Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

Default Gamefly

Sorry if this has already been started....searched and found nothing.

Anyone here use Gamefly? I was thinking about signing up for it 1 game at a time. I have an Xbox360 and PS3 and hate forking over $60 for one game. What do you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EricRyan34 View Post
    Sorry if this has already been started....searched and found nothing.

Anyone here use Gamefly? I was thinking about signing up for it 1 game at a time. I have an Xbox360 and PS3 and hate forking over $60 for one game. What do you think?
    Do it, I'm signed up for 3 out at a time and it is great. Of course, it depends on where you live. I'm lucky to live within 100 miles of a shipping center.. You can buy games from gamefly too, I bought Gears Of War for under $30. They sent the box and manual to me, And they were in brand new right out of shrinkwrap condition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dtolley
    PSN
    dtolley

Check here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110507

I use Gamefly now, and for the most part, am pleased with the service. I do 2 at a time and purchase games on occasion from them. Other than slightly slow shipping because of my location in relation with their shipping centers, I have had no problems with them. Recently, they have opened another shipping center, so it may speed up the shipping/receiving times. Try it out, you can always cancel.
    Digitpress
    Ebay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

Sorry. Thanks for your input!

Insert Coin (Level 0) wfnjstallion's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used it right before they expanded and opened more shipping centers and it was terrible. That's the breaks when you live in NJ and the shipping center was in CA. Once I cancelled they expanded and I hear only good things, so I just missed out. I would strongly suggest signing up though b/c I can tell you from experience it is real easy to cancel and they do not hassle you to come back.

Insert Coin (Level 0) vidman100's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gamefly's pretty much the standard these days. What's great about them is that you can still buy everything you want to buy but at a cut rate through them and, the longer you're a member the more gamefly dollars you'll get ($5 coupons) so if there's a game they've got for sale at like $45 and you've got $15 gamefly dollars you'll get it for $30. It's a pretty rockin deal over all. Then there's the obvious benefit of actually getting to play something before you shell out your cash for it. That right there has saved me hundreds of dollars.

They're totally the way to go plus they just added a game trade-in feature recently so you can trade in games you own and the credit goes toward your account so, theoretically, you could be looking at "free" gamefly for a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vidman100 View Post
    Gamefly's pretty much the standard these days. What's great about them is that you can still buy everything you want to buy but at a cut rate through them and, the longer you're a member the more gamefly dollars you'll get ($5 coupons) so if there's a game they've got for sale at like $45 and you've got $15 gamefly dollars you'll get it for $30. It's a pretty rockin deal over all. Then there's the obvious benefit of actually getting to play something before you shell out your cash for it. That right there has saved me hundreds of dollars.

They're totally the way to go plus they just added a game trade-in feature recently so you can trade in games you own and the credit goes toward your account so, theoretically, you could be looking at "free" gamefly for a while.
    The $5 coupons don't stack, do they? I thought that if you had one, it would expire just before you got another one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They expire 90 days after they're issued but you can use more than one at a time so long as they're still valid. Then, once in a while they'll pony up with some special coupon that usually lasts longer and once you've been a member for a year you get an automatic 10% off every purchase.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gamefly has a larger selection and name brand advertising power, but that really didn't mean anything to me. I use gameznflix, 2-titles at a time for $9.75 a month (I signed up with a bonus code which should still be active). It's basically the same thing as any other online rental, but a little cheaper.
    Collector of 1,673 strategy guides, and BlazBlue ain't one of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NOPHIX
    PSN
    Nophix

I use it right now. Shipping is slow to my area, but I live in BFE. One thing I don't like is that it's very hard to get newer or more popular titles. I've had the same 5 titles on the top of my Q since I signed up, and with the exception of Halo 3 and Mass Effect, I haven't gotten a one(I bought Halo and Mass Effect).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the past game availability was more of an issue but lately I've been super impressed with shipping times from Gamefly. Try emptying out your queue and only having those five games you have at the top in there. Keeping your queue on the small side is the way to get the stuff you want. Keep the filler out until there's a slow down in new releases. They shipped GTA4 to me day of release. Same with MGS4.

Personally, I'd steer clear of Gamesnflix. You can pretty much forget about new releases altogether with them and that includes movies. Not to sound totally cliche but you get what you pay for. I'm honestly surprised Gamesnflix is still in business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just checked out gamefly. As a netflix subscriber for the past few years, I'm surprised how expensive Gamefly is. But that's just my 2 cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not really. When you compare them to someone like blockbuster who will rent you a game for like five days or something for $10. Or just compared with buying games. Regardless of whether or not you buy new or used, you're still looking at spending the equivalent of 2 or 3 months of gamefly in which time - depending on how quickly you get through stuff - you can play anywhere from 2 to 4 games. If you buy roughly four new games a year, that'll come close to a what a whole year of gamefly costs.

I mean yeah, compared to netflix gamefly's more expensive but then so are video games in general. You don't spend $60 on a DVD after all. It's just a different animal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NOPHIX
    PSN
    Nophix

The other thing I do like about them is on average, they seem to sell the used games cheaper than most used game stores. Bundle that with the fact that the nearest store is an hour away, and you have a good amount of savings for my game purchases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vidman100 View Post
    Not really. When you compare them to someone like blockbuster who will rent you a game for like five days or something for $10. Or just compared with buying games. Regardless of whether or not you buy new or used, you're still looking at spending the equivalent of 2 or 3 months of gamefly in which time - depending on how quickly you get through stuff - you can play anywhere from 2 to 4 games. If you buy roughly four new games a year, that'll come close to a what a whole year of gamefly costs.

I mean yeah, compared to netflix gamefly's more expensive but then so are video games in general. You don't spend $60 on a DVD after all. It's just a different animal.
    I usually spend 5 dollars per 5 day rental at Hollywood or my local mom and pop store, so it is steep for me. I also rarely rent or buy new games so to each his own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, your gaming habits definitely make a difference. Does Hollywood have a set time frame for rentals like Blockbuster does or can you keep them as long as you want?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nophix View Post
    The other thing I do like about them is on average, they seem to sell the used games cheaper than most used game stores. Bundle that with the fact that the nearest store is an hour away, and you have a good amount of savings for my game purchases.
    Seriously... when you factor in the cost of gas to travel to your nearest store it starts getting a little ridiculous.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Anyone here still using GameFly? Sometimes I think about signing up to rent 3DS and Wii games.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    Anyone here still using GameFly? Sometimes I think about signing up to rent 3DS and Wii games.
    I've never used it, but you can get either a 30 day free trial or $9.50 a month for the first three months for one game out at a time. You might as well go with the free trial though as if you stay for three months, the value is nearly identical, you save $.50 if you go the other option, while the free trial you can bow out at any time so you're getting the savings from the very start.

https://www.gamefly.com/#!/registrat...ckingid=goo045
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.