Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: PS1 Game Manual Smells like Smoke!

  1. #1
    Pear (Level 6) Kyle15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    1,375
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Question PS1 Game Manual Smells like Smoke!

    Is there a method for getting rid of the smokey smell in my Guilty Gear manual?
    It's not damaged or anything, it just smells bad.
    Oddly, the stench has not left even though I have had the game in my smoke-free home since January.

    Any help I could have is greatly appreciated!
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

  2. #2
    Apple (Level 5) Superman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,025
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Have you tried putting it in front of a fan? I would say putting it in front of a fan for a while should, at least, help reduce the smell.

  3. #3
    Bell (Level 8) mnbren05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kent, OH
    Posts
    1,764
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Had this problem with an old Genesis game/box/manual, left them in a small box with one of those Arm and Hammer baking soda boxes and the smell subsided quite a bit.

  4. #4
    Cherry (Level 1) retro junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    231
    Xbox LIVE
    laughing robot
    PSN
    second-monkey
    3DS Friend
    0087-3717-4240
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I had the same problem one time. I placed the item into a plastic box with a cup of baking soda for a week. Then I took the baking soda out and placed a "Renuzit" air freshner in with it for another week. I used the scent that was suppoed to smell like air dried laundry. This took all of the smell out.

  5. #5
    Pear (Level 6) Kyle15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    1,375
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Have you tried putting it in front of a fan? I would say putting it in front of a fan for a while should, at least, help reduce the smell.
    I'll give that a try this week.

    Quote Originally Posted by mnbren05 View Post
    Had this problem with an old Genesis game/box/manual, left them in a small box with one of those Arm and Hammer baking soda boxes and the smell subsided quite a bit.
    That's sounds like it will really help!

    Quote Originally Posted by retro junkie View Post
    I had the same problem one time. I placed the item into a plastic box with a cup of baking soda for a week. Then I took the baking soda out and placed a "Renuzit" air freshner in with it for another week. I used the scent that was suppoed to smell like air dried laundry. This took all of the smell out.
    I will try this great idea as well.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Similar Threads

  1. This smells incredibly fishy, what do you guys think?
    By Whiskers the Wonder Cat in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 09:11 PM
  2. New Dreamcast game Baldr Force EXE just released, smells bad
    By fishsandwich in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 09:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •