Thread: My new blog exclusively for Platformer Games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My new blog exclusively for Platformer Games

I wanted to do a gaming website for awhile, and thanks to blogs it has become a whole lot easier to just log and and make a post. I wanted to give the site a theme that would keep it unique from almost any other blogs out there so I chose to keep it exclusive to platformer games.

www.platformerupdate.com

Basicaly I will be searching the net for all the news on any new platformers in development or any cool stuff I can find relating to them (such as videos on youtube, new merchandise, cheap deals).

I am also looking for anyone out there who shares a love for platformer games to join the staff and help me update or write reviews/articles (which can also include retro platformers from any era). I have a post with more about joining the staff at the site itself, head on over and bookmark it if you think you will ever check it out.

[b]Anyone that has a gaming related website and wants to exchange links with me let me know! I will add anyones website from the DP community so just PM me here or shoot me an email at pdorr3@yahoo.com

EDIT: Forum added, domain name added, taking DP link trades!
    Last edited by PDorr3; 04-06-2008 at 06:42 PM.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Looks pretty cool, I just subscribed to your RSS feed, keep up the good work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Looks pretty cool so far. Platformers are probably my most consistently-liked genre so I'll keep an eye out. One thing I think would be neat are features on lesser-known platformers, though you've already given them a wink and a nudge with Ristar in the graphics. Dave Halverson is probably kicking himself that he didn't have the idea first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Half Japanese View Post
    Looks pretty cool so far. Platformers are probably my most consistently-liked genre so I'll keep an eye out. One thing I think would be neat are features on lesser-known platformers, though you've already given them a wink and a nudge with Ristar in the graphics. Dave Halverson is probably kicking himself that he didn't have the idea first.
    Yea I do plan on writing some reviews eventualy on some of the lesser known platformers out there, maybe not even reviews but just a look into them to peak peoples interests. Thanks for your interst guys I'm doing this so people will enjoy reading it to keep up on these great games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been on a platformer kick as of late, so I'm definitely going to love this blog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks to everyone who reads regularly, I have a nice reader base so far and am very pleased! I am still looking for anyone interested in becoming staff (have ideas for your own article section? let me know!), and also have a forum now which is still very new right now and am hoping people will take part in the community.

Also anyone that has a website and would like to exhange links with mine I will do so without any exceptions as long as it is somewhat gaming related and you are a DP member. Shoot me an email at pdorr3@yahoo.com (I also have a topsites list you can join as well)

Thanks all!