Sorry for the delay, been busy with life and with the Activision contest here. I want to devote more time to the sleeper threads and review some great games. Please feel free to leave feedback on how I do and please comment on games whether good or bad as I love to hear it. This week is a game boy game and a great strategy game similar to Gemfire or North and South.

REVIEW

Have you ever met a game that came up to you out of crowd and said “I’m going to be a unique game and offer something totally different with gameplay”? This game said that to me and backed it up, KC has got to be one of the most enjoyable classic Gameboy games I’ve played in a long time. The closest game I can think of that resembles this game is Solaris for the Atari 2600 except this is set in Medieval times and has knights and wizards and the like and offers a lot of strategy combined with enough action to offer the perfect blend. You start out on the map screen which is divided up into quadrants like Solaris your members are spread out on one side and the enemies on the other, select a character and hit the A button to enter the playing field, the object of the game is to either kill off all of you foes or take over all of their castles which is accomplished by just walking through the area where it is located. You enter the playing field and walk around and collect items and the like and cross areas until you find an enemy and then fight him, you control and play like a character from the gauntlet series shoot a projectile which changes depending which character you are you can only shoot one projectile at a time and a beep sounds when you can shoot another, the object is to jump around fences, rocks, trees and other surroundings and fire at you opponent and defeat it. Each character has their own attributes a big enemy moves slower, but does more damage and has more life, a smaller enemy moves faster but has less life, defeat your opponent and you wander around until you find another enemy, get killed and the enemy returns with full health and its after him with another team member. You have several members to complete your task but you opponents can be sneaky and can take over your castles rather quickly sometimes, causing you to have to plan using some good strategy.
Graphics for an old game are quite detailed backgrounds look great as well as characters are all differentiable and have a lot of animation, music is also very pleasant and has a good soft medieval tune in the background, sound effects fit well too. Gameplay has many difficulty options boosting AI as well and creating bigger maps and more enemies as well. This is a game that will take a little while to figure out but has more depth that most games of the time for the Gameboy. This game can be had for dirt cheap and isn’t very rare, I’d recommend this game wholeheartedly.

Graphics 8.5
Gameplay 8
Control 10
Sound 8

Overall 8.5

Youtube Link

I don't want to get into Game Boy emulation so I found a Youtube video instead of pics, the guy plays like a retard so you may want to skip about halfway through the video but it works.

I actually have some Snes games for the next thread, I am going to do two at once to make up for lost time but for now enjoy.