Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who likes WiiFit?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default So who likes WiiFit?

I picked mine up today, it's awesome! I am highly impressed. Better than my expectations, and of course they were pretty low. I also picked up "We Ski" by Namco, and I applaud the use of Miis in this third party game! Both great titles, here is to hoping that more quality titles come out for the balance board soon.

-GAC-
    #vbender

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I spent a little time playing with one this afternoon that our company purchased for the common room and in some ways I am impressed with it, but I just don't understand what justifies a $90 price tag. The balance board is very sturdy, but it seems like this could have been sold for $60 or maybe $70, especially since other games are going to start utilizing it. I don't know that I will buy one just yet, maybe in a year or so when it drops a little.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went to get a copy this morning around 10:30, and they were sold out. Apparently there was a lineup before the store opened. Curse you soccer moms!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    gutpocket

Way fun!

I think it was worth the $90(the balance board seems like a very more intricate accessory then a guitar hero controller, but i dont know)

Good thing it came with batteries I would have been upset if it didn't.

Good game, fun and I can't wait to try We Ski and future balance board games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I called around to the nearby Target stores and all sold out. Called the Walmart down the street and they had about a dozen at 10:00 AM this morning. Of course, I went and snagged one. Waiting to open it up when my wife comes home. Sounds like it will be lots of fun !

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good chance I will pick it up just to have the balance board and get the skiing game. Is there any snowboarding in it? That would be sweet...
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got Wii Fit this morning from my pre-order. I think it is very fun from the initial bits I have played. The hoola hoop and jogging can be a pretty good work out if you push yourself a bit.

The balance games are really fun too. I liked ski jump and the marble game the most.

My wife setup her user info too and she is excited for us both to play tomorrow night. It is a great game to get other people to play. You can't really play together but you can talk about it and compare changes and stats.
    Owner of PriceCharting.com and JJGames.com.
    Video Game Price guides for every game for every system from NES to Xbox 360.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got about 0:40 in today and unlocked a few features. I found it to be a lot of fun. My girlfriend is getting in on it too so we'll have some fun seeing what each other has been accomplishing. I think tomorrow we'll trying the two-player jogging so we can do something on the game at the same time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm up for it. I'll probably pick this up over the weekend if I can find it. I am a peripheral whore (as well as a compilation whore) and love different ways to play games. I am eager to do some skiing personally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want to buy Wii Fit! I'm just getting into Mario Kart Wii now, so maybe next week. I still have to play No More Heroes, too. I'm getting backed up!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I enjoyed selling it for $140 on eBay and making an easy 25 bucks. Otherwise, I have no interest in it and will never purchase it again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm getting a huge kick out of listening to the fat stupid dorks at work talk about how it's such a great thing, and how they'll be in great shape by the end of the month, and what a great deal it is compared to a gym membership...

I laugh in my hand then go work out with the free weights for a couple hours...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimid2 View Post
    I'm getting a huge kick out of listening to the fat stupid dorks at work talk about how it's such a great thing, and how they'll be in great shape by the end of the month, and what a great deal it is compared to a gym membership...

I laugh in my hand then go work out with the free weights for a couple hours...
    Those are probably the same people that get winded by a bout in Wii Sports Boxing. I've heard a lot of the same thing, like people that think doing Wii Fit is going to somehow offset the three Taco Bell burritos they had for lunch.

I have tried Wii Fit out, and I might get it for the yoga stuff (I have a bad back and have to do a lot of stretching for it) but if anyone is expecting any sort of serious weight loss from playing it, they've had some really good Kool Aid.

There's a few games that will actually give you a good workout like Mocap Boxing and DDR, but honestly Wii Fit doesn't give you any more benefits health-wise that a good long walk could give you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Koch View Post
    Wii Fit doesn't give you any more benefits health-wise that a good long walk could give you.
    That's not true. Walking won't get a person's heart rate high enough to make his or her body start burning fat, but Wii Fit could.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimid2 View Post
    I'm getting a huge kick out of listening to the fat stupid dorks at work talk about how it's such a great thing, and how they'll be in great shape by the end of the month, and what a great deal it is compared to a gym membership.
    Their expectations might be a little unrealistic, but at least they're excited about exercising and improving their health. It's better than sitting in the basement playing World of Warcraft for eight hours at a time.
    Last edited by Rob2600; 05-22-2008 at 08:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    That's not true. Walking won't get a person's heart rate high enough to make his or her body start burning fat, but Wii Fit could.
    Don't be so silly! Walking burns calories. Even calories stored as fat. TONS of people have lost weight by walking.

At least Nintendo has tapped into one of the biggest complaints about gaming and turned it into a feature!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by punkoffgirl View Post
    Don't be so silly! Walking burns calories. Even calories stored as fat. TONS of people have lost weight by walking.

At least Nintendo has tapped into one of the biggest complaints about gaming and turned it into a feature!
    Yes, walking burns calories, but it's a far less efficient and effective way to lose fat than sprinting short distances...unless you know people who can get their heart rate up to 140+ bpm just by walking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Got it from Amazon.com yesterday....picked up We Ski the night before.

Wii Fit is fantastic. My fiancee and I are really getting into it.

We Ski isn't that impressive...maybe I need to spend some more time with it...not sure.

Between Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, and Rock Band on the PS3 I won't need any new games for a while.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    Yes, walking burns calories, but it's a far less efficient and effective way to lose fat than sprinting short distances...unless you know people who can get their heart rate up to 140+ bpm just by walking.
    I do. In fact, I am usually between 145 and 155 doing a 14 minute mile. Walking.

Cherry (Level 1) atari_overlord's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First of all I am loving wii fit. You may not be losing biggest loser type weight but the stretching alone is worth admission. My only complaint is the amount of time it takes to do a lot of the exercises. 30 min of banked exercise takes about 1hr15min of actual time with menu navigation and all the comments from the trainer. They should have a playlist option so you can create your own workout and it just goes from one exercise to the next. I guess its not that big of a deal but I could get in and out of the gym with a real complete workout in 45min. And I know the game really isnt designed to replace a gym but Nintendo is usually so good about giving the people who want more depth in their games options.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Of all the things I thought would kill me on this earth, a video game would not have been my first choice.

I'm loving it. I actually already dropped 11 years on my Wii Fit age, but truth be told...having done a lot of the yoga and strength training...I'm hearing things crick and crack on my body in locations I didn't think could crick and crack.