Thread: Three arcades for $250?

Insert Coin (Level 0) 8bitnintendogames's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Three arcades for $250?

There is a dude with three arcade machines, one works, which is Arch Rivals, second machine he sas the display doesn't work on the Pole Position 2, and the third machine is Operation Wolf, which the gun ripped/fell off, but is there. I was going to offer $200. What do you guys think?
    Looking to complete my Dreamcast collection...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitnintendogames View Post
    There is a dude with three arcade machines, one works, which is Arch Rivals, second machine he sas the display doesn't work on the Pole Position 2, and the third machine is Operation Wolf, which the gun ripped/fell off, but is there. I was going to offer $200. What do you guys think?
    Good deal but be warned that Pole Position and Pole Position II machines are brutally error prone due to how their PCB's are designed. Is it a dedicated Pole Position II or a Pole Position conversion? Dedicated PPII units are hard to find, especially in the USA. Take a look here, the bottom cabinet picture is a dedicated PPII while the top one is a PP conversion - which nearly all USA PPII upright cabinets are.

Also be warned that PP uprights weigh a lot and are top heavy but are extremely well built. If the cabinets are clean and in decent shape then you'll do fine. If the PPII board is in good working shape then that's an amazing deal for everything as getting PP and PPII boards repaired can run $130 - $150 easy. Hell, I sold a set of blown to hell PP boards for $35.00 - and people were fighting over them.