Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SNES Reproductions

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SNES Reproductions

I am attempting to make some super nintendo repros. There are not many sites or people that seem to do the snes ones so I will try to make my own. I am starting with Secret Of Mana 2 I have the eproms programmed but I don't know which carts will work as doner carts, the only cart recommened i've seen is Illusion Of Gaia and I don't really want to destroy that one. Anyone know of any sites or suggestions. Thanks for your time. If this thread is inappropriate I apologize and lock it please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey!

Can't help you on your quest there, but when your all setup and ready to start pumping out SoM2s I'd be intersted in one so drop me a line please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Viraneth

So am I. I really can't help you, but I suggest checking wikihow
    For the glory of the Lion, and for the Emperor!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://snesdev.romhack.de/som2.htm

Just noticed that you said you knew about that one. But yeah, I don't think there is a list of pcb types that would help you out. I will make one up if people send me high quality PCB scans.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's a long shot, but you could try emailed someone at gamereproductions.com

And good luck, it'd be cool to have somehow who does snes games. So many good rpgs with translations to get!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you for the responses. I was able to find a suitable list after some searching. Does anyone have any experience making labels? The electrical part and putting it all together is no problem but I don't have a lot of experience with making labels. If someone can make me a label that I can print and put on the cart I will give them a free copy of the game once it's done for their time. Again, thanks for the help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can mess with that. Do you need someone to just design it, or do you need the printing and all?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a printer that should work fine and I will buy sticker paper and laminate. I just don't have the time to sit down and mess with the labels. This is the last week of the month for us coming up so i'll be lucky if I work under 60 hours. I can also pay you for your work / time if you would prefer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nah, a free cart would be cool. SoM is one of my favorite games for the system, so I'd like to check out the sequel. Do you have any sort of timeframe for this thing? I'll start messing with it when I get a chance.

Also, are you using a translated rom or the original? Should the label be as if it were for a US release?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am using a translated rom, so i'm looking for a label the same as any other US snes game has.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is no time frame whenever you get a chance to work on it is fine. Thanks for the help.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you get the hang of it and are ever interested in making reproductions for sale, let me know.

I'd love to play through Shin Megami Tensei I & II in English. There's already a good translation available, but no one to put it all together for play on an SNES.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have done a couple of snes carts myself, so if you want I can show you a relatively easy way to make your own labels. Also, I am very interested in how the wiring of the eproms goes and what cart you used. I'm sure we would all like to see how you went about it, and the results.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chaddybones
    PSN
    Chaddybones

Im a little late on this one. Hopefully MadTitan got things going as I too am looking for someone who would like to make SNES carts. And Ill definetly be puttin some cash in your pocket thats for sure. So many translations come to mind.

Anyway, as for Secret of Mana 2. Has anyone ever heard of the 3 Player hack? SOM2 originally only supports 2 players instead of 3 like SOM1, so with the hack you can support up to 3 players. Just thinking, if your going to make english copies of SOM2, why not get that 3 Player hack in there as well. (Im trying to get a 3 Player Hacked Copy. I Started and finished SOM1 with 2 of my buddies on the SNES. Looking to start SOM2 with the same 2 friends instead of just one of them.) If you dont have it already, ill post one on Zshare. Ill leave a link at the bottom.

So Im quessing anyone here who is a fan of SOM1 is also a fan of Secret of Evermore. Still no where near as good as SOM but it runs on the same engine and all in all its a good game. But unlike SOM it didnt support any multiplayer. This suckes alot of the fun out of it for me as I really enjoy playing multiplayer on SOM1. But a solution to that as well! I also have a 2 player hack for SOE which I would REALLY like to get in cart form!

Another amaising game that comes to mind is Terranigma. If you've played this game you know what Im talking about. Definetly one of the best Action RPG's for SNES. And this too Id really like to add to my collection.

Id also like to help you in anyway possible in terms of labels if you require any. And with that beeing said, here 3 Labels for the 3 games I just talked about.

If these are too small just let me know and Ill make them bigger.

Heres the Labels and the Roms:
    Labels - http://www.zshare.net/download/14421853fa1cca38/

Hope to hear some good news from MadTitan.
    Last edited by BadChad; 06-29-2008 at 09:13 PM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Rom links are a big no-no here.

And Secret of Evermore has nothing to do with the Mana games. They share no code between them. Evermore was made outside of Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chaddybones
    PSN
    Chaddybones

Sorry about that. Removed the link. I can alwais just e-mail them to him.

The engine of Secret Of Mana is still very much similar to Secret Of Evermore.
    Last edited by BadChad; 06-29-2008 at 09:14 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope you get this working. If you are willing to sell, please let me/us know.
    YouTube: MasonSushi---- http://www.youtube.com/user/masonsushi
    NintendoAge: MasonSushi
    Licensed NES- Complete....32X Complete
    N64- Complete....Master System (CIB)- 8 left
    TG-16 Hu - Complete

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

All this bullshit hype over reproduction carts is exactly why I want an SNES copier. Not to mention a stack of floppies with official looking labels would look awesome. I like way too many SFC games to pay $60 a pop for a translation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chaddybones
    PSN
    Chaddybones

Yeah I know what you mean. But im quite the collector so Id have no problem pumping out $60 or so to have these made in cart form. But yeah theres definetly a good few games Id like to have made.

As for official looking labels, I redid the 3 labels. Made them bigger for better print detail, and I added a couple things to make it look more official like the cerial code and the made in japan. (Cerial codes are from the original carts)

Heres the Secret of Mana 2 Label:

All 3 Labels can be downloaded here: (Secret of Mana 2, Secret of Evermore, Terranigma)
    http://www.zshare.net/download/14458570ae040e44/#

That should take care of the labels for MadTitan. If you need anything els just let me know and Ill whip one up.
    Last edited by BadChad; 03-07-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

One, you should probably PM MadTitan, I don't even know if he's even seeing this thread.
    Secondly, your label looks nice. But it's not real looking either. Not that I was talking about yours when I made my original comment. But hey, your can of worms. So here goes: The original image is too grainy. I realize it's tough to find good quality scans online and cleaning it up is no small task. But it's IS grainy. The top logo is jagged. That's easier to fix and just needs a bit of anti-alising with the black background.

Not that anything I'd put on a floppy would look fantastic, but then they are cheap and disposable. I have bought a few NES reproductions and I'm happiest with the quality of the cartridge I designed myself. In future if I commisioned more I'd make certain to only use my own label designs.

And third, I don't see how being a collector equates to overpaying for homebrews. I realize MadTitan hasn't released an asking price, much less confirmed whether or not he can even make the carts. But I've never seen anyone ask under $60. It's your money, have fun with what you do with it. But personally, for $60 I could find a nice complete SNES RPG. Colecting for me is about the hunt, not the deeper pockets.
    Last edited by Daria; 06-30-2008 at 10:36 AM.