Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

Default Star Ocean 4 on the 360 confirmed

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/...31&mode=recent

woot and hells yes, I don't have to buy a ps3 for this after all.

I am one of the weird ones who loved SO3. I was getting a 360 for Tales of Vesperia and was annoyed about having to buy a ps3 to get the other rpg I wanted but now I don't!

The 360 is the RPG machine this round. Who would have guessed?

All we need are the Star Ocean remakes to be released in the US.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I loves me my 360. <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DustnF
    PSN
    Alfador

What are some other good RPGs on the 360? I'm thinking about buying one but not sure yet..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    What are some other good RPGs on the 360? I'm thinking about buying one but not sure yet..
    Eternal Sonata is a very pretty RPG that has this whole "Tales" thing going on. Just don't expect the plot to make much sense.

Lost Odyssey is like this fantastic remix of every Final Fantasy game ever made.

Mass Effect is... well it's a Bioshock game. A space opera with a mature story, well written dialouge, and awesome cast of characters. The universe is surprisingly empty however, but it's slated to be a trilogy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blue Dragon is a somewhat simplistic rpg. It didn't score very well, but I personally dig it.

Oblivion isn't a jrpg at all, but it's amazing. I could go on and on about it, but I'll just leave it at that.

Enchanted Arms and Two Worlds are decent from what I've read, but nothing special.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

For those out now, try Lost Odyssey which is a traditional turn based RPG, Mass Effect which is similar to the Knights of the Old Republic games (also made by Bioware), and Eternal Sonata which is super gay. I heard it was good but I could only play it for a few hours before feeling annoyed at how cute everything was, and I didn't care for the battles. The entire thing was too easy.

I can stand cute anime, but Eternal Sonata was overkill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's weird, because I avoided the original Xbox in favor of a PS2 because PS2 covered the genres I liked, and Xbox didn't. This generation, it seems like Xbox 360 has the only games that look interesting to me, and the PS3 is to me like the old Xbox, except more expensive. I don't have either system yet, but it's getting to that point where I'm really getting won over by the 360. There's no way I can miss out on a new Star Ocean game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice score for the X360.
    May 19, 1998
    "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."
    ~ Keeper's Diary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

And I was thinking about getting the mgs4 bundle on thursday, mainly so i could play star ocean when it came out. Guess I probably wont now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple View Post
    It's weird, because I avoided the original Xbox in favor of a PS2 because PS2 covered the genres I liked, and Xbox didn't. This generation, it seems like Xbox 360 has the only games that look interesting to me, and the PS3 is to me like the old Xbox, except more expensive. I don't have either system yet, but it's getting to that point where I'm really getting won over by the 360. There's no way I can miss out on a new Star Ocean game.
    Exactly how I feel. I never would have guessed the 360 would have all the good rpgs. The Playstation 3 is getting Disgaea 3 and Final Fantasy XIII though, so I'll still have to get one some time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I liked Eternal Sonata, but its the only RPG that I really played on the newer systems and I couldn't get into Blue Dragon.

As for any other gameI haven't had time, I'm still on a backlog of PS2 RPG's.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    I loves me my 360. <3
    Me too. Until it broke down three weeks ago (RRD).

The 360 has a very impressive lineup of RPGs in the meantime, we'll get Operation Darkness, Tales of Vesperia, and now the new Star Ocean. There are very good exclusive RPGs for the system by now.

Still...I'm angry about the 360. The first console in over twenty years which broke down on me. It lasted almost two years, the best possible airflow didn't help; I didn't even bother to call MS for a refurbished unit yet which will be one of the older models. I'll get one, but probably I can count the months until the thing shows me a lovely red again.

$400 for a system which is prone to fail. In the meantime I think that the failure rate is 70% + x. Terrible.

I'll buy multiplatform games strictly for the PS3 from now on; unless there are very good clearance prices I won't buy a 360 game over the next two years. I decided that a company that rushes out such an unreliable system has to be punished by withholding my money.

Sorry to derail the thread with a rant. But the impressive diversity of games for the 360 and the fundamental design flaw of the hardware is the reason for two hearts beating in my chest: you have to love and hate the thing.
    Last edited by lendelin; 06-11-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sure it'll come out on PS3 eventually. Even if it doesn't, I'm holding out for a director's cut anyway (or hopefully the director's cut is the only release we get in the US, saving us from buggy messes like the original Star Ocean 3 release).

Still, I'm really looking forward to this sucker. I love the Star Ocean games and especially loved 3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I still haven't played Star Ocean 3. I really hated the bugged eyed look all the characters had. Same reason I haven't touched Xenosaga.

Now the Star Ocean remake for PSP looks awesome...

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Hah, well I'll be damned, this is definitely a surprising turn of elements. While we're more mature around here, it's fun to watch all the kiddies squirm over this news on GameFAQs and such. :P And since I've held off on all the modern consoles other than the Wii, this works out perfectly for me considering Infinite Undiscovery is already coming to the 360. Now I don't need to pay any attention to the PS3 at all. And with stuff like Eternal Sonata and Katamari, I already have a small line-up of games I'd like to get for the system, unlike the PS3 which I would've had to get solely for Star Ocean 4 had the rumors proved true.

As for going multi-platform, I don't really expect it since it's never happened with a tri-Ace title before, besides ports/remakes released years later. The Star Ocean 3 Director's Cut was also the only occurrence of an expanded edition, which was mainly because they ran out of space on the original single disc to include all the ideas that they had, but to be honest, the additions were half-hearted attempts to what they had envisioned and don't live up to the quality of the original content. Unless you played the original, you're not really qualified to call it a "buggy mess", and I did and it wasn't at all. Don't believe all the exaggerated rumors spread by people who have never even seen the original. It's was 100% playable and actually less buggy than Star Ocean 2. There were only issues for people who had very early model Japanese PlayStation 2 systems, and even then the problems only occured at a couple different parts of the game and could be worked around easily. These problems were also limited to the first print run. A fixed version of the game was released in the Japan long before the Director's Cut, so the glitches had nothing to do with its release.