Thread: Colecovision Meteoric Shower

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Colecovision Meteoric Shower

In the description of the rarity guide it says literally regarding this game :"Questionable whether it actually exists in cartridge form."

I already read this years ago when I was still actively collecting retro games but I had hoped that this sentence would have been removed by now.

The 3 BIT Corp games Tank Wars, Cosmic Crisis and Meteoric Shower are very rare but are all legitemate games of which I have found 2 or 3 copies of each game. All were bought in larger lots that had been stored in people's basements or attics since the eighties. (I live in the Netherlands)

I also have kept a picture (is it allowed to post pictures here?) of a boxed example of Meteoric Shower from an Italian Ebay auction from 4 years ago.

Finally I know another Dutch collector that has all 3 games in his posession, boxed! Which were originally purchased by him. He even has the games catalog from the firm of which he purchased the games that lists all 3 Coleco BIT games for sale! Purchased in the eighties of course.

I hope that in future editions it can be changed that the Meteoric Shower cart DOES actually exist and was, although probably in limited quantities, a regular Colecovision cart in a few countries.

Peter

EDIT:

Here is a picture of the boxed Meteoric Shower:

Here a picture of the cart I had in my personal collection:

If it is not allowed to put pictures in a post I apologize I could not find information in the FAQ.
    Last edited by Northwinds; 05-13-2008 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Adding links to pictures.

Strawberry (Level 2) Nitrosport's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can post pictures by uploading them to tinypic.com and posting the link they give you here.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We know the cart exists now, the Colecovision editor just has to change it on his end and resubmit it. The new guide is slowly being worked on and it should be updated for that. For now you just have to be patient.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy View Post
    We know the cart exists now, the Colecovision editor just has to change it on his end and resubmit it. The new guide is slowly being worked on and it should be updated for that. For now you just have to be patient.
    Who is the ColecoVision editor?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mumbai View Post
    Who is the ColecoVision editor?
    That would be me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PingvinBlueJeans View Post
    That would be me.
    Not sure what your priority list is, but the CV guide is in sore need of revision throughout.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mumbai View Post
    Not sure what your priority list is, but the CV guide is in sore need of revision throughout.
    I know...it will happen. I'm working on revisions for the print edition of the new DP Guide...as that is first priority. Work should be completed by early July. The online guide will be updated soon after.

There will be many updates, including new game credits and prototype information as well as some updated price and rarity information. If there are any glaring errors that need to be addressed, feel free to send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwinds View Post
    The 3 BIT Corp games Tank Wars, Cosmic Crisis and Meteoric Shower are very rare but are all legitemate games of which I have found 2 or 3 copies of each game. All were bought in larger lots that had been stored in people's basements or attics since the eighties. (I live in the Netherlands)

I also have kept a picture (is it allowed to post pictures here?) of a boxed example of Meteoric Shower from an Italian Ebay auction from 4 years ago.

Finally I know another Dutch collector that has all 3 games in his posession, boxed! Which were originally purchased by him. He even has the games catalog from the firm of which he purchased the games that lists all 3 Coleco BIT games for sale! Purchased in the eighties of course.

I hope that in future editions it can be changed that the Meteoric Shower cart DOES actually exist and was, although probably in limited quantities, a regular Colecovision cart in a few countries.

Peter
    Thanks Peter. I was 99.99% sure that these three existed, so thanks for confirming that. I'd love to see pics/scans of all three boxed if there's any way that can be arranged.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I've got a Meteoric Shower cart as well, so let me know if there's anything you need for verification or documentation, Mr. Pingvin.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a italian collector and i have Meteoric Shower and Tank Wars from Bit Corp in boxed condition. (w/manual)
    Years ago i have make a thread about these games in this forum.
    The photos of meteoric shower is same as mine ...in mine?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Were these ever released in the US or Canada, that is the question.