Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the Most Disappointing Game Ever?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What is the Most Disappointing Game Ever?

OK, worst game ever is covered, best game ever, best game with monkeys in ball covered...

So how about this... what game was the single biggest let down you ever expirenced?

I've got a couple... Zoda's Revenge was bad but honestly I wasn't expecting it to live up to the original Star Tropics...

And I didn't really enjoy the multiplayer frame-rate of Mario Kart 64.

The runner up (for me anyway) is Ocarina of Time for the N64/Gamecube. A lot of people call this the best video game ever made, but I just found the entire quest to be terminally boring. The empty overworld with little or no badguys between each level was so very dull that I quit playing five times before I beat it (as in stopped playing it for months or years), and I found the dungeons to be tedious and the puzzles to be more annoying then enjoyable. Unlike the temples in Wind Waker or even Majora's Mask.

Speaking of which, Ocarina of Time was so boring that I bought Majora's Mask the day it came out and I didn't even muster up the courage to open the thing and actually play it until over a year later.

But the game that was the biggest let down overall for me was Donkey Kong 64. First off, I really, really enjoyed the first two Donkey Kong Country games on the SNES (thought #3 sucked ass), and I had enjoyed Banjo-Kazooie enough to be psyched for DK64. Instead, I found a game that crawled along at a snail's pace. And the game relied too much on collecting crap then on fun levels and objectives. It could have been fun but lots of the non-DK characters were just no fun to use.

So yep, DK64 is the biggest letdown I ever experienced... but your milage may very.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hard choice really.. The worst game ever has to be Myst <yawn>

The most dissapointing for me is Goldeneye on the N64. People raved about it so much I bought a N64 to play the damn thing and it was really rather naff..... Or maybe I was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

Yeah Myst has to be up there. When I heard about it I was told that it was the most amazing game ever. After struggling to get it loaded on my computer (it never liked my video card), I found out it was a point and click adventure. Now that's not bad (I like those type of games), but it was so god awful boring I quit after only an hour into it. It was like Kings Quest without any of the fun.

Personally I think most of the Neo Geo games fall into this category. The system and games get so much hype that you'd think God himself personally endorses the system, but when you play the games you find that they're OK but nothing great.

Tempest
    --- www.AtariProtos.com ---
    All Your Prototypes Are Belong To Us!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

State of Emergency. Potential + GTA3 hype + Shitty Gameplay + Stupid Gameplay + Dull Gameplay = Super Disappointment

The only game I've ever played where I returned the damn thing 2 hours after buying it.

dave

Cherry (Level 1) Eternal Champion's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The original Shadow of the Beast on Amiga is a big one for me. Beautiful game, awesome music, but all but unplayable. Ooooops, forgot about that!

Anything on Sega CD! "HEY! You STILL don't have a CD?!" Er, no.

I know this game wasn't hyped compared to most, but Rise of the Robots. The gaming mags had really cool ads for about 5 minutes, making it look like a movie FX house made the thing, then....CRAP!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lets see..

any of the "multimedia" Zork games
    Neverwinter Nights
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You like Donkey Kong country for the SNES? Are you crazy? That game was so damn boring. Graphics were pretty for the SNES but the game was BORING!
    X-Box: Worst game system EVER!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Devil may cry 2
    I can understand why the first one was the best in the series but,this one doesn't withstand to it's length of how long the game is.Not that i'm saying the game is bad,I'm just saying how a big dissapointment it was to all devil may cry fan's.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

I snoozed though THE BOUNCER for PS2...

The PSX game DRAGON BALL GT: FINAL BOUT was supposed to be terrible, and it is, so I guess I wasn't disappointed.

SHINING FORCE 3 on the Saturn is a great game, but I'm totally stuck half-way through (it was my first try at an RPG and I made a lot of mistakes) so I'm really disappointed, but it's not a disappointed game at all.

I'm rambling.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Haha, The Bouncer. The only game you can beat 5 times in 5 hours and then never have to pick it up again. (Well, one of the only)

dave

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would go with State of Emergency or Donkey Kong 64,both I had preordered for months and couldn't wait,then I played them.I should have taken them back but now thy are worth nothing. >

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Starfox Adventures. All you do is go around picking up items and puting them in slots. Thats all the game is. Very disappointing when I beat it in 2 days.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Evil_Skrilla

Batman: Dark Tommorow. I waited for months to play this, the graphics looked amazing. So i go and rent it, and the gameplay absoulutely sucks. The camera view is almost the same one they use for Resident evil and i really really hate it. >

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

State of Emergency is another bad one... that's what it and DK64 had it common... they both got ungodly hype before they came out and they both had little substance. I had a friend who swore up and down that SOE was the best game he ever played one day and then the very next day he was saying how much he hated it. lol

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

I can't believe a forgot these Nintendo 64 stinkers, both of which were highly anticipated and both of which SUCK ASS

Superman 64

Carmagaddon 64

Batman for the N64 sucks ass too, but I think most people expected that one, so it really wasn't that much of a disappointment.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd list the trifecta of Sonic Adventure 2, Crazy Taxi 2, and the sequel to Virtua Tennis. The Dreamcast had left me completely satisfied... until those games were released. Why Sega felt it was necessary to spoil their three most popular franchises with crummy sequels is completely beyond me. Sonic Adventure 2 made the mistake of taking the Sonic games in a cold, dark new artistic direction, and worsened matters by taking my favorite character Tails and bolting him into a mech that COMPLETELY changed the way the character played.
    Crazy Taxi 2 had a cast of "new" characters that were really just unimaginative ripoffs of the first four cabbies, plus cities that were much too crowded and clogged with traffic.
    Tennis 2K2 (I think that was the title, but don't hold me to that) was the followup to the overhyped Virtua Tennis, featuring real tennis stars but no tennis fun. It was boring and frustrating, and had none of the life of Nintendo's competitor Mario Tennis.
    All three games sucked much ass. I bought the last two at Blockbuster for some pocket change and a little belly button lint, and I still felt cheated. It took almost an entire day to accumulate that belly button lint, after all!

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default fef

The most dissapointing game I ever played...hmmmmm id have to say Starfox Adventures was kinda dull, i waited long for it played it for a bit and then sorta went through that ::looks at game:: hmm do i wanna play? hmmm ...OO PIZZA..for like a month or 2 lol

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ManekiNeko
    I'd list the trifecta of Sonic Adventure 2, Crazy Taxi 2, and the sequel to Virtua Tennis. The Dreamcast had left me completely satisfied... until those games were released. Why Sega felt it was necessary to spoil their three most popular franchises with crummy sequels is completely beyond me.
    Hmm. Sonic Adventure 2 and Tennis 2K2 are two of my favourite games of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManekiNeko
    Tennis 2K2 (I think that was the title, but don't hold me to that) was the followup to the overhyped Virtua Tennis, featuring real tennis stars but no tennis fun. It was boring and frustrating, and had none of the life of Nintendo's competitor Mario Tennis.
    I think that Mario Tennis is good, but not great. (I liked the gameboy color version much more than the N64 one). IMO Tennis 2K2 is much much better than Mario Tennis and Virtual Tennis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Metropolismania by Natsume...After bring out a game that i LOVE, harvest moon, i thought that this would be another wonderful, addiciting game.

It's so full of bugs, and so confusing, it's not even worth it. :/

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Harvest Moon for PS2, I loved the SNES and PSX versions, but the Ps2 version just sucked...really badly.
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!