Thread: Team Fortress 2 = Team Uber Heavy

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Team Fortress 2 = Team Uber Heavy

I played 10 rounds tonight on Dustbowl, no time limit. It took about 4 hours. For the 2+ hours I was on defense the entire game came down to stopping the uber heavy-medic combo. Every round, all the time, just one constant stream of 1-2 uber heavy-medics.

Unless you want to play the game one way only, there's just no point in even playing it anymore.
    Thanks,
    Eric

info@japan-games.com
    eBay: Japan-Games

Insert Coin (Level 0) KeyserSoze61's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The medic-heavy combo is formidible, but a defense that knows what it's doing (with well placed turrets and the like) should be able to defend against it.

I also believe Valve should have included this image in the manual:

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That works, also well placed stickies to blow them back and force them to retake ground they'd previously covered. But it only works if people know about it, and playing with 7 other people not everyone knows about it and they shoot the heavy. Also, teams just uber up inside the respawn area and he can go active when they leave so shooting the medic doesn't do much when he starts ubering at the first sign of trouble.

Either way, it's making the game one-dimensional and that's the exact opposite of what makes it one of the best games out there.
    Thanks,
    Eric

info@japan-games.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Japan-Games.com View Post

there's just no point in even playing it anymore.

Are you referring to the entire game or the singular map Dustbowl? Bearing in mind dustbowl consists of 3 maps, what/why don't you want to play as...?
    Chet: It's futuristic, but that's a crate.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pull out a sniper rifle... one shot to the medic, one to the heavy. Problem solved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

I've always felt the Medic-Soldier combo to be of more offensive value than the much-lauded Medic-Heavy combo. The Soldier makes taking out turrets a breeze, which are really the only thing that can effectively dent a decent offensive combo involving the Medic. I really need to play again, but I've been disappointed with the fact that the PC is getting all of these updates while the 360 version remains the same (wonderful but a tad stale) game.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Right now I'm just playing Dustbowl since it's my favorite map. I actually host games on the 360 under my screen name, Shinjuku. So for now I'm talking about the use of the medic-heavy on those 3 maps.

Maybe the problem has been the rash of new players. I've been playing the game since it was Team Fortress Classic. I've noticed that a couple of newbies in the game can really make an impact, especially when they don't have microphones and can't hear what you're saying.

The new thing seems to be ignoring the first capture point (the one closest to blue) and setting up sentries at the second at the start of the game. That's been happening a lot lately. Last time I played we only had 4 team members guarding the 1st point while the other 4 were busy at the second. Needless to say we were slaughtered...then faced an uncontested 8-man rush at the second capture point. Then on the second map they did the exact same thing again...heh. I try to give tips and advice but if they can't hear me then they can't hear me...
    Thanks,
    Eric

info@japan-games.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Quote Originally Posted by Japan-Games.com View Post
    Right now I'm just playing Dustbowl since it's my favorite map. I actually host games on the 360 under my screen name, Shinjuku. So for now I'm talking about the use of the medic-heavy on those 3 maps.

Maybe the problem has been the rash of new players. I've been playing the game since it was Team Fortress Classic. I've noticed that a couple of newbies in the game can really make an impact, especially when they don't have microphones and can't hear what you're saying.

The new thing seems to be ignoring the first capture point (the one closest to blue) and setting up sentries at the second at the start of the game. That's been happening a lot lately. Last time I played we only had 4 team members guarding the 1st point while the other 4 were busy at the second. Needless to say we were slaughtered...then faced an uncontested 8-man rush at the second capture point. Then on the second map they did the exact same thing again...heh. I try to give tips and advice but if they can't hear me then they can't hear me...
    Boot their asses. The games I've been in where the host boots mic-less players in the lobby beforehand have almost always been the best matches.

Insert Coin (Level 0) consolecrusader's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    consolecrusader
    PSN
    consolecrusader

They ruined TF I played TFC competitvely in leagues for 5 years and it was a great game with a tight knit community and now they ruined it.