Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pretzel (Level 4) Dragon Warrior Jasen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Limited Edition Nyko "Kama" - Wii Wireless Nunchucks w/ reviews

Did anyone else see this? Nyko is releasing 4 limited edition colored Wireless Nunchucks, black, grey, pink, and gold. They are releasing 300 of black and grey, 250 of pink, and 150 of the gold.

Im usually not a crazed limited edition fan, but I picked up 2 of the black and grey, and will probably get 2 of the other colors too... mostly because I am a crazy collector. One to use, one to keep packed away

http://www.nyko.com/kama/

Ill be ticked if they release more than this, but we shall see!
    Jasen's Customs, Like it on Facebook!

Tutorials on SuperGuns
    http://www.thesupergun.com

Rocking Out a Digital Press since 2007
    My Feedback here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why do the 'Gold' nunchucks look exactly like the black ones?

Pretzel (Level 4) Dragon Warrior Jasen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Crazy... they have the gold duck on them!
    Jasen's Customs, Like it on Facebook!

Tutorials on SuperGuns
    http://www.thesupergun.com

Rocking Out a Digital Press since 2007
    My Feedback here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Cinder6

Why don't they actually look like kamas?
    Knowledge is Power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

where and when can we get regular wireless chucks...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Turntablist
    PSN
    DJ_Daishi

eh...pass, Nyko isn't exactly known for quality game accessories.
    -DJ

My EPIC "For Sale" Thread: CLICKY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm curious if anyone here as experienced this problem I've read about at another forum with these.

"When I start Mario kart with the wireless nunchuk turned on, the menu acts funny. I can't select my driver, it only goes to "settings" (and jumps around the settings menu if I select "settings") as if the analog stick is mis-calibrated. The only work-around is to turn off the wireless nunchuk before starting Mario Kart, then turn it back on when the game starts. It's a little annoying but so far that's the only game with that behavior."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
    I'm curious if anyone here as experienced this problem I've read about at another forum with these.

"When I start Mario kart with the wireless nunchuk turned on, the menu acts funny. I can't select my driver, it only goes to "settings" (and jumps around the settings menu if I select "settings") as if the analog stick is mis-calibrated. The only work-around is to turn off the wireless nunchuk before starting Mario Kart, then turn it back on when the game starts. It's a little annoying but so far that's the only game with that behavior."
    Frankie_says_relax- "Mario Kart Wii - The software wouldn't recognize the wireless Nunchuck when booted, but if you insert (or remove/insert if it's already in there) the Kama's dongle into the Wiimote after the game boots, it's fine. Again, flawless control and not a bad control setup for the game."

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMurf View Post
    Frankie_says_relax- "Mario Kart Wii - The software wouldn't recognize the wireless Nunchuck when booted, but if you insert (or remove/insert if it's already in there) the Kama's dongle into the Wiimote after the game boots, it's fine. Again, flawless control and not a bad control setup for the game."
    Exactly.

Not a huge deal to turn it on AFTER Mario Kart boots.

And honestly I prefer playing Mario Kart with the Wii Wheel ... I can't believe how great that setup works, it's like they spent most of the dev cycle for the game tweaking the Wii Wheel control setup.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks, I must've missed that.

The Wii wheel works well, but I've gotten much more accurate control using GameCube controllers, so I use my Wavebird.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

For the record, much like the issue reported with the Wireless Nunchuck, Mario Kart Wii doesn't recognize the OFFICIAL classic controller when the game boots up. You need to remove and re-insert that as well.

So, it's definitely a software issue with Mario Kart Wii, not the Kama.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My Nyko Kama Wireless Nunchuk Review

Hey, here's my review ;p Stolen my from dtoid blog :P

http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Dao...p--97435.phtml

Hey!

Just got my Kama in the mail and I'ma gonna review it! (like the title says, its a wireless nunchuk if you didn't know ^^)

Well a start note: I'm gonna be super picky. But this is just because I want everyone to know every nook and cranny of this fucker for when they buy it ;p.

So where to start? It's a wireless nunchuk ;p Which is a definite + from the very start.

Looks: Looks a lot like the regular nunchuk, a bit different size but nothing horrible. Has a wii-mote-esc power button on the right side and a little flashing light to the left of it. I think it woulda looked tons better if they both lit up so it would look like an alien head but hey it's passable! Says Nyko on the bottum front and has the FCC ID running down the side, which I thought actually made it look slightly better, not much though. The receiver at the end of the remote fits nicely. The C and Z buttons are clear, which look different and cool but don't light up which is a bit of a letdown But it's not like you look at the controller when you play :P

While it's not like a glove it doesn't look bad and is small enough to not get in the way of any wrist flicks. A grip at the bottom woulda been cool though...

So over all looks are pretty good.

The most important bit The response time. It was great, I was playing SMG and Metal Slug Anthology with it and I didn't have any problems at all. I think I noticed a tiny tiny lag from the shoulder buttons, but was so slight I bet it was my imagination, and if it wasn't it's so minuscule that it wouldn't bother anyone. I tried concentrating on just that for 15+ minutes and still couldn't tell if it was actual or my imagination, so you definitely can't detect it during gameplay.

Couple complaint's, though they may be specific to mine. On the knob, there's a slight cut into the plastic, it doesn't feel bad or anything but like I said I'm knitpicking. I think this is a specific case though. Also my C button is loose, and it clatters around when I shake it. Not really gonna be a bother at all, it pushes fine and it won't make noise during a game (since your fingers on it :P) but like I said, knit pick :P

The kama is also supposed to turn off after 20 seconds of no use, but that stupid light blinks to fast when it's not connected and annoys the crap out of me so I have to hold the power button down for 3 seconds. A long ass 3 seconds Wish they'd cut it down to 1.....

Also an FYI, the blinking leds are actually buttons you use to connect the kama to the receiver, took me a minute to get that one

Well that's all I got! Here's an actual pic (it doesn't look as slim as it does in Nykos picture) of what it is ;p

Final Judgment: Well my final judgment is torn ;p For 30 bucks, if your going to pick up another nunchuk I definitely think the kama should be the one. If you already have all that you need, is it worth a replacement? For me it was, I hate the wire and find it super annoying. I guess that's all a personal preference I guess ;p If you want wireless it's sold, but it is around 30 bucks so choose for yourself ;p

Hope it helps!
    Last edited by dao2; 07-30-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

Quote Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
    Also an FYI, the blinking leds are actually buttons you use to connect the kama to the receiver, took me a minute to get that one
    You too, huh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sabz5150 View Post
    You too, huh?
    yup