Thread: HELP!!! Supervision

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default HELP!!! Supervision

Please HELP!!! I think I may have come down with some rare videogame disease!!!

I actually played a Supervision game and enjoyed it!?!?!

I have a Supervision that I played a few times and stored away. Going thru my collection I came across the Supervison, put in a cart and started playing. The game is Sachen Super Kong. It's a simple game with you climbing a rope on one side while Kong climbs a rope on the other side. The object is to knock the other guy off the rope by throwing (rocks??). I think there rocks. Of couse Kong has a (boulder??) and only has to hit you once. There are various objects falling down the screen between the two ropes, some help and some just block your shots.

The first time I played I did'nt know what was happening and I thought the game was garbage. I played a few more times and before I knew it I was hooked. This game would actually make a nice homebrew on Colecovision. I wish I could make it.

After playing this game I have a new found respect for the Supervision. Does anybody else know of good Supervision games??

Also, I looked at the rarity list and see there are no ratings for how common or rare the carts are. Anyone have a guess how widespread these games are?

Well. gotta go. The level I'm stuck on now has these little bugs that climb up the rope if your not fast enough dislodging Kong. I'm gonna beat that level!!!

I think I may need help!! I'm playing a SUPERVISION game.....
    neotokeo2001

http://neoclassicgames.blogspot.com/
    Atari 2600 Limited Editions

Pac-Man (Level 10) Arqueologia_Digital's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ohhhh! the supervision!!!, this system sucks!!!, but i think the included game is Crystalball... :/

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got a game for the Supervision called Pyramid that is really fun. It's a Tetris type game but a bit more difficult. All the pieces are triangles. It was also available on the NES.

now the other five games I have for it, well...

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I never thought it was that bad of a system either. It blows Game.com and R-Zone away, for certain. Nice big viewing area, and even has a hookup for television viewing (which has become pretty rare), something rather unique to handheld systems.

I've found that the PUZZLE games are really good and the ACTION games are pretty weak. There are a few Tetris clones that work fine, as well as a Shove-it style game and several other puzzlers - very little motion involved in these, a good thing for the system overall.

As always, I'll point you to our complete list. The rarities aren't finalized yet because the list itself is stilll being reviewed (I turned up two games last week that were not on Syd Bolton's original SuperVision list), but this should be complete at least in terms of US titles:
    http://www.digitpress.com/lists.htm

If you want to get a look at some screen shots, this site does a good job at representing SuperVision:
    http://www.vgmuseum.com/sv.htm

Game On!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

FYI: Super Kong is available on the Game Boy as Small Gorilla (one of my favorite video game titles ever).

Also, Pyramid has a little-known NES sequel which I find superior.