Thread: Madden 08 (Spanish version)...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Madden 08 (Spanish version)...

I know we do these "is this rare?" threads every so often, but I saw a copy of Madden 08 for PS2 in Spanish at Target once, and I've never seen one anywhere else. It disappeared and I never saw it again, but it made me wonder about whether or not it will be tough to find for PS2 completists. If you are trying to acquire every domestic PS2 release, you are a better man (or woman) than me.

I don't assume this game will be sought-after since it the North American Spanish version is probably very easy to find in Mexico and a sports game that will be replaced by a new one in the fall, but I wonder if it was heavily underprinted by EA.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by josekortez View Post
    I know we do these "is this rare?" threads every so often, but I saw a copy of Madden 08 for PS2 in Spanish at Target once, and I've never seen one anywhere else. It disappeared and I never saw it again, but it made me wonder about whether or not it will be tough to find for PS2 completists. If you are trying to acquire every domestic PS2 release, you are a better man (or woman) than me.

I don't assume this game will be sought-after since it the North American Spanish version is probably very easy to find in Mexico and a sports game that will be replaced by a new one in the fall, but I wonder if it was heavily underprinted by EA.
    I was actually price checking Madden 07 for Gamecube on Walmart.com a few hours ago today and apparently the Spanish edition of Madden 08 for PS2 is readily available on their site for like 20 bucks, which probably means it is all over web sites like Amazon, Target or Best Buy for the same amount.

Funny enough the picture in the actual description of the PS2 version on Walmart's site is of the 360 version but the listing says PS2. I wouldn't say it is rare, in the grand scheme of things, but depending on where you live, the average Walmart or Target probably doesn't feel the need to carry more than 1-2 copies (if they even stock any at all) since they assume it won't sell.

I'd happily get it to play (after a few price drops), assuming it was cheap enough and I could understand enough of the language, but I'd never entertain the idea of buying it thinking it will be worth anything or that it would be good to sit on and resell 10 years from now.

EDIT: Also $20 on the Target site and unlike Walmart's site, Target.com has got the right picture

http://www.target.com/Madden-08-Foot...espanol&page=1
    Last edited by bangtango; 04-11-2008 at 09:46 PM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Something tells me this version is definitely rare, at least when it comes to the amount of copies printed. I doubt EA really made that many copies to begin with.

It's a niche market - I mean, really, I don't know that many Spanish speakers in the USA that even WATCH American Football. We'd rather see real Football, or Soccer, like you guys call it. :P And the FIFA games usually have multiple languages in the disc, so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Something tells me this version is definitely rare, at least when it comes to the amount of copies printed. I doubt EA really made that many copies to begin with.

It's a niche market - I mean, really, I don't know that many Spanish speakers in the USA that even WATCH American Football. We'd rather see real Football, or Soccer, like you guys call it. :P And the FIFA games usually have multiple languages in the disc, so.
    Raiders Holmes!
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anybody know the SLUS code for the Madden NFL 08 en Espanol version for the ps2?
    I want to see if its different the Madden NFL 08 for the ps2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    Does anybody know the SLUS code for the Madden NFL 08 en Espanol version for the ps2?
    I want to see if its different the Madden NFL 08 for the ps2.
    You ought to be able to find it on the Target.com link I posted, a few posts above in this thread, which takes you straight to the game. At least I assume you will be able to.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nope, SLUS is a code on the disc, and on the side of the case. So its not viewable from that link. Someone who owns it and opened it, or has inspected a copy at a store, plus viewed its side would be able to see it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    Nope, SLUS is a code on the disc, and on the side of the case. So its not viewable from that link. Someone who owns it and opened it, or has inspected a copy at a store, plus viewed its side would be able to see it.
    Gotcha. Never knew that because I generally don't follow SKU's or any other codes (such as SLUS). Thanks for the insight on the term, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post

Man, I dunno, been a few years since I lived there, but the NFL was REALLY popular in South Texas, way more popular than soccer. And South Texas is like 95% Spanish speaking.

Could be regional, tho.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by smork View Post
    Man, I dunno, been a few years since I lived there, but the NFL was REALLY popular in South Texas, way more popular than soccer. And South Texas is like 95% Spanish speaking.

Could be regional, tho.
    True. I've never really been to South Texas that much... but up in Tennessee? Soccer was king. There were a few people who followed football, most notably my sisters, heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Madden NFL 08, is SLUS-21638.
    Madden NFL 08 en Espaņol, is SLUS-21705.

Different slus FTW!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hopefully down the road I can find this cheap like my spanish copy of Jade Empire I picked up for $2, I'm kind of a dork for the random foreign language release of a game.