Thread: Xbox 360 Leaderboards Competition Thread (Achievement addicts need not apply)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Default Xbox 360 Leaderboards Competition Thread (Achievement addicts need not apply)

Does anyone else enjoy competing for better scores with others on their friend or worldwide leaderboards? Achievement points can be fun, but this is much more enjoyable for me; this topic has nothing to do with them. I only compete on the leaderboards with XBLA games, as I enjoy my XBLA games much more than my retail releases and the pick up and play nature of the XBLA suits my ADD gaming habits. I can play a round in multiple games in a 30 minute time period, which can't be said about more modern games.

Anyway, I used to play Marble Blast Ultra and Boom Boom Rocket all the time to get better scores. If anyone on my friends list overtook me on those leaderboards, I would probably start playing those games again in an attempt to get back rank #1 on the friends leaderboard. If someone beat me on E4 or Scramble, I would also probably make an attempt to get back those titles too. Right now I am enjoying just playing for better scores in Rez and N+. I have a goal of getting top 50 worldwide in all of the Rez leaderboards, hopefully that will happen eventually. There are also games I'm not as good at as other people on my friends list, but I still enjoy playing regularly in an attempt to get a better score. Those include Frogger, Dig Dug, Galaga and Time Pilot. The friends leaderboards are cool since you can say you are #1, even if you happen to be ranked somewhere in the four figures on the overall leaderboard.

So, is it just me, or does anyone else thoroughly enjoy the Xbox Live leaderboards?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

I have a top 50 score in Tron Discs and a top 150 score in Tron. I'm pretty proud of both of those.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Amongst my friends list I've got the tops in Frogger, Galaga, Pacman CE, Robotron, Scramble, & Time Pilot if any of you guys want to challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Quote Originally Posted by NE146 View Post
    Amongst my friends list I've got the tops in Frogger, Galaga, Pacman CE, Robotron, Scramble, & Time Pilot if any of you guys want to challenge.
    I will be working on topping your Scramble score now that I have you added to my friends list. Once I conquer that I might give the other games a try.

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

I can't even begin to approach some of those scores on E4, but I'll keep fighting for better Rez scores. I'll also be working to maintain my top friend board spot for Gyruss, love that damned hard game.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

We've got some pretty damn good AstroPop and BoomBoom Rocket scores/times. Boom Boom tracked High scores are stupid since it tracks based on medium, not hard where all our best scores are. My PacMan CE scores used to be pretty good, but I think i've fallen by the wayside. I'm not even going to try and really boost my Geometry Wars scores... I hit a plateau at 500k that I just could never get over.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog