Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Imports?. Where to buy online query???...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Japanese Imports?. Where to buy online query???...

Hi, I was wandering if any of you guys knew of any places online apart from play-asia.com & eBay from where I could purchase Japanese import games, preferably for the Sega Saturn & Sega Dreamcast consoles that never made there way onto NTSC or PAL shores???...

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

www.japangamestock.com They have a little bit of everything import wise. I've only bought from them once but I was very satisfied with the transaction.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 03-19-2008 at 01:51 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    www.japangamestock.com They have a little bit of everything import wise. I'm only bought from them once but I was very satisfied with the transaction.
    That guy has some awesome prices. I've been meaning to buy from him, but he takes his time to restock what I want.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

I buy from Yamakotu. Their online store's selection used to be good but as of late their ebay selection has been incredable. Where else will you get VibRibbon for $12, parodius delux for $15, and Twin Bee Delux for $13 all complete?

Insert Coin (Level 0) graciano1337's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    J City Mayne

www.gamengai.com

Lots of Saturn imports for sale and good prices. Also some DC games. He's got a condition grading system for all his games which is really helpful, too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fuyukaze View Post
    I buy from Yamakotu. Their online store's selection used to be good but as of late their ebay selection has been incredable. Where else will you get VibRibbon for $12, parodius delux for $15, and Twin Bee Delux for $13 all complete?
    He does have an awesome collection of stuff for sale. But sometimes his great prices vanish because of all the people bidding his items up.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

He does have an awesome collection of stuff for sale. But sometimes his great prices vanish because of all the people bidding his items up.

In the past 3 months I've won over 130 different games. Sometimes people bid insane amounts like when the SFC Cotton was up and someone paid 50 for it or when Heaven's Gate was up and it went for over 40. Still, there are times like when Persona is listed and sold for $1.25 before shipping. It'll be funny if you and I have been bidding against each other all this time. What's your ebay name anyways?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the past 3 months I've won over 130 different games. Sometimes people bid insane amounts like when the SFC Cotton was up and someone paid 50 for it or when Heaven's Gate was up and it went for over 40. Still, there are times like when Persona is listed and sold for $1.25 before shipping. It'll be funny if you and I have been bidding against each other all this time. What's your ebay name anyways?
    I never bid until the last 5 seconds, so you'd NEVER be bidding against me. I am Mr.Sniper extraordinair Plus, I haven't gotten anything from him since last August or so. But I definitely have made more than 10 transactions with him. He always has great affordable(atleast for alittle while) stuff.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

I never bid until the last 5 seconds, so you'd NEVER be bidding against me. I am Mr.Sniper extraordinair Plus, I haven't gotten anything from him since last August or so. But I definitely have made more than 10 transactions with him. He always has great affordable(atleast for alittle while) stuff.
    Ah, I'm not big on sniping. I hate it when it's done to me, I'd hate to do it to someone else. If they want it so bad that they have to snipe, I tend to remember who they were and schill their ass till it's within 1-2 cents of their max. Sad but I cant realy do that all too well these days as I only have their feedback number to go by. Well, I'm not planning on buying anything from them for atleast 2 more months if not the rest of the year. After getting 154 (I checked) games from them sense the start of the year, I believe I have too damned many games to be playing now.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

It's funny, I've actually found Yamatoku not as good as he used to be. I don't know if anything has changed as of late, but I did a couple separate transactions (of a few games each) a few months ago and I found it much harder to get a good deal than years ago. In fact, many auctions end even HIGHER than the average you'll find in completed auctions from other sellers (and, yes, I factor in shipping). It seems like these days there are several people that religiously follow Yamatoku and place a moderate bid on just about EVERY dang item. It's pretty annoying. They win only a tiny fraction of what they bid on, but it ensures that everybody else is usually looking at spending at least a few bucks on even the dirt common, no-name stuff, and when you factor in shipping, then you're spending around 10 bucks for each of those so-so games and much more if you want to get something that's known for being a quality title. I remember the days when I could place bids on a handful of no-name games, go to bed, and wake up hours later to see I won them all for the opening bids. Those days seem to be over. You'd almost do better finding a seller without Yamatoku's reputation, since their auctions would go more unnoticed. His service is always great, though, so I don't think I'll ever stop shopping from him. The nice thing is that he tends to list the same games over and over, so patience pays off in terms of getting a fair price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    It's funny, I've actually found Yamatoku not as good as he used to be. I don't know if anything has changed as of late, but I did a couple separate transactions (of a few games each) a few months ago and I found it much harder to get a good deal than years ago. In fact, many auctions end even HIGHER than the average you'll find in completed auctions from other sellers (and, yes, I factor in shipping). It seems like these days there are several people that religiously follow Yamatoku and place a moderate bid on just about EVERY dang item. It's pretty annoying. They win only a tiny fraction of what they bid on, but it ensures that everybody else is usually looking at spending at least a few bucks on even the dirt common, no-name stuff, and when you factor in shipping, then you're spending around 10 bucks for each of those so-so games and much more if you want to get something that's known for being a quality title. I remember the days when I could place bids on a handful of no-name games, go to bed, and wake up hours later to see I won them all for the opening bids. Those days seem to be over. You'd almost do better finding a seller without Yamatoku's reputation, since their auctions would go more unnoticed. His service is always great, though, so I don't think I'll ever stop shopping from him. The nice thing is that he tends to list the same games over and over, so patience pays off in terms of getting a fair price.
    The deals are still there, you just have to be more patient and selective. Also, it helps to know when to pounce. A few weeks ago they had a CIB copy of Sin & Punishment go for $51, Needless to say I wasnt happy getting sniped on that. They also had a CIB copy of Shin Megami Tensei 2 end at 33$. I realy wasnt happy with that. Then there was the 7$ CIB copy of Ogre Battle 64. I'm waiting to mod my N64 to know if I was happy with that.

I think it's become more difficult as of late but they are one of the few very reliable sellers on ebay that deal in imports from my experience. Also, I'm not aware of many sellers that give a buyer up to 2 weeks to pay and allow them to continue bidding on stuff during all that time. Show me the power seller who has recieved only 5 negs in 6 months out of nearly 7000+ auctions. Their feedback speaks for itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The deals are still there, you just have to be more patient and selective. Also, it helps to know when to pounce. A few weeks ago they had a CIB copy of Sin & Punishment go for $51, Needless to say I wasnt happy getting sniped on that.
    That seriously isn't worth nearly that anymore, I can find a pile of pristine copies for $25-$35 or so. If you really need one, let me know and I will snag one for you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

Quote Originally Posted by smork View Post
    That seriously isn't worth nearly that anymore, I can find a pile of pristine copies for $25-$35 or so. If you really need one, let me know and I will snag one for you...
    Grab one then if you would please. Also, if you see either of the Shin Megami Tensei games for the PS1, let me know what your finding them for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah, I'm not big on sniping. I hate it when it's done to me, I'd hate to do it to someone else. If they want it so bad that they have to snipe, I tend to remember who they were and schill their ass till it's within 1-2 cents of their max. Sad but I cant realy do that all too well these days as I only have their feedback number to go by. Well, I'm not planning on buying anything from them for atleast 2 more months if not the rest of the year. After getting 154 (I checked) games from them sense the start of the year, I believe I have too damned many games to be playing now.
    I snipe for the simple reason of saving money. Why endure a pointless bidding war and drive up an auction an extra $30-200 when I can just win it in one fell swoop? I can then use that extra money for more important things, like gas and bills. But to each his own and if you like bidding the old fashion way, thats cool too.

As for your schill bidding comment, thats pretty much frowned upon in both the ebay and gamer communities. And that would never work on people who snipe anyway because you never see our screen name until the auction is over.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Messed up the quote.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 03-20-2008 at 10:39 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm waiting to mod my N64 to know if I was happy with that.

You don't need to mod your N64. Just get an import convertor for it. It will run you $7-15 on average and just inserts into the cartridge slot. Then you put the import game of your choice on top of the convertor and wala: you are now free to play any Japanese import games your heart desires.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

yahoo japan auctions. A majority of my jpn imports came from there via middleman service.

__________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthLurker View Post
    yahoo japan auctions. A majority of my jpn imports came from there via middleman service.

And unless you have a really high paying job or a sugar momma, that middleman service can be a bigger wallet-killer than a regular unleaded gas fill up.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

And unless you have a really high paying job or a sugar momma, that middleman service can be a bigger wallet-killer than a regular unleaded gas fill up.
    Yes it is very expensive.

__________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]