Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What is the Most Disappointing Game Ever?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sonic R. The game looked great, and the music was nice (the vox didn't bug me), but it's so damned difficult to control.

I wanted to like it. I really really did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Super Mario Sunshine. I know it wasn't really a bad game, but it didn't even come close to living up to Super Mario 64. All the areas looked the same (tropical island themed), and I didn't like the whole water squirter deal. I'm still waiting for a worthy sequal to SM64.

I also was HIGHLY dissapointed by Blaster Master 2 on the Genesis. I waited a very long time for a Blaster Master sequal, and when I heard there was a 16-bit Blaster Master on the Genesis, I was thrilled. So I went out and rented it. Man, was I so let down. The game just sucked. The gameplay was horrible, the music was very obnoxious sounding. What a crapper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I, like a few others, strongly disagree re:Tennis 2K2, Sonic Adventure 2, RE: Code Veronica, and (ESPECIALLY!) Zelda II being categorized as disappointing.

Here are the games that I consider most disappointing:

Daikatana (I gave it too much benefit of the doubt when I played it, and still found myself very disappointed)

Pokemon Pinball

Halo 2 (The first one is great, however)

Red Faction 2 (NOTE: when I first started playing this game, I was impressed with its multiplayer aspect but VERY, VERY disappointed with its single player aspect - especially since I had high expectations based on how amazing Red Faction 1's single player aspect is. I eventually came to appreciate Red Faction 2's single-player mode after I forced myself to beat it, but I definately consider it an aquired taste)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow. I was thinking State of Emergency before I even clicked on this thread. This biggest waste of $49.99 I've ever spent.

On top of this...I can't believe that they are releasing "State of Emergency 2!"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index...e+of+emergency

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Doom 3 was pretty big let down for me.
    Even if I go to hell, I will live to the end of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow I read some games here I really enjoyed!

Most dissapointing for my was Starfox Adventure, man I thought Rare had made a great game as a goodbye to all the fans :'( (If Rare was still developing for the Cube I'm sure the sales of there games will be much higher.)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lots of Rare hatin' going on here. I, for one, loved the crap out of Starfox Adventures. Biggest letdown? Tales of Symphonia. So SLOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A bunch come to mind, but there not really a complete 'let-down.'
    For instance, when Super Mario World 2 (Yoshi's Story) came out, I was hoping/expecting a simialr game to Super Mario World. That didn't happen, and I was pretty dissapointed. However, it was still a fun-as-hell game.
    Same goes for Sunshine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default I don't say this often...

^ Woah. That's pretty much exactly how I should respond.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Action 52 for NES.

I bought it (thankfully I did not buy it when it came out), brought it home, put it in the NES and tried every single game on it .
    Took it back out of the NES, and put it back in the box. I will never try and play that cart again.

Al

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's a cliche answer, but Final Fantasy 8.

Some people were disappointed the direction the series took starting with 7, although I still don't know why. For me, I really didn't like FF8. It's the first and only Final Fantasy game that I never really found anything good to say about it. Even FFX-2, while clearly a pretty shallow game, and one with minimal programming involved, given how much they just copied and pasted from FFX, had SOME good in it. But not FF8, not for me.

I know people out there disagree, and that's fine. I have no qualms if people like FF8. It was a huge, huge letdown for me personally though, at the time it was released.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road (NES)

My brother and I loved the first game (Co-op rocks!) and waited, very impatiently, for the sequel to arrive on the NES.

..eh...whats with the ugly repetitive levels? WHY are these shops here? Mini-games with loading time??!!!

Yuck. Turns my stomach just thinking about how much allowance money we wasted on that.

That and Ultima IX. I might dust that off and see if the Gaming Rig I just built up can play it at full speed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2600: pac man ( but i enjoyed it immensely)

2600: donkey kong 2 or jr dont remember which one it is)

nes: Zelda (to this day i don't get the hype )

nes: ninja gaiden (a great and fun game but was diapointed it was nothing like the arcade)

nes: metroid (i was and still get board playing it -- the comercials were alot more fun looking -- im not saying it was a bad game just a let down for me because of the expectation i had)

nes: wizards and warriors - i think im thinking of the right game

master system - alien syndrome ( my excitement for the game totaly droped after seeing the arcade)

N64: Goldeneye

psx: dino crisis and resident evil games (the control brings the otherwise great games down to a lower level

saturn: 3 dirty dwarfs - i just felt WTF is this - i just couldt get into it - although i play it once in a blue moon

rise of the robots - on all systems - played them all starting with PC

PC: starcontrol 3
    PC: comand an conqeror tiberian sun - i waited and waited for this game after seeing the trailer for it upon beating the first game in this series - big disapointment for me
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Metroid Prime 2 seemed like a dissapointment to me. The first Metroid Prime was a wonderful game. There was a lot of exploration and discovery to done in MP. While these elements were in MP2, they seemed to be overshadowed by the enemies in MP2. The enemies in MP2 must've been on steroids or something, because it takes two fully charged shots to kill the easiest enemy. I also didn't like how MP2 was so much darker than MP. It was like Retro Studios tried to make MP2 a Halo clone or something.

Another game that was disapointing was Zelda: Majora's Mask. I enjoyed Ocarina of Time. OoT was perhaps the best game I've ever played. So, I thought that Majora's Mask would be better than that. However, Majora's Mask had a very boring begining, and the three day thing was fustrating. I always becan each three day cycle getting all of the ammo that I lost going back in time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Adventures of Mighty Max (GEN)

When I was venturing through the pawn shop and saw this game in the bucket of $1 games, I was thinking it would be an awesome game if it were like the show! I never knew they made a game after the show, so thinking to myself it'd be a moving mystical adventure well done. Well, all was good except the "well done" part. Just playing it a few minutes was a letdown. Bummer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i wouldnt say most disappointing game ever , but i wasnt entirely imperessed by doom 64 That game was hyped on my mind for such a long time but the game wasnt as cool as quake when i finally played it , but i did play the pc conversion and much more kickass.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most disappointing? Shenmue. Everyone raved about how it was the best thing since sliced bread - that game was boring as hell. The whole game is just wandering around lost, talking to people and having strange conversations until you finally find the right person. Then you have to find someone else and talk to them, and so on.

FYI: Donkey Kong 64 and Star Fox Adventures kicked ass.

DK64 was a massive adventure which was fun for pretty much the whole 50+ hours it took to collect everything. Star Fox Adventures was a good adventure too, although on the short side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For me, the most disappointing game was Lord of the Rings, Volume 1 for the SNES. Being a fan of the books, I waited for that game for years -- pretty much from when Nintendo Power first mentioned that the game was in development -- and I recall that it kept on getting delayed. I wanted that game more than just about any other at the time. Once it came out and I had a chance to play it, I realized that it sucked. *Really* sucked. Never since have I been disappointed with a game as much as that one.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Final Fantasy X-2. I loved the first one, but the sequel was totally unneeded. Plus, the music and storyline were ABYSMAL to the point that I skipped scenes and pushed the mute button on more than ten different occasions. The mission based system was ass, and the characters were annoying as hell. This game really let me down.

FF8 and legend of Dragoon are other games that really let me down, as well as Metroid 2 and Link's Awakening for the Game Boy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

new super mario bros. too much of cakewalk for me I rather stick with super mario bros. 2 japan
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)