Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sega 32X Cable

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sega only put it there to pass FCC Regulations.

Just like them metal plates and clips for both CD and 32X. Just for FCC regulations. Everyone knows that.

Oh, and if your referring to the picture quality over the Genesis only, that's because the 32X takes the clean RGB signals and NTSC/PAL encodes it by itself, with a slightly better encoder.

Once again nothing to do with the ferrite bead, but more of the encoding chips involved.
    Last edited by evildragon; 04-20-2008 at 04:48 PM.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evildragon View Post
    Sega only put it there to pass FCC Regulations.

Just like them metal plates and clips for both CD and 32X. Just for FCC regulations. Everyone knows that.

Oh, and if your referring to the picture quality over the Genesis only, that's because the 32X takes the clean RGB signals and NTSC/PAL encodes it by itself, with a slightly better encoder.

Once again nothing to do with the ferrite bead, but more of the encoding chips involved.
    Believe or not,I have done several testings with the so called,as you refer them to "Metal plates",for both the 32X and sega CD.....They are actually, electromagnetic RF shielding plates....And they do help,especially when there are many electronic devices near.....
    §ø Ï ζ Ξ Δ φ Ψ ς ώ ☆ ¿ ∞ ♪ ξ

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Screw it. I'm done talking with you.

You wanna spout nonsense, prove what you say, otherwise I am done helping you derail this thread.
    Last edited by evildragon; 04-20-2008 at 07:21 PM.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evildragon View Post
    Stop being so complicated.

We just call them metal plates, because it IS a metal plate.

But it was merely for FCC regulations.

Stop trolling, but since you seem to think they make a difference. Prove it! I dare you.
    Once again,"Stop confusing your opinion with fact"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ooXxXoo View Post
    Believe or not,I have done several testings with the so called,as you refer them to "Metal plates",for both the 32X and sega CD.....They are actually, electromagnetic RF shielding plates....And they do help,especially when there are many electronic devices near.....
    Oh shit dude, then I guess I should be getting MAD interference when I use my Multi Game Hunter (backup device) with my JVC X'Eye (OH NOES! there's no shielding between the Genesis board and SCD drive / daughterboard in there either!!) since it's basically a powered I/O system and a floppy disk drive sitting atop the JVC X'Eye connected with only an unshielded passthrough cartridge (similar to the smash that sticks out from the bottom of a 32X). Strange, I don't get any interference what so ever. Must be because of that big RF shield around the JVC X'Eye.. oh wait, there isn't one? Nothing at all?? Did you make sure to pad that Neptune "prototype" of yours with plenty of RF shielding?

Honestly I try to stay out of the threads you post in but I end up with a few occasional reads here and there when they get up to the top of the thread list. It makes my skin crawl to think that you're handing out service and usage advice - and always with the anal tinge of argument, for what seems to be only for the sake of being argumentative. There's a reason not many of us reply to threads you turn up in and it's not because you've answered a query so thoroughly it requires no further discussion. No, it's because we don't want to have to listen to the endless badgering about completely unimportant and trivial things it will bring on. So much to the point that after being grilled about every single detail we say "screw it, you win if you want it that bad" and move on, as is apparently what happened above. And who really gets shafted? Why, the person who originally needed some information of course!

The only place there seems to be an excess of shielding is around your skull.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    I know this is a stupid post, but I have to give you mad props on that line. Hahahaha!
    Move 'sig' for great justice.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Oh shit dude, then I guess I should be getting MAD interference when I use my Multi Game Hunter (backup device) with my JVC X'Eye (OH NOES! there's no shielding between the Genesis board and SCD drive / daughterboard in there either!!) since it's basically a powered I/O system and a floppy disk drive sitting atop the JVC X'Eye connected with only an unshielded passthrough cartridge (similar to the smash that sticks out from the bottom of a 32X). Strange, I don't get any interference what so ever. Must be because of that big RF shield around the JVC X'Eye.. oh wait, there isn't one? Nothing at all?? Did you make sure to pad that Neptune "prototype" of yours with plenty of RF shielding?

Honestly I try to stay out of the threads you post in but I end up with a few occasional reads here and there when they get up to the top of the thread list. It makes my skin crawl to think that you're handing out service and usage advice - and always with the anal tinge of argument, for what seems to be only for the sake of being argumentative. There's a reason not many of us reply to threads you turn up in and it's not because you've answered a query so thoroughly it requires no further discussion. No, it's because we don't want to have to listen to the endless badgering about completely unimportant and trivial things it will bring on. So much to the point that after being grilled about every single detail we say "screw it, you win if you want it that bad" and move on, as is apparently what happened above. And who really gets shafted? Why, the person who originally needed some information of course!

I'm sorry to inform you,but the JVC X'eye does have a thin layer of RF foil shielding.......I'm still proud of my Neptune that succesfully sold at Ebay and the new owner was very pleased(which I never stated that it had shielding nor that it was perfect in any way).....Wow!.....I can't believe that I can cause this much attention!....

You should put this much effort into your mods..Making them look a little better!..
    Last edited by ooXxXoo; 04-21-2008 at 02:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't like this thread. It's off topic. It smells bad.

Now I may have to single some of you out for my 'special attentions'.

>>LOCK<<
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!