Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
The thing is, and it's been supported by other members in this thread and elsewhere, is that there was, and still are a very large faction of NES users out there that DON'T KNOW/DON'T BELIEVE that's what happens when you blow onto an NES cartridge.
Good for them. They're morons.

Yes, that goes for the people here and elsewhere who do this despite being told otherwise - you know who you are :P

Of course, many members here swear by erasers to clean NES carts, instead of using 99% isopropyl alcohol like they're supposed to. A related issue, that's all.

Yes, WE believe it to be true ... but some people that I meet don't.
You don't see me sacrificing SMB/DH carts because I loose sleep over it (I don't). Much more productive to challenge people directly and tell them the score.

I'm sorry if I'm not properly representing the quality/integrity of the Mythbusters brand via my scientific method...I thought that it was pretty obvious that I was just trying to be cute/clever with that association.
I never asked to be thanked for pointing out an important difference between what they do and what you're doing because I thought it'd help you, but likewise I don't have anything invested in their brand, so relax!

Again, this is just for fun. I'm really not sure what the big deal is.
Strange idea of fun you have.