Thread: Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind

anybody else played this game and enjoyed it as much as i have? its a little slow at first but once you get the hang of it , its awesome. what kind of character are you playing?
    "Oh no, the dead have risen and they're voting Republican!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got it used when it became a greatest hits. I set up a magic using orc in a class I called a Chaos Mage. Not really much farther than setting up my character.

FRED

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One of my favorite RPGs ever. Now that I have a decent gaming PC, I'm seriously buying it for PC and playing through it all over again just to get Bloodmoon, Tribunal, and the various mods. It's that good.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have it for Xbox and I really liked it.But I just keep killing people and stealing their stuff more than I was following the story and such so I got bored of it.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played the XBOX version since it's release, it is the best RPG ever made. That's all there is to it.
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind

If you dig the game, you need to pick up "The Morrowind Prophecies" strategy guide by Peter Olafson, an old-school game journalist and an incredible writer. He wrote a Final Fantasy III guide back in the day that remains one of the best console strategy guides ever.

-- Z.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ehm starcade there are better pc rpgs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On the X-Box this fall will be Morrowind: Gold that will include all of the PC expansions. Set for October I think, very innovative game, but I would agree that there are better PC RPG'S.

Dig Dug
    Currently Playing:
    X-Box 360: Rock Band, Dark Sector, Orange Box, Mass Effect, Scene IT DVD (360) Bully (360 Version)

Can't wait for Bioshock 2 !!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think, especially when you look at the PC, there certainly are better RPGs, and I think that's something that can be pretty well agreed on.. However, Morrowind gets some serious points for the sheer scope and scale it covers. It really is pretty much without a doubt the BIGGEST RPG out there, even if that doesn't automatically make it the best. The freeform aspect is great, the size is great, and if you can run it at full power it's absolutely beautiful- But the NPCs are all carbon copies of each other, the world is very static (No one notices or picks up anything, leave a stack of crap in the center of the main street and it's there a year later, there's very little good interaction outside of combat with NPCs, ect), and the freeform nature can get seriously boring if you don't have some sort of goal at the moment.

All in all, I'd give it 3 1/2 stars outta 5. Worth picking up if you can get it cheap, especially if you like RPGs- But if you're an RPG hater who finds them boring, avoid this one, unless graphics mean a LOT to you.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

I think 3.5 outta 5 is a very fitting score for this game. While I found it incredibly enjoyable for a while, it didn't take me long to realize that it's hands down one of the most repetative games around. I really wanted to beat the game, it had a bit of an interesting storyline. But being the former completeist I was I instead went around and became the head of House Redoran and Guildmaster of the Fighter's Guild. That's a shitload of 'quests.'

That was my main problem with the game, all the quests were the same crap. Go to this oddly named door in the middle of nowhere, kill X, find Y, or return Z to me. Got real old after a while.

One thing I absolutely love about the game was the TES Construction Set. The game had bugs, and if you knew where the problem was you could go fix it yourself. The only time I had to do this was with one of the very late house Redoran quests... I think the guys name was Lethiri or something similar. The problem was I did something way before I was supposed to, and I couldn't get him to say a certain line. Fire up the TES set, get his script, modify it to make him tell himself "I love the cock." Set the requirements for him to say that, and the result of clicking on it to what the original line was supposed to do... fire it up, on my way again. I actually went back to try and finish it recently and looked through my journal... "I love the cock" was still an entry even though I lost the mod

Hella points to the game for it's vision and what it will eventually bring to the genre, but execution definitely left something to be desired.