Thread: Vectorman: Then and Now

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Vectorman: Then and Now

Well, Sega is releasing Vectorman for the PS2 (betcha can't tell which picture is the PS2 one). And, I hope they do a good job on it. But, my question is how did the game on the top, turn into the game on the bottom? Is Sega trying to make another Halo?

This is the Genesis description: After returning from your appointed dump-truck flight to the sun, you arrive on earth to discover it has been taken over by robots bent on the elemination of the human race. As VectorMan, you must defeat the crazed robots and their warped leader before it's to late. VectorMan is new from BlueSky Software, for play on the Sega Genesis.

This is the PS2 description: Gamers become Vectorman, a veritable walking arsenal, on an epic campaign to free his land from an oppressive robotic dictator, Volt, bent on galactic conquest. The game's dark storyline is packed with explosive combat and vast opportunities for exploration. Vectorman has all the resources he needs to take on Volt's evil minions including an arsenal of powerful weapons and upgrades. Whether they prefer the direct approach of guns-blazing action, or a more cerebral type of combat composed of sniping and full use of the environment, "Vectorman" will not disappoint.

Is this another sign of the times?

Cherry (Level 1) Eternal Champion's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It sure is a sign of the times. Why even call it Vector-Man?! I've been playing the Genesis game...this just looks like another....I dunno, fill in the blank. If you're going to call it "Vectorman", it should be related to what has come before...doesn't even look like Vectorman...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    E Nice Geo

I immediately thought Metroid Prime on seeing that pic of 3D Vectorman. Will the upgrades be the ability to morph into other forms, as he did in the Genesis games? Maybe having to earn the ability to do that? And then make use of it as in Metroid Prime?
    Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

look's cool but,does it play smooth at all .