Thread: Sixaxis won't turn off with the PS3 button

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sixaxis won't turn off with the PS3 button

Out of nowhere my controller will not turn off the system from it. It brings the screen up and gives me the options to turn off the system and turn of the controller, but it won't let me click either. I have to shut it off from the back. Anyone else seen this? How do you fix it? The x button works just at the shutdown screen I can't choose anything.

All was fine until I did the 2.35 update this morning. I had another controller from and it worked fine. I tried the resync button and it still wouldn't work. It definately worked fine this morning because I quit a game and ejected the disc and powered down for the update.

Does the update brick controllers? I think the ps3 has way too many of these updates. Any hope for the controller?
    neo geo system

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto View Post
    Out of nowhere my controller will not turn off the system from it. It brings the screen up and gives me the options to turn off the system and turn of the controller, but it won't let me click either. I have to shut it off from the back. Anyone else seen this? How do you fix it? The x button works just at the shutdown screen I can't choose anything.

All was fine until I did the 2.35 update this morning. I had another controller from and it worked fine. I tried the resync button and it still wouldn't work. It definately worked fine this morning because I quit a game and ejected the disc and powered down for the update.

Does the update brick controllers? I think the ps3 has way too many of these updates. Any hope for the controller?
    Strange...

the 2.35 update was a week or so back.

But all of my controllers work fine...

...I'll see if I can track down some info on this.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As of update 2.35: In case of emergency, Playstation 3 users are required to use the provided emergency shutdown sledgehammer to perform emergency shutdown operations. If the emergency shutdown sledgehammer is not available, a power supply from an Xbox 360 may be used.

This was all spelled out in the update documentation.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Update. Thanks everyone.

Controller was bricked. I dissassembled the controller and disconnected the battery. I waited 5 minutes and reconnected it and it now acts normal and turns it the ps3 off. So the battery will have to completely die or do this. One note when you take it apart a little piece of black plastic will come loose that piece (I was like where does this go ) it sits on top of the resync button.
    Last edited by gepeto; 05-20-2008 at 06:11 PM.
    neo geo system