Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Target/Sears/Best Buy/Toys R Us/Kmart Discount and Clearance Video Game Sales

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Target/Sears/Best Buy/Toys R Us/Kmart Discount and Clearance Video Game Sales

As most of you know, Target discounted tons of it's games after the new year and even created a $19.99 and below section that runs in an aisle adjacent to the normal games(atleast thats how it is here in Maryland). But recently they have been clearancing many of the regular and discount games. Among today's finds:

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror for PS2 $9.98
    Dead or Alive 4 for 360 $14.99
    Lego Star Wars: Original Trilogy for Xbox $4.99

I also saw discounted controllers and memory cards for the PS2. I'm sure you can find some pretty amazing deals in your local Target if you check it out. I just thought I'd share this info with you guys/girls.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 10-17-2009 at 03:20 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nevermind
    Last edited by gepeto; 04-05-2008 at 07:25 AM.
    neo geo system

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

see above^^^
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

An uninterested and uninvolved party feels the need to chime in. Members of this board who have spoken up before have had a point. These threads are useful to some (many even), but go against the grain of Modern (and Classic) Gaming discussion.

To quote:

"This is not cheapassgamer."

Another call to the mods and DP to add a Deals forum or something similar to corral these topics from being a fragmented mess. They are appreciated, but need a place to call home. They benefit no one as singular threads that warrant no discussion and drop off the first couple pages immediately.

To quote one of the baddest MF'ers out there:

GAME ON!

And thank you to those who look out for all of us and post the good info.
    Last edited by klausien; 04-05-2008 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Cinder6

To ignore the previous two posts...
    (Actually, I agree we need a Deals forum.)

Is DoA 4 worth $15? I only have a few 3D fighters (Bushido Blade, Soul Calibur, and VF4), and could pad out my collection (though I'm much more of a 2D fighter fan).
    Knowledge is Power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

DoA4 was pretty cool. Super cheezy boss, great graphics, tight control, online was kind of whack (whoever hosted had a mega advantage).

I sold mine since I figured I'd pick it up again for cheap later on, maybe this will be that time... but I doubt my local targe will have any. Maybe I'll drive down and check.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I get it. But is it necessary to create this thread when a thread dealing with the same thing was created 2 or 3 days prior?

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114990

2, 3, or 4 simultaneous target clearance or sale threads is a detriment to the cause. Really. Especially when they deal with the same thing.

These threads need to be merged, just like the last 2 circuit city sale threads were.

Insert Coin (Level 0) KeyserSoze61's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm of the belief that the existence of CAG negates the need for a deals forum. When I go online to look at gaming, DigitPress, CheapAssGamer, and Joystiq pretty much fulfill my every need. They are complimentary websites, not competing ones.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze61 View Post
    I'm of the belief that the existence of CAG negates the need for a deals forum. When I go online to look at gaming, DigitPress, CheapAssGamer, and Joystiq pretty much fulfill my every need. They are complimentary websites, not competing ones.
    i completely agree. this is BS. get these freaking threads out of here. stop posting them damnit!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love these threads but TheDomesticInstitution summed up my feelings on this one:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDomesticInstitution View Post
    But is it necessary to create this thread when a thread dealing with the same thing was created 2 or 3 days prior?
    Seriously, what's wrong with just bumping the one a page or two back with a heads up of your current finds on the clearance rack at your Target?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, these Target threads aren't very useful, since (as I pointed out in the other thread) each store does their own clearance. I don't think there needs to be a whole sub-forum, but I think a stickied "deals/sales/clearance" topic might be useful.

If the mods are looking at this, if we're talking about useless/overplayed threads, how about some sort of stickied "official Gamestop/EB bitching" thread as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gillian Seed X
    PSN
    RyJonJinn

Let the guy post what he wants to post. There are a lot of arses on this site, who always have to come trolling in on other peoples topics! If you dont like it, then do not post! But the dude was just trying to be helpful.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

Quote Originally Posted by Buns34 View Post
    Let the guy post what he wants to post. There are a lot of arses on this site, who always have to come trolling in on other peoples topics! If you dont like it, then do not post! But the dude was just trying to be helpful.
    no dude, this goes beyond "let him post what he wants'

this is not 4chan, this is not newsgroups and gamefaqs (yet even those last two has some catagories/moderation). this is DP, and you cannot post whatever you want, wherever you want. that said, deal and such do not related to Modern Gaming discussion anymore than stuff posted in the ebay/B&S/"what its worth" subforums -- thats why they are separate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I too like these threads -- I barely have the time to keep up with DP, and don't have the time to read CAG too. I've always thought there should be a "$20 and below" thread running that covers all kinds of finds like this, though I had pictured it more of a "this game just went 'Greatest Hits', better pick it up now if you don't want the crappy GH label". I know I missed a couple non-GH PSP and Gamecube games along the way.
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gillian Seed X
    PSN
    RyJonJinn

Then all a moderator had to do was move his post. No need to jump on all over the guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whoa, tough room. Anyway, I didn't know where to post this at, but if it's in the wrong place, by all means let the mods move it. Also, someone mentioned there was another Target thread. I only saw a Circuit City one. But again, if there are more, the mods can combine them. As stated in the first post, I was just trying to give my fellow gamers a heads up on some good game discounts.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have said this before, I like to hear about a "really good" deal. I don't get over to CAG all that much. It may have been covered there, but half of the posts on this board are discussed on other boards. I have gotten over a dozen really cheap games from these types of threads in the last few months. They are helpful to some of us. I dont see why people dont skip over them if they dislike them. I do agree with keeping them in one thread instead of posting them all over the place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you guys had such a huge problem with it, then why post to it and give it a bump keeping it on the front page. If you don't like it, seriously, just don't post to it.

It would be like me buying up a buttload of country cd's and then bitching that I wasted my money because I hate country. Seriously, if that many people didn't like it, it wouldn't be bumped to the front.

Sorry to rant, but I post on here like once a month now, and everytime I came back on, somebody starts up a good thread and people complain all through it.

I say, keep these threads coming. I don't have an account on cag and I don't post on joystiq.

I go to Target all the time. I will have to check it out to see if we have the same deals. I was told that DOA 4 is crazy hard, like retarded hard, but for 14.99, I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    If you guys had such a huge problem with it, then why post to it and give it a bump keeping it on the front page. If you don't like it, seriously, just don't post to it.

It would be like me buying up a buttload of country cd's and then bitching that I wasted my money because I hate country. Seriously, if that many people didn't like it, it wouldn't be bumped to the front.
    No... a more apt metaphor would be:

You started a post about how much you hated country music. Then a day later someone else starts an entirely new thread about how they hate country music, instead of posting to your thread. All the threads that were bitched about had a similar thread started a few days or a week or so prior. If people are gonna fill up Modern Gaming with "Deal threads," they need to post smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    to rant, but I post on here like once a month now, and everytime I came back on, somebody starts up a good thread and people complain all through it.
    Way to use up your one post for the month.
    Last edited by TheDomesticInstitution; 04-07-2008 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I was just trying to give my fellow gamers a heads up on some good game discounts.
    I, for one, appreciate it. Being married to an 8 month pregnant wife, and trying to keep up with my 2 year old daughter makes for very little "free" time... Hell, I barely CAG'd when I had free time
    Last edited by Mattiekrome; 04-07-2008 at 10:41 PM.

PSN: SouthRox