Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bosses that make you want to pull your hair out

Great Puma (Level 12) Chainsaw_Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bosses that make you want to pull your hair out

You know what im talking about the extremely most challenging and annoying bosses.

My picks are the end boss from Dragon Warrior 2 and the end boss from Fatal Frame 2
    My rotating want list http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101550

Your television doesn't care how angry you are with it. Turn it off and find something better to do with your time.-Beserker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Final Boss of Ys 3 (MD) was a true b**** !

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always had a rough time with the golem boss from RoboWarrior, but maybe that's because I was a kid...

I also have to vote for Death from Castlevania.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do optional bosses count?

If so, I'd have to vote for that bastard in FF X-2 at the bottom level of the 100 level dungeon.

I'll be honest here, I don't know his name, or whether it was a 100 level dungeon, but anyone who's familiar with this fellow will know who I mean. You need to beat him to get 100% completion and he is a total c*cksucker.

It wasn't me that played him either. I never got into FFX-2, my wife did. It hurt me just to watch that bastard let alone fight him.

edit: His name is Trema and he's located at the bottom of the Via Infinito.
    Last edited by c0ldb33r; 05-04-2008 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NOPHIX
    PSN
    Nophix

That friggin monster in Wily's castle on Megaman 2!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kamisama View Post
    The final boss of Ys 2 as well. I was maxed out and tried to beat him for a week but couldn't do it.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rugal in KOF 2003 Anniversary.

All bosses in most fighting games are hard at first, but then you learn a pattern or something to easily beat them. But he's a complete asshole in KOF 2003, it's just completely impossible to hit the guy! And it's only 2003 he's so hard, I haven't had problems with him on the other king of fighters games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IronBuddha View Post
    Rugal in KOF 2003 Anniversary.
    SNK is notorious for placing difficult bosses at the end of pretty much all of their fighting games from the past decade or so. Especially Geese, with his cheesewheel tactic of magically catching your hand/foot out of any move you do and tossing you around. BS in it's purest form!

The boss that almost made me cry like a baby would have to be Gabriel, the angel you fight in the Seraphim Gates portion of Valkyrie Profile (PS1). All of the enemies that you fight in this area are pretty tough as it is, but this boss was just a handful. Literally every move he hits you with kills you instantly....all you can do is pray that your characters who have their 'Guts' level maxed out will resurrect themselves or other members of your party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kamisama View Post
    +1. Also that alien in Wonder Boy in Monster World. He attacked in several ways at the same time, making it very hard to dodge and deal damage to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

I wrote about this back when DP had its own blogs. For some reason, any time I play any game involving Spider-Man, regardless of the console or game's age, I have an especially hard time defeating Mysterio. For a villain who has no inherent superpowers of his own the guy always seems to be a major pain to defeat in video games. It's like the game designers compensate for Mysterio's relative lameness as a character by making him insanely difficult adversary.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smashed Brother View Post
    The boss that almost made me cry like a baby would have to be Gabriel, the angel you fight in the Seraphim Gates portion of Valkyrie Profile (PS1). All of the enemies that you fight in this area are pretty tough as it is, but this boss was just a handful. Literally every move he hits you with kills you instantly....all you can do is pray that your characters who have their 'Guts' level maxed out will resurrect themselves or other members of your party.
    plus-fucking-one. oh my GOD.

To add to the thread ...

Being one of the few insane who did 100% completion on Viewtiful Joe, I have to say the Tiger boss, on Ultra-V Rated gets my vote. Holy SHIT. not only does he hit like a truck, but there are no markers to tell you when the punches he's going to throw - which MUST be dodged in order to do any real damage to him - are going to come out, or whether he's throwing low or high. You actually have to just listen to the way he grunts. One means he's throwing high, the other means he's throwing low. That son of a bitch was just terrible.

Speaking of Clover, most of the bosses in Godhand could be listed here, too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WiseSalesman View Post
    Speaking of Clover, most of the bosses in Godhand could be listed here, too.
    Oh, man... like the final boss, for example? You're running around, dodging his fireballs, fighting those demons and chipping away at his life bar for what seems like a year and a half and then, oh....what's that? He has another life bar?! For added fun, try playing the game in 'Hard' mode. Good God!! I considered myself to be pretty good at this game, but it took me about 2 weeks just to pass the first level on 'Hard'!! And I haven't made it further since then....

Another boss that'll make you pull out your armpit hair would have to be Gill, from Street Fighter 3rd Strike. Talk about throwing you into the lion's den with nothing but a toothpick for a weapon... this guy is a cheese sandwich on cheese-flavored bread. He can dizzy you in less than 3 hits and has a super that WILL hit and kill you instantly, whether you block it or not and no matter where you are on the screen. Of course, if you are able to jump up and hit him out of it in the less than one-second timeframe that you are given after he enacts the move, well, maybe you just might stand a chance. Even after all of these years, I still have a difficult time beating this douchebag consistently.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smashed Brother View Post
    Another boss that'll make you pull out your armpit hair would have to be Gill, from Street Fighter 3rd Strike. Talk about throwing you into the lion's den with nothing but a toothpick for a weapon... this guy is a cheese sandwich on cheese-flavored bread. He can dizzy you in less than 3 hits and has a super that WILL hit and kill you instantly, whether you block it or not and no matter where you are on the screen. Of course, if you are able to jump up and hit him out of it in the less than one-second timeframe that you are given after he enacts the move, well, maybe you just might stand a chance. Even after all of these years, I still have a difficult time beating this douchebag consistently.
    That doesn't even take into account the fact he can completely heal his entire life meter.

One I've been trying to hammer down recently is Melinda from Arcana Heart. Infinite super meter, has access to the powers of every single arcana in the game and everything she does has multiple hits for massive damage plus guaranteed knockdown. It's hard to get close to her too since she constantly uses pop-up arcana that blocks out any projectiles or jump-ins. I'm whittling her down pretty good now but she's definitely the boss that's making me spout profanity right now.

Most of the bosses from KOFXI aren't too healthy for your blood pressure either.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From the 8-bit NES, the Guardian Legend's Red Grimgrin and dam he was a b@st@rd in every sense of the word. He'd bombard you with his hideous eyeballs while moving around the screen like a drunken Jackie Chan. When finally popped out of his eyes, he floods the screen with more eyeballs! The real kick in the pants of me is the jerk's arrogant smile as he killed me every single time. I can't count how many time I lost to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Viraneth

The final bosses from both MW games on the Xbox. The papa roach playing in the background on MW2: Lone Wolf really didn't help either.

As well as the final boss of Gungrave and the final boss of SOTN. D:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate to pick such a relatively easy boss, but Safer Sephiroth. First time I fought him I was at level 54, which is right when his stats double. It's like, at level 51 and lower, everything's fine. If you did some insane levelling, or at over level 52, he doubles his stats. If that's the cas, you need to be level 70-something. So yeah, it was annoying.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Death in Castlevania.

Also (not a boss) but those shooting laser astronauts in NES TMNT
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Viraneth

Quote Originally Posted by ssjlance View Post
    I hate to pick such a relatively easy boss, but Safer Sephiroth. First time I fought him I was at level 54, which is right when his stats double. It's like, at level 51 and lower, everything's fine. If you did some insane levelling, or at over level 52, he doubles his stats. If that's the cas, you need to be level 70-something. So yeah, it was annoying.
    amn. I have to say, Sephiroth in KH, in the coliseum, was a beast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate Shao Kahn, stupid cheap bastard.
    zomg I have a sig

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

The Death battle in Castlevania X: Rondo of Blood. It made me pull my hair out the first time through. Also, the Dracula and Death combo battle in Portrait of Ruin, while we're on the Castlevania train.