Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are Wiis still hard to get?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    I haven't seen any around here"but I saw a used Wii at the Flea Market with a pile of Wii games..
    Seeing a Wii at the flea market was a first for me.
    How much did they want for it?
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably your first-born... no, wait a minute. That was the golden spindle. My bad.

Also shouting "Wrinkly Foreskin!" at flea vendors nets you the special insiders discount.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I didn't ask because I have dealt with him and his prices are always high...I'm going to guess $200.00-$225.00 without the games..Maybe $300.00 $350.00 with the games as they were the latest selling games/Mario Galaxy etc.(I get home that day and someone calls me wanting a Wii)

He had it set up next to a 32" HDTV.

With as many people that took a look at it I figure he sold it right away and kept a high price..He never seems to have the same stuff the next time I see him...

What weird's me out about this seller is the type stuff he comes with,he always seems to have someone's whole house/apt possessions with him,mainly everything that was in a living room.
    This current Wii set up was next to a 32" HDTV..with a coffee table,couches,shelves,DVD player.DVDs,CDs surround sound stereo,..with all knick knacks and other junk surrounding everything.
    Set up just like you'd see it in a persons house..It's like he cleans out Dead peoples apartments...either that or he's a burglar
    Each week is a similar type set-up,..Big Used HDTVs surrounded by whole living room set-ups
    This time he had a Wii as usually it's a 360

The next time I see him I'm going to ask how much did he sell it for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wiis are still somewhat difficult to find here...though here's an insider tip... If you want one, check your local Wal-Marts every Tuesday between 9 and 11 AM, or if they're advertised in the paper, check Saturday night at midnight. How do I know? I work in electronics at the Wal-Mart nearest to me.
    World's greatest Internet game store: http://blastedmachines.com

Also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/BlastedMachinesTechShop

Wanted: Any and all Dragon Quest, Lufia/Estpolis, Tales of series, and NIS games, strategy guides, and miscellaneous items. Will pay $$$ or trade well for items I don't already have.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate Monk3y

I think all stores need to just stock up on them and then have one day that they state like a week in advance and have people wait outside to get them. I did that last year with my dad around Christmas time. All night outside a Toys 'R Us. Cold night, but o such a happy morning. I honestly think they'd still get a pretty good turnout if they did it this way.

Aside from that the stores around me always say they get shipments like once a week either Tuesday or Thursday and there usually isn't more than two or three. To make it even more difficult the shipment could come anytime in between 9 and noon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran View Post
    In Columbus, Georgia and Montgomery Alabama they are everywhere. I see 3-4 on the shelves in every Wal-Mart/Target/Movie Gallery/etc.
    how is montgomery these days?

well here in the middle or Ga we have none, but every now and then a few Wiis get onto shelves, hardly long at all though. Well this christmas will be like 2006 christmas with the DS shortage. They'll still be sold out, but restocked when they can. Nintendo ought to start bringing out the color variant systems by now, so people will actually buy a pink Wii or light puke green one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Since the Wii launched in November of 2006, I've seen a grand total of 2 in actual stores. Both were in Target, 1 each in a different Target on two different occasions within the last year and a half. Until you can actrually walk into any video game/electronics store at anytime of the day and pick one up with little to no problem, the Wii will continue to be hard to find.
    I actually saw 3 in a store today. And that store was of course Target. One couple was buying one and there were 3 more in the case.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At April NAVA, someone was selling a Wii, but I forgot to ask for selling price. From what I tell, it is maintained greatly judging by looks and also stating he doesn't often play on it.

I'm surprised Joe didn't jump on the chance of getting the Wii at first glance.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yesterday while doing some shopping I saw tons of Wii's at Best Buy and Target. This was for the Sunday Mario Kart launch so I am not surprised. The Target near me had 80 Wii's they said and Best Buy had 50.

Two of my friends were buying Mario Kart and they said the same thing at the stores they went to. One has been looking for a Wii for about an month and got one today at Target. They were there about 2 hours after opening and there were still about 75+ Wii's.

I'm sure these Wii's will all sell out fast, but it looks like buying a Wii is pretty easy on a huge game launch day. WiiFit day would probably be the next one.
    Owner of PriceCharting.com and JJGames.com.
    Video Game Price guides for every game for every system from NES to Xbox 360.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

My Best Buy had over 50 left at the close of business yesterday, having sold maybe 30 or so.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Yeah, we finally picked one up at a Wal-Mart yesterday. Not sure how many they had in back, but there were three in the case when we asked for one at the counter. The guy just bent over an picked one out of a box. He had two boxes w/ 3 (i think) each back there. There was a stack of similar boxes back there, but I couldn't tell if they were the same or not.

Of course, now I have to get another controller, some games, a component cable, etc. New stuff is so expensive! It was my wife that actually decided to get it. My FiL was trying to talk me into it, but I was able to say no. SWMBO likes the Zelda Crossbow game, though.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Yeah I was in my local Wallworld tonight and they had a few Wii consoles in stock, I think their getting easier to get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone think the Wii drought will last until Christmas? I remember reading some news story shortly after launch where some analyst predicted the shortage would last until early 2009.

At the time I laughed it off and thought the guy was the worlds worst analyst but now it seems like it's actually going to happen.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I don't know about Wii consoles in NJ ... but I walked into a GameStop today and they had TWO Nyko Perfect Shots in the Wii accessory section!

I bought one, making my grand total of Perfect Shots' : TWO.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did hear someone say more were coming...and I actually saw a few at my local Wal-Mart a few days ago. As Colin Clive would say, "It's alive, it's alive!"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

These are definitely easier to find. The prices online are coming down very steadily too.

This is a chart of the average price per month from Amazon and Half listings. The prices online are getting closer and closer to the retail price so they are definitely getting easier to find. Source

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jjgames View Post
    This is a chart of the average price per month from Amazon and Half listings. The prices online are getting closer and closer to the retail price so they are definitely getting easier to find.
    Those charts don't necessarily mean Wii's are getting easier to find. They just show that Wii prices on Amazon & Half spike up during the holiday season.

I'd bet if that chart went back to April-May '07 (which was the only time I've seen a Wii on a store shelf), it also show Wii prices below $300 there too.
    Last edited by norkusa; 04-29-2008 at 02:01 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sure most of the price decrease from December is because it is no longer Christmas, but the prices are lower now than they were last August. And I don't think there was any holiday buying then. The average price then was $359. Now it is $296 and if you look at today's price, there are Wii's listed right now on Half for $259.

Compared to last year the Wii is much easier to find. The prices last May and April could have been the same, but I don't have any prices for back then so we can't know for sure. If the they were that low, then yes I think the Wii would have been just as easy to find as it is now.
    Last edited by jjgames; 04-29-2008 at 02:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

I was Target getting some thing, and I browse over video games section, and I see at least 6 Wii console in the showcase.

This mark the FIRST time (that I actually look) that I see the Nintendo Wii in stock as I have seen PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. There was no need to ask if any were there as they can be seen easy…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

The Target I work at got 79 on Sunday. As of 4 PM Pacific, we had 29 left in stock.

So yes, they're getting easier to find.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread