Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Jimmy:
    Yeah, my system has the "Licensed or Produced By" startup screen. I personally don't care. I don't own any imports.

Anyway, I dug up my only A/V cable, plugged this sucker into my loose Sega CD 2 system, and it works! I now have a fully functional system. Well, other than the broken CD door thing (it keeps thinking the door is closed.)

And as usual, I wish I lived near Cornelius so I could steal his finds...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

I just received the Subarashiki Kono Sekai OST through Square Enix's online store.
    It is absolutely official, and really cool too.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's what I got today:

NES:
    Whomp 'Em (w/cart sleeve) - $2.48

PlayStation:
    Asteroids (complete, non-GH)
    Nightmare Creatures (complete)
    Power Rangers Zeo Full Tilt Battle Pinball (complete, R5)
    -$4.96 for all three

PS2:
    Shadow of the Colossus (complete, non GH) - $6.48
    MX World Tour Featuring Jamie Little (complete) - $2.48

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

commodore 1702 monitor excellent shape $10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Jimmy:
    Yeah, my system has the "Licensed or Produced By" startup screen. I personally don't care. I don't own any imports.
    I just wanted to make sure that others didn't get screwed by grabbing what they thought was an early one, only to find out that it wasn't.

JY

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I stopped at a hollywood video near my work on lunch break to see if they had any PS2 games since they trade in games now. Well I found a disk only Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (it has no instr. and comes in the HV cases they use when renting). It was $30 so I grabbed it.....but when I picked it up, there was another one right behind it, so I said what the hell, I'll get em both. So I have 2 disk only M VS. C for trade if anybody is interested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hit my local Goodwill today and actually found something. They had the usual assortment of Genesis sports games and laying behind the counter in a pile of junk is a Mega Man 2 cart. I guess that will be out tomorrow. What I did pick up, however, was copies of How To Win at Nintendo vols. 1, 2, and 3 by Jeff Rovin, for $1.67 each. In pretty good shape too.

JY
    Last edited by Jimmy Yakapucci; 06-03-2008 at 01:13 PM.

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Thrift store- 25 bucks is a little much, but whatever. They also had a Mario 3 pinball machine, but it was like $800
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Local Garage Sale for $5: Dreamcast Items: Shenmue with Passport Complete, VMU, House of the Dead 2 disc, Official Sega Dreamcast Magazine Demos: 3 with sleeve (Dec 2000, September 2000, July 2000), 2 without discs (May 2000, January 2001) 7 without sleeves: (Nov 1999, Jan 2000, 2x March 2000, 2x May 2000, November 2000) Also 2 Demo Disks Generator Vol.1

Also on a different note. I am still waiting for an answer for what does the EXT port do for a Sega Genesis Model 1.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by coreys429 View Post
    Also on a different note. I am still waiting for an answer for what does the EXT port do for a Sega Genesis Model 1.
    Ever hear of Google? :P

"The EXT input port is a DE-9F (9-pin female D-connector) that was used with the Meganet modem peripheral, released only in Japan.[59] It exists on all first-model Japanese Mega Drive units, and on early American Genesis and PAL (European, Australasian and Asian) Mega Drive units."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Me...ts_and_outputs
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cool books, Jimmy.

Here's my Craigslist find today... with story.

I found an ad in Craigslist and e-mailed the lady and got some details about the "$40.00 Sega CD and games." She said they were "wizard games" and all had cases and instructions. We e-mailed back and forth, and she said her husband was home all day and gave me the address. I'm cautious about going to strange homes, so, guardedly, I accepted and went to the location.

I got to the crappy rental townhouse where the girl (who was still at work) told me her husband would be all day. When I knocked, this older lady came to the door looking really ragged and I said

"I'm here for the Sega system." She was surprised and went to get her son (the husband of my contact), and I heard him say "What? Naaah. It's been gone. " I heard him try to call the wife and said he can only get text messages on his phone. He said "it's worth waaay more than $40.00." Finally he came to the door shirtless, tattooed and sporting what looked like scar on his ribs from a stab wound and said he didn't want to sell and didn't know what she was thinking. Just so we were all on the same page, I offered to call the wife since she e-mailed me her number in case I need directions. She picked up, thankfully, and I told her he was telling me it wasn't for sale...

"YES it IS!!" she said.

I handed the deadbeat the phone and they got into a little phone argument right in front of me at the door. I pulled out the $40.00 to cash-in-face the guy. He goes in and the mom invites me in, too. He had the box there with all the stuff and walks to the other side of the room. He said he didn't really want to sell, so I laid the cash down near the box and casually began looking through it. While he continued to mumble, with his mom firmly on his side, I began pulling some games out to make a smaller offer for since I already have a JVC X'Eye.

He finally said "Alright, man, I guess so." Now in getaway mode, I began putting the games I had pulled back into the box just as casually as I had pulled them out. He was still obviously on the fence so I began bullshitting him on other topics while he handed me the power cord from the wall. I said he should pocket the $40.00 and have his wife take him out for dinner! He replied "Shiiiit..." I said "Well that looks like everything. Later, man."

Here's what I just brought home...

Last edited by Cambot; 06-03-2008 at 07:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

First flea market day when local schools are out so it was busy and I ended up there about ten minutes later than I usually do. No big deal though as Cy had plenty of interesting stuff. Instead of finding everything in one spot a few different boxes netted me my finds from him. I grabbed a box and tossed things in as I went around. Found some boxed Master System games, a bunch of loose Intellivision games, couple Atari VCS carts and at Multi Game Doctor Main Body. Sadly that's all that was there, no cards or adapter links. Ended up paying $8.00 for the box of stuff I built.

The MGD2 seems to power up fine and the LED display comes on so I'm guessing it's in okay shape. It had a Doctor Power battery in it that was totally shot so I threw that away. As I don't have any other parts for this copier if anyone wants it just let me know. Almost all of these are duplicates so I'm going to sell them off at a yard sale this weekend.

INTV - Baseball
    INTV - Dracula
    INTV - Las Vegas Poker & Black Jack
    INTV - Microsurgeon
    INTV - NFL Football
    SMS - Action Fighter (complete)
    SMS - Choplifter (complete)
    SMS - Great Baseball (complete)
    SMS - HangOn & Safari Hunt (no booklet)
    SMS - Pro Wrestling (box only)
    SMS - Rambo: First Blood Part III (complete)
    SMS - Control Stick
    VCS - Freeway
    VCS - Laser Blast (boxed)
    Multi Game Doctor 2 Main Body

Pickups here and there. A PSOne bare system for $5.00 which works perfectly. From another seller a N64 power adapter to complete a system I plan to sell this weekend, $2.00. Actually I swapped this one with my N64 power adapter as it's in better shape.

Shorty was back with more new stuff this time. I left SNES copies of Sunset Riders and Super Off-Road there - must have just gotten them in as the labels were perfect. I did end up grabbing a couple N64 controllers (one I need for that N64 bundle I mentioned above). Episode I Racer is for me and Shadows of the Empire is for the sale bundle. Also had a copy of Jackal I couldn't pass up since for some damn reason I don't have it in my archive. Swear I had it at one time. Anyway, the N64 sticks didn't feel that bad there but they went right to pot once I used them for a while. I'll still bundle the purple one (I'm really not going to ask much) and keep the Pokemon one for myself and just switch out the stick eventually.

N64 - Atomic Purple Controller ($5.00)
    N64 - Pokemon Controller ($5.00)
    N64 - Star Wars Episode I Racer ($5.00)
    N64 - Star Wars Shadows of the Empire ($5.00)
    NES - Jackal ($2.00)

Not too bad, not too great but nice enough. ...Damn I have a lot of crap to get rid of this Saturday.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Nicely done Cambot! Glad you didn't get stabbed

For me it was CONTROLLER day at the thrift!!! I think I have an NES controller addiction, as I must have stockpiled 20 of them by now. I think I have about 10 N64 controllers now. This one is pretty good, though I normally would have passed, but it had a controller pak in it so I went ahead. The rest that I have are all nearly perfect (stick-wise) so this one will go in a bundle soon. The Merlin I picked up at SA because I had one as a kid, it was on a shelf with no price sticker on it, so I was going to ask, but then I saw the box nearby (with instructions inside) and that had a 1.99 sticker on it. Nice to see that it is actually worth something (though I'm keeping it), unfortunately it has some significant damage to one of the leeds in the battery compartment. Still works, though. Starcraft was 1.49 on blue sticker day at GW. Grand total for the day was 15.03, though I also found an FM broadcaster for my FiL's new Zune since his 'new' 07 GTO doesn't have an aux jack + a few other miscellaneous things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice find Cambot! Does Crusader of Centy have the manual? My understanding is that is one of the hardest games to find complete for the Genesis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

- Super Mario 64 DS - $13
    - Misadventure of Tron Bonne PSX - $5
    - Beyond the Beyond PSX - $5
    - Firefighter FD 18 PS2 - $8.50
    - Dragon Quest Monster: Joker DS - $4.89

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    Nice find Cambot! Does Crusader of Centy have the manual? My understanding is that is one of the hardest games to find complete for the Genesis.
    Yes it does. Cool, I hadn't heard that...

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Cambot View Post
    Your icon is strangely appropriate.

Also, I'm jealous of you, you lucky bastich.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Also had a copy of Jackal I couldn't pass up since for some damn reason I don't have it in my archive. Swear I had it at one time.
    I totally get this phenomenon. Jackal is one of those games you were sure you had, but not sure enough not to pick it up. Because you'll get home and search the archives and kick yourself for not getting it. I think I've had it happen to me with certain games like Master Blaster and River City Ransom. (I still think I have it somewhere)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScourDX View Post
    - Firefighter FD 18 PS2 - $8.50
    Nice find I was happy when I found one for $30.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cambot View Post
    Cambot, you said you were in Houston, right? Funny, I never such an ad on Craigslist for $40 Sega stuff (yeah, I check regularly).

You sure you're not just bullshitting us with these "amazing" finds?