacture dates on them, so we could tell when a revision was made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mine is a V2.0 but I don't have any idea what the difference is.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that a better way of putting it would be that v1.0 is the FC Twin.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    I think that a better way of putting it would be that v1.0 is the FC Twin.
    No no, the FC Twin is the standard Yobo NES clone hardware, Retro Duo is a different clone hardware architechture it can play Castlevania III.

The Retro Duo V1 (the one I have) plays CVIII fine.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'm not sure if I was clear in my original question. I have seen some Retro Duo boxes that have Ver.2 printed on them like the one below. I believe I have ALSO seen some Retro Duo boxes that DO NOT have Ver. 2 written on them.

This means that there are TWO different versions of the Retro Duo. I am assuming the 2.0 is a revision of sorts, but I was wondering what changes, if any, were known.

If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As I stated earlier on this thread, by now, I have taken apart at least 5 Retro Duo systems before...I've seen 3 different motherboard revisions, and by this I mean the same layout but different IC's.....At one point, one of them did in fact had a slower crystal, therefore the SNES side games did played at a slower rate...

Not sure, but maybe this have to do something with the 2.0 label....
    §ø Ï ζ Ξ Δ φ Ψ ς ώ ☆ ¿ ∞ ♪ ξ

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello guys,

Just bought one of these last week and I'm already having some issues with the NES slot. It seems that the snug fit of some of my NES cartridges are causing the pins on the cartridge connector to be bent. (I'll post a picture within the hour) Any suggestions on fixing this problem? Can the 72 connector on the retro duo even be replaced for that matter?

I already moved them back into place CAREFULLY using a small screwdriver but that seems to be only a temp fix. After moving them back into place all games ran fine until the same cartridge caused the pins to bend a bit again. (Air Fortress)
    Last edited by Canuck; 12-30-2008 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Storm View Post
    I'm not sure if I was clear in my original question. I have seen some Retro Duo boxes that have Ver.2 printed on them like the one below. I believe I have ALSO seen some Retro Duo boxes that DO NOT have Ver. 2 written on them.

This means that there are TWO different versions of the Retro Duo. I am assuming the 2.0 is a revision of sorts, but I was wondering what changes, if any, were known.

Well, obviously it has POWER SWITCH V2.0.
    That's a pretty big upgrade in and of itself.
    In all seriousness, though, mine says V2.0 and the box art is different than what you posted.
    It just has a straight on shot of the console.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is anyone having Retro Duo NES side sound issues?....I have found a quick fix for this...I'll post full info later....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Well, obviously it has POWER SWITCH V2.0.
    That's a pretty big upgrade in and of itself.
    HAHA! Damn that made me laugh, I can't believe that I overlooked that defining feature.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Retro Duo NES side Sound FIX

For those that are having sound issues with the NES portion of of the Retro Duo(scratchy sound+missing a few effects), here's a quick easy fix:

Good games to test this mod are Super Mario Bros.3 and Ninja Gaiden(play these for a few minutes so you'll notice the difference)...
    Unplug from the Power outlet and Turn on and off the Retro Duo for a few seconds before doing anything else, so you'll get rid off any remaining current left....After completely carefully taking apart the RD motherboard from the shell, look at the back side of the NES portion(near the AV Jacks and closest to the NOAC)..Please ignore the gray ribbon wires, they belong to another mod...

Look directly at the NOAC and right above it between the NOAC traces,you'll see the words "rest" and "sound" written near the actual NOAC..There is a solder spot right under the word sound(This word is going to be found nearest to the Red RCA jack)

Get yourself a 0.1uf ceramic capacitor (104)...Add a bit of solder to this point under the word "sound" and attach a leg of the ceramic cap there....The other leg should be connected to the ground side of the White Rca Jack connector...(as show in these pics)..

Make sure to shield this new cap legs connections or you may experience a bit of ghosty lines on the video, not a huge problem though.....

After this, your NES games will sound just fine.....This worked great for me...And if anyone tries this, let me know if it worked for you..
    Last edited by ooXxXoo; 12-31-2008 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's a great mod but what gets me is why can't the people who make these things do a proper job in the first place

Yakumo
    Love the world of NTSC-J Sega?
    http://www.segagagadomain.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

In the earlier days of this thread, I asked if Top Gear 3000 worked with the Retro Duo. I don't know why I didn't try it myself, but I was bored last night and finally got around to testing it, and Top Gear 3000 worked perfectly.

The SuperNes compatibility of this thing impresses me, I didn't think there was much of a chance of it working with the DSP-4, a chip used only in one cartridge that was only fairly recently emulated.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    Hello guys,

Just bought one of these last week and I'm already having some issues with the NES slot. It seems that the snug fit of some of my NES cartridges are causing the pins on the cartridge connector to be bent. (I'll post a picture within the hour) Any suggestions on fixing this problem? Can the 72 connector on the retro duo even be replaced for that matter?

I already moved them back into place CAREFULLY using a small screwdriver but that seems to be only a temp fix. After moving them back into place all games ran fine until the same cartridge caused the pins to bend a bit again. (Air Fortress)
    I had the same problem, except it was one pin and the game was Abadox. I bent it back into place and everything is fine.

I would recommend using a Game Genie when using carts that are hard to remove, these things are well built, but they ARE still Famiclones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Oh, and Exodus: Journey to the Promised Land works, along with the licensed Tengen version of Pac-Man.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I have a question

Ok so I bought a retroduo about a month ago, and here are the games that I have tested and work.

1. Primal Rage
    2. Street Fighter II
    3. NBA Jam
    4. NBA Jam Tournament Edition
    5. Mortal Kombat 3
    6. Punch-out
    7. Super Punch-out

But my question is, (would extremely like help with this), is there any way I can connect a light gun to it? Is there any type of adapter that can connect to the super nintendo ports which the retroduo has? I mean I bought a light gun thinking it would fit, but I was horribly wrong haha. Money is not a factor here people. Any help is viciously appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125330

Read that thread.

I just wish Innex would come out with an official adapter already.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello I am wondering about Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for SNES. People have reported it works perfectly and what-not, but when I turn on my SNES with the cartridge in all I get is sound.. sorry I am really new to this Retro Duo System and this is the only game I have right now.. =( Can anyone help me? I cleaned it with an alcohol q-tip and everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you have an NES game in the other slot, take it out.
    Are you using composite or s-video?