Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am i wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Am i wrong?

I've recently bought a couple of pc games from ebay.
    Baldur's gate 1, Sword coast and neverwinter nights. The sword coast was sealed and costed me 20.50$.
    Well, the seller requested 40$ for priority shipping. I told her to put everything in a sturdy box. She said ok.

The package arrived. It was shipped for 25$ in a simply paper wrapping. The sealed sword coast was crumpled and wrinckled as hell. From a new game it turned into a pile of shit.
    I've asked her for a full game refund + she saved on shipping. she told me she could do a partial refund. I've got 10$. WTF??? I emailed her i need full game cost refund because i can only wipe my ass with it now. She responded like "Cd's does not work? They work? Then STFU 10$ is more then enough for a damaged box". And for shipping it was even more stupid answer.
    Well i told her i'd open a paypal claim and have her ass. I will provide pictures of damaged box.
    OWNER: http://www.sealedvideogames.net
    My Rpg Collection
    Always looking for FACTORY SEALED snes and sega and psx RPG's.

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Well, if she agreed to pack it then yeah, you're right. However, don't get your hopes up on "having her ass." That isn't how Paypal works. Beside that, giving her a bunch of "waaaaa" isn't going to do anything but piss her off. Just explain what the problem is and if she doesn't cooperate, then file your complaint.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well she told me that Russian Federation is not Europe, but Asia! Need i say more?
    My Rpg Collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Something similar happened to me with N64 games. On two occasions I asked the sellers to send me the N64 games in a sturdy box because I didn't want them to get crushed. Well sure enough both they both sent them in flimsy paper mailers with minumum insulated bubble wrap. Obviously both arrived slightly crushed and one was shipping from Japan. But I didn't ask paypal for a refund because I didn't feel like going thru the drama.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Sol View Post
    I've recently bought a couple of pc games from ebay.
    Baldur's gate 1, Sword coast and neverwinter nights. The sword coast was sealed and costed me 20.50$.
    Well, the seller requested 40$ for priority shipping. I told her to put everything in a sturdy box. She said ok.

The package arrived. It was shipped for 25$ in a simply paper wrapping. The sealed sword coast was crumpled and wrinckled as hell. From a new game it turned into a pile of shit.
    I've asked her for a full game refund + she saved on shipping. she told me she could do a partial refund. I've got 10$. WTF??? I emailed her i need full game cost refund because i can only wipe my ass with it now. She responded like "Cd's does not work? They work? Then STFU 10$ is more then enough for a damaged box". And for shipping it was even more stupid answer.
    Well i told her i'd open a paypal claim and have her ass. I will provide pictures of damaged box.
    Unfortunately, a lot of ebay members try to save money by using inferior shipping means (especially those not offered in there bids). I would honestly ask for a full refund, and put a claim in through ebay and paypal. Don't let the seller boss you around, they are completely in the wrong. Hope I helped O_o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You are aware that if you file a Paypal dispute, you'll have to mail the damaged item back to her WITH TRACKING before you are eligible for a refund. You won't automatically be given free money. You won't be given a partial refund because you paid more for S&H than the actual postage cost. I'd still file a dispute if she doesn't cooperate.

She sounds like a pretty crappy seller though, especially because you get free Priority supplies, including sturdy boxes like you requested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I opened a dispute and escalated it to a claim. Also i wrote that won't sent the item back because it will cost me more then the item cost itself. I'll throw it away simply.
    As a result i got 3 negative feedbacks at once! While i already left 2 positives for her, but still shitted 1 neg
    My Rpg Collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I opened a dispute and escalated it to a claim. Also i wrote that won't sent the item back because it will cost me more then the item cost itself. I'll throw it away simply.
    As a result i got 3 negative feedbacks at once! While i already left 2 positives for her, but still shitted 1 neg
    one of the negs: "BEWARE!! He frequently demands refunds. Email me 4 proof. Horrid buyer!!"
    My Rpg Collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While at least the negatives only count as one since they came from the same person.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yearh it's good. I've been ebay user for nearly 5 years. And my feedback was always perfect.
    My Rpg Collection

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah the feedback system is flawed in a sense. It sucks to have a "negative' left when you did nothing wrong. Some people use automated systems that leave the same feedback you left them (for larger vendors). Thats how I got my one and only negative on ebay. At least you can stand back and have a good laugh at her stupid remark. O_o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow this looks cool.

Said he's gotten dozens of refunds. WATCH OUT!! Demanding & unreasonable!! Seller:
    monamiebecky ( 140 [Feedback score is 100 to 499] )
    Mar-20-08 07:41

Reply by darksol1983 (Mar-21-08 04:36):
    Oh yes i'm very f*cking demanding. I only asked to ship it in box and you ingore

Negative feedback rating BEWARE!! He frequently demands refunds. Email me 4 proof. Horrid buyer!! Seller:
    Mar-20-08 07:36

Reply by darksol1983 (Mar-21-08 04:33):
    Oh yearh. Email her. Sent me 10$ refund and stole 25$ more. Greedy and careless.

Negative feedback rating An absolute NIGHTMARE!! Didn't read auction terms, made unreasonable demands. Seller:
    Mar-20-08 07:35

Reply by darksol1983 (Mar-21-08 04:32):
    And i've left positive for you.... you're a greedy and careless witch.
    My Rpg Collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

You can always ask ebay for look into to removing the negative feedbacks. I've gotten a couple negatives removed after getting them from stupid sellers and buyers before. The seller would have to agree to this though. You might have a bit of luck with it though since it's obvioulsy retalitory feedback. Two of the negatives have nothing to do with the item in dispute. I'd at least bring that to ebays attention since I'm pretty sure it's against ebays policies.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I thought sellers were no longer allowed to leave negative feedback for buyers.

Did this all happen prior to the policy change?
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    I thought sellers were no longer allowed to leave negative feedback for buyers.

Did this all happen prior to the policy change?
    That starts in May.

Strawberry (Level 2) JerseyDevil65's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran View Post
    That starts in May.
    I don't get it, why would E-bay stop sellers from negging buyers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Cinder6

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil65 View Post
    I don't get it, why would E-bay stop sellers from negging buyers?
    To prevent retaliatory negatives, just like in this case. Now, a buyer will just have a low feedback score.

Hmm, I just considered, that might make me look bad... I opened my account in November 2000, but I only have a feedback rating of 59. I just don't use eBay much. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me.
    Knowledge is Power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    You can always ask ebay for look into to removing the negative feedbacks. I've gotten a couple negatives removed after getting them from stupid sellers and buyers before. The seller would have to agree to this though. You might have a bit of luck with it though since it's obvioulsy retalitory feedback. Two of the negatives have nothing to do with the item in dispute. I'd at least bring that to ebays attention since I'm pretty sure it's against ebays policies.
    Another way to have feedback removed is if the other person cursed or used some other form of lewd and/or offensive language. Not only did this help me get a negative off of my dummy account but it also got the seller temperaily suspended from ebay. But it looks like this wasn't the case in your situation.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also i wrote that won't sent the item back because it will cost me more then the item cost itself. I'll throw it away simply.
    It doesn't matter what you write or tell Paypal. You won't get any refund at all unless you return the item with tracking or some kind of delivery confirmation. It doesn't matter how much it costs to return-ship it.

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    Well, pretty much this entire post is wrong. Yes, you can attempt a Mutual Feedback Withdrawal, but it's unlikely the seller will agree to it. Ebay has very clear standards by which they manually remove negative feedback, and Dark_Sol's situation isn't even close to any of them. The feedback is going to stick, which sucks, but that's part of life on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Another way to have feedback removed is if the other person cursed or used some other form of lewd and/or offensive language.
    Ebay doesn't let you swear anymore in feedback, so you can forget about this one, too. They have a pretty large word filter, which includes vulgar words of the 1940s like scumbag. You can't even use common forms of 1337-speak to get around it.

Strawberry (Level 2) JerseyDevil65's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder6 View Post
    To prevent retaliatory negatives, just like in this case. Now, a buyer will just have a low feedback score.
    Ah, I understand it now. Sellers will have to treat buyers better (quick shipping, better packing, etc) because buyers can leave honest feedback and not be afraid of getting negged back.

I definitely like it.