Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icarusX360
    PSN
    titanzguard

Default Atari Lynx - A button not working

Need some help...

I recently bought an Atari Lynx from a flea market. The guy told me it worked great, just needed batteries. Well at the time I did not have any batteries to test it so I went ahead and bought it. Today I install some new AA batteries and load up 1 of the 3 games I got with the system. It turns on, game loads up, GREAT!!! UNTIL... I am playing Batman returns and notice I cannot punch. I continue to hit the A button but it does not respond. I figured maybe it was the game so I switched it with another game -STUN Runner. Never heard of the game but the great part is at the start screen it asks you to press A or B to start game. I start hitting A - nothing happens. If I hit B it imediately loads the game. At this point I am pissed. I start to google to see if this is a known issue but I cannot find anything about bad A buttons. So what I did was try to flip the screen and see if the other A button works. I figured heck ill just live with it being goofy. I flipped the screen and still nothing. So both A buttons do not work. Does anyone have any idea what the prob might be OR how to fix it. I did notice one thing. While playing Batman Returns when I hit the OPTION 1 button while playing it switches my action from punch to some kind of weapon. As soon as I hit that button Batman starts throwing this weapon like as if a button is stuck. He continues to throw the item until its all out. Like I said, seems like the button is stuck but when its set to punch he doesnt do anything. I checked around the button and its not stuck, or doesnt seem to be. Also this is the Lynx II model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by titanzguard; 06-13-2008 at 08:48 PM.