Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What is the Most Disappointing Game Ever?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 321

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    WoW

don't flame, i don't like the game.

it was way too overhyped and is still way too overhyped for a mmo. there are some very good mmos out there much better than wow that get forgotten because somehow wow not only got overhyped, but it is out and still gets overhyped.

Case in Point:
    People that stop playing WoW, stop playing WoW.

Other mmo's that have been out for forever and a day, people just play them on the weekends or whatever.

I got a buddy that still plays lineage 2. Hell, I got a friend that still plays EQ1.

WoW is still young, and since people do not realize that, they will get a good smack in the face when another mmo dethrones it.

the game is so f'ing overhyped that people become blind to that fact (see, I was ranting for a reason).
    Wow was innovative, it's better than most MMORPG out there.

I have a fairly lengthy MMO background. I played UO, EQ, T4C, DAoC, Lineage 2, AO and FFXI. And I am no Blizzard fanboy either.

From all the game I played, WoW was by far one of the most finished product on the market. It is also the only MMORPG which successfully appealed to both casual and hardcore players.

You are entitled to your opinion, no arguing with that. But I do think WoW is objectively one of the very best of its kind.

Oh and it's definitely not true that "People that stop playing WoW, stop playing WoW." I generally play for like a year then stop for 6 months, and go at it again. Almost everyone I met online in the game stopped for several months at some point and came back later.

Strawberry (Level 2) sebastiankirchoff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    NoSleepTillMnhtn
    Steam
    laserdiscfan

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles- The mansion level was awesome, but the other levels just sucked. Collecting the papers is close to impossible since the camera moves so fast (I know its a "On Rails" shooter, but why did they include documents to collect?). I am a huge RE fan and have been since 1999, but this game just dissapointed the hell out of me.

Halo 2 and 3- I don't want to offend people, but these games just didn't do it for me. Halo 1 was a decent game, but its sequels dissapointed me greatly.

PSP- Not a game, but still dissapointing. I was expecting this system to be great, and got it a couple of weeks after release after seeing my uncle play it. The games were too complex for portable play IMO and I should have gotten a DS. Even though it can play movies and you can surf the internet, I would rather watch a movie on a television and surf the internet on a computer, both of which are far superior to the PSP's abilities.

So yah, sorry if I offended anybody, but that is what I feel to be pretty dissapointing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't remember what game it was, but it was on the NES. After beating it (seems like it was pretty challenging) it said "CONGRATUATION!" They couldn't even bother spelling it right! Total disappointment.

Insert Coin (Level 0) WhatsMyUsername's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrItaliano2004

Yoshi's Island DS.

I LOVE Yoshi's Island and have played it to death beating it over 15 times (yet to do a 100% complete though =/). So when this came out I was extremely excited, i dknow what it was but something about it was disappointing. I think it had to do with all the gimmicks with different babies.

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts

I love the Banjo games and have been excitedly waiting for the next game to come out. Now it looks like it could be a good game but it's not like the original 2 at all which bugs me.
    Gamertag: WatsMyGamertagg

Every game can be enjoyable, you just need to be more creative with some then others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsMyUsername View Post
    Yoshi's Island DS.

I LOVE Yoshi's Island and have played it to death beating it over 15 times (yet to do a 100% complete though =/). So when this came out I was extremely excited, i dknow what it was but something about it was disappointing. I think it had to do with all the gimmicks with different babies.
    If I could've just played as Peach the whole time without changing it would've been a lot better in my book.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Easily Midnight Club: Los Angeles for me. I'm a big fan of the MC games, and just all racing games in general, and I wanted this game like burning the minute it was announced, but I'm damn glad I rented it first. It is just way too hard, or rather, the difficulty is too random. For those who don't know, ther are 4 difficulty levels, green, yellow orange and red, green being the simplest. Now, for some reason the game scales the difficulty on story based races, meaning you could, albiet not easilty, win a red labeled freeway race with a car that's not totally up to snuff, but, still have a bitch of a time winning a yellow story race with a top level tuner with all modifications.

The AI in story races is just too good, and thus your driving in return has to be perfect in the races, and I'm not kidding. In some races if you do so much as even just take a turn too wide, they all blow past you and that's it, you're not catching up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Final Fantasy XII

I bought the collector's edition on release day. The battle system was terrible and the story was uninteresting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Monkeyfracker

pokemon Colloseum. Only game that I ever pre-ordered. it sucked. damn.

runner up is Halo. which makes Halo 2 most surprisingly good game ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Myst and Taboo: The Sixth Sense are pretty high on the list of horrible games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmm....playing 7 hours straight to beat Loaded on the PS1 yielded very little to celebrate. If I recall correctly, there was a weak ass 6 second cut scene that played. Then the credits rolled. The Incredible Hulk, Spawn and The Crow City of Angels were all dissapointments as well, especially the Crow. So let me get this straight....I'm a walking undead badass that can't actually reach my enemies without being shot so many times that I lose two lives in the process? Thank Paul for cheat codes.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sonic Jam on Saturn. Wow, thanks for the 3D stage reminding me of what maybe could of been, even though it was very sluggish, and weird versions of the 16 Bit games.

Sonic Advenutre 2. I preordered it. Went to pick it up when I had a fever, and it was just.. ugh. I did not want to walk around as a stupid robot or search for emerald chards. Plus Shadow is a windbag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Biggest letdown...for me that would have to be Actraiser 2 for the snes. The first game was mindblowing. The second was a dumbed down side scroller that was way to difficult. I wanted to like it, but just couldn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

For me it has to be Master of Monsters for the ps - the genesis game was marvelous and the ps one was a pile of festering maggots IMHO. They ruined pretty much everything about it - improved graphics was about all it had.
    Last edited by Natty Bumppo; 01-09-2009 at 12:31 PM.
    When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    KingOfPain95

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    I can't remember what game it was, but it was on the NES. After beating it (seems like it was pretty challenging) it said "CONGRATUATION!" They couldn't even bother spelling it right! Total disappointment.
    The game you are talking about is: Ghostbusters (NES)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-State of Emergency(PS2)

I love GTA, I love Midnight Club, as well as most of Rockstar's other franchises... With that said, SoE is one of the worst PS2 games I have ever played! I was pretty interested in the game, being a R* fan and all. I thought to myself "no worry's" and I picked up a copy from the discount bin for $5. And I was still dissapointed, terrible/mindless gameplay, super repetitive missions, levels were very linear, lack of anything really interesting. Even playing with the cheat codes on, I got maybe a half an hour or enjoyment out of this. And I usually enjoy cheesy action games(I even thought NARC(PS2) was ok).

-DRIV3R(PS2)

I loved the Driver series back in the day, and I still think that Driver was one of the best games on the PS1. I was dumb enough to pay full price for DRIV3R, back in 2004. And while D3 was a decent game, it had nothing on the first two games. Overall I got some decent enjoyment out of the game, but once GTA:SA came out I never touched DRIV3R again.

-Super Mario Sunshine(GCN)

What a shame, after the incredible Super Mario 64 we get this?! I could go on forever, about why I was dissapointed in SMS, but I will keep it short and just say this: The whole water pack idea, while original, was a total waste of time.

-Luigi's Mansion(GCN)

See above, only replace water pack with vacuume(sp?)

-True Crime: Streets of LA(PS2)

I was pretty hyped for this one as well, after the mega success of GTA3, needless to say I think we were all dissapointed in Nick Kang and the rest of TC:SoL.

I could continue, but these are some of the biggest letdowns that I've had in the past generation of gaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

Here's a few for me:

- Glover (N64)
    I remember reading about this online and being excited about it (The whole concept of playing as a giant animated glove was unique), but the place I rented games at never had a copy avaliable to rent until 2 years after it's release. The game was a total letdown; the controls where confusing on top of the game's unforgiving difficulty made me regret renting this (Thankfully, I didn't actually buy it at full price).

- Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (PS2)
    I remember reading about people making Disgaea out to be the single greatest game ever made, and when I finally got to play it, I was left with a feeling of "When is this supposed to start getting interesting?". I sold my copy not long after.

- Diddy Kong Racing DS (DS)
    One picture and an announcement that they are remaking Diddy Kong Racing (One of my favorite games of all time) was all it took for me to be hyped up 20x more than any Halo fan was over the 3rd installment in their series. Needless to say, the game was the single biggest letdown ever; everything was half-assed right down to the horrible remixed soundtrack. The only redeeming factor was that the 4 new tracks where actually fun, but that was it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Top 5 dissapointments:

5- Bubble Bobble (NES) - boring boring boring.
    4- Donkey Kong Barrel Blast (Wii) - not even worth the $7 I paid for it new. I found it the least innovative racing game ive played since Cruisin USA.
    3- Luigi's Mansion (Gamecube) - argueably the worst release title ive ever played.
    2- GTA: Vice City (PS2) - complete dissapointment after GTA III. Small worlds. Quircky gameplay. Easy as hell missions. Just trash.
    1- Yoshi's Story (N64) - can any game look gayer then this one? I felt so embarrassed to ask for it when it was released and had to have someone else buy it for me. It was the biggest let down ive had after an epic prequel in the series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by retrocollectorguy View Post
    Top 5 dissapointments:

5- Bubble Bobble (NES) - boring boring boring.
    4- Donkey Kong Barrel Blast (Wii) - not even worth the $7 I paid for it new. I found it the least innovative racing game ive played since Cruisin USA.
    3- Luigi's Mansion (Gamecube) - argueably the worst release title ive ever played.
    2- GTA: Vice City (PS2) - complete dissapointment after GTA III. Small worlds. Quircky gameplay. Easy as hell missions. Just trash.
    1- Yoshi's Story (N64) - can any game look gayer then this one? I felt so embarrassed to ask for it when it was released and had to have someone else buy it for me. It was the biggest let down ive had after an epic prequel in the series.
    We must have completely different opinions since I really liked 4 of those games.

My biggest let down has to be Wind Waker. I just could never get into it. The boring sailing had a lot to do with it. I've never finished, but I got pretty far. Maybe I'll finish it someday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Malon_Forever View Post
    We must have completely different opinions since I really liked 4 of those games.
    Same here. To each his own I guess...

My biggest letdown from a game was probally Back to the Future2/3 for the NES. It wasn't all bad, just not what I was expecting at all. I frustratingly played through it because I KNEW that part 3 had to be better, but nope, more of the same...only harder.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ntanner

Quote Originally Posted by retrocollectorguy View Post
    Top 5 dissapointments:

If you're embarrassed to ask for a colourful game, I personally wouldn't blame the game...