Thread: The arcade has expanded again....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The arcade has expanded again....

So I picked up 4 more machines in the last 2 weeks or so. They need some work, but for a total cost of $0, how can you go wrong?
    Anyways, last week we cleaned out the warehouse, and threw out some old jukeboxes, cigarette machines, etc. I picked up two tabletop games. I've never seen anything like them before. They are about the size of the OLD Merit machines (the wood sides with the orange fronts, 5 buttons, trivia ONLY), but these cabinets are red metal, and heavy as S.O.B.'s. Anyways, one of them is a Neo Geo with Super Sidekicks 3 in it. Works, but needs control panel wiring, and the monitor is missing one color (blue?).

The second machine is the same cabinet, but has a trackball on it, and a Taito board in the cab?? I don't recall Taito having anything JAMMA with a trackball...Anyways, I have not plugged this bad boy in yet as the cord has bare wire exposed all over the place. Probably not the safest thing to be plugging in till I replace the cord, and see what the deal is with this game.

Yesterday I picked up two more cabinets from a local operator I know quite well. He was getting rid of them, and asked me if I wanted them. First machine is a Terminator 2. Works when it wants to. I don't think it's a power supply issue as he IS an operator, and has pretty good tech knowledge, so I need to look into this a little further.

The other machine I picked up is a Lethal Enforcers. No side art, but is is a dedicated cabinet, only problem is the guns don't work. Not a problem as he gave me the gun shells and cables. 2 gun boards, and I'll be playing Lethal Enforcers in the basement. Very good game IMO.

So, if I count correctly, I am at 35 machines now, plus boards. I've really gotta sell some stuff. I'm running out of room

Anyhow, that's the latest here. Unfortunately, since I just moved, everything is in pieces and piled in the basement. Once it's organized, I'll post pics (but it may be a while).

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

Sounds like you have a nice arcade going and got a good score with these latest machines, I await photos!

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

If I'm not mistaken, Puchi Carat is a Taito/JAMMA/trackball game. Quite fun, too.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could very well be, I know it isn't Arkanoid, so what's left? I'll find out when I (eventually) plug it in, hopefully it works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are they table tops or candy cabs? The only red one I could think of off the top of my head is the Namco Exceleena, most others only have a little red with mostly white (Taito Egret II, Atomiswave cabs, etc.). If you are looking to unload them and they are indeed candy cabs, shoot me a pm with some pics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nope, not candy cabs. They are countertops, never seen anything like them before. Maybe they are some kind of conversions from an old trivia machine or something. Soon as I can find my camera, I'll try and post some pics, see if anyone else has any idea what they might be. BTW, picked up 8 more machines the other day.
    Rowe Jukebox - plays 45's- needs work
    Air Raid? - Some vertical shooter in a Centipede cab, I've never heard of this game.
    Pole Position II - I believe it's converted from original, but it works
    Golden Tee '97 - Ninja Turtles conversion
    Neo Geo 4-slot - The red monster, has only 2 games in it, Sonic Wings 3 and Nam 1975.
    Neo Geo Gold - Has Magician Lord and Ninja Combat in it, works ok
    Spider Man - dedicated cabinet, actually rather nice condition.
    Final Fight -converted from a Williams cab. (Defender or the like) - Works, but needs monitor tune-up.
    Did a favor for another operator, and this was the "pay" for helping out. Very generous, I thought. So this puts me (if I count correctly) at 42 coin-op pieces of equipment in my posession. (I can't say in the basement, 'cause they-re not all here yet.) But, if I counted correctly, I am at 42 currently.