Thread: Obscure 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Default Obscure 2

Anyone else on here pick this up? I'm a sucker for Survival Horror games (they tend to be the only games I beat) and the $20 price tag is very pleasing to the eyes, so I picked the game up after we discovered it on our freight at work. Well I've played very little of the first one, I got the PC version for cheap at Big Lots and didn't play it very long since I found the controls awkward, but so far I'm really enjoying the game.

I like the whole switching between characters aspect and I like how if someone dies they give you the choice to start from your last save point, or continue on after watching your friend get their head torn off. The AI doesn't seem completely stupid, since it does switch between weapons when needed and really comes through when you make sure they have the right equipment. There's also an interesting feature where you pick up samples of a defeated enemies remains with a syringe and you can use it as health when the meter is full. It helps lessen the worry of being low on health packs and such, so it's a nice little thing to see.

Overall it's a nice little game, especially for it being a budget title and is a good addition to the Survival Horror genre.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a dedicated PS2 fan, this game is definitely on my radar for purchase. I don't even want it for the Wii because I don't think it's much different on the Wii.

I know it came out for $20 at Circuit City so I'm hoping I can pick it up there soon.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Wait, wasn't this an Europe only release? It got released in the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I still need to play the first one sometime...it didn't seem like that bad a title, from the gameplay vids I saw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was actually going to pick up the copy of the first one I saw at a local gamestop so I may have to check out part two if I like the first one.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Does the PC version fo this have Starforce? at least one in the series does, I'm pretty sure. No xbox version? Blah.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

The first one wasn't half bad. This one looks to be exactly the same. It released last week (4/1) in case anyone was curious.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Absolutely loving this game!

Playing it co-op and it's Resident Evil: Outbreak meets Silent Hill without the dull parts. It's just so well conceived. Save points are brilliantly implemented in sparse locations to increase the tension to make it to the next area. Co-op abilities such as lifting another player to find hidden items, and characters having specific abilities that others don't add to the uniqueness.

The game has some real funny dialog moments. There are some real "omg, they didn't say that moments". Definetely college humor. The CG-i is above average as is the presentation in general.

Graphic as well. People torn in half with entrails hanging out qualifies as good gore and hitting bloody sacks that scream while tripping to mushrooms qualifies as, freaky.

Switching between characters in different locales ala pulp fiction also keeps things fresh and the puzzle elements so far are on par with the best in the genre.

I'm not sure how long this game is, so far though I am THOROUGHLY enjoying it! Quite a surprise, thanks for the heads up on this title.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I saw this game at WALMART of all places today! I was "Wait - they got THIS GAME but not SNK's latest titles?!"

Considering BHvrd's description of the game, I'm surprised they actually bothered to stock it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Playing the game in two player mode is a pain in the ass. My girlfriend and I played for a couple hours last night and eventually gave up. It's a great idea in theory, but in practice it needs a lot more work. The controls playing by yourself are bad enough, but add another player who can wander off screen to die at will and you have a disaster.

Some of the environments are great re-imaginings of the Silent Hill franchise. That's the best I can say about it so far.