Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Mega Man 9 new info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have the wii mm9 and just downloaded the ps3 version and noticed that the graphics arent as blocky, they seem alittle smoothed out. i wonder if this is due to the higher res? anyone else notice this?

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by dairugger View Post
    i have the wii mm9 and just downloaded the ps3 version and noticed that the graphics arent as blocky, they seem alittle smoothed out. i wonder if this is due to the higher res? anyone else notice this?
    I have. They're not super-crisp as you'd expect, like looking at a ripped sprite or using emulation on a hi-res monitor.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

FInally got a chance to sit down and play the over the weekend. Pure awesomeness!

As for it being the hardest MM, I must disagree completely. I had far more trouble with MM1 when I was younger, but then again, I was younger, but I was still pretty damn good at games then. Eventually, I was able to beat MM1 on one life and I think with enough practice, MM9 couldn't be that much harder if I played it as religiously as I did MM1 back in the day.

My final time was 6:41:02, 42%. It took me less than 24 hours, but that was my final play time. I wish it wasn't over! I don't think I have the patience to get the rest of the accomplishments. Does anything happen when you do?

SPOILER:

I didn't feel like playing all the way through to get Protoman's ending, so I Youtubed it. I'm pissed there's no cutscene or anything, but I'd be more pissed if I played through it and found this out.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

when you purchase the protoman download it specificly says theres no story at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I have been considering getting this for awhile, but here in lies my problem: I have always sucked at megaman games. I don't know why, I just have.

I don't want a walk in the park with this title, of course I want a challenge (i made the mistake of watching youtube for part of braid and feel very let down in myself).

How is the difficulty in this one?

Also, protoman download, how much does that cost, and is it worth it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    How is the difficulty in this one?
    It is "Megaman difficulty". That pretty much describes it to me

I guess if you want to be specific, I'd say it was a tiny notch harder than MM2. Probably about as hard as MM1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NE146 View Post
    It is "Megaman difficulty". That pretty much describes it to me

I guess if you want to be specific, I'd say it was a tiny notch harder than MM2. Probably about as hard as MM1.
    Here is a frame of mind. I own megaman x4 for saturn, and that game is super kicky hard to me. how is the difficulty of this compared to megaman x4?

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It'll make you shit yourself if you compare it to X4. Though I'd say it's easier than any of the Ninja Gaidens (new and old) if that's any consolation.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    It'll make you shit yourself if you compare it to X4.
    X4 is easier if you compare it to X3.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, uh, maybe I should go back to x4 and try to get good with it or something.

Strange enough, I am not good at it, but i am halfway decent at alien hominid on 360 (for some reason, I have difficulty dodging bullets in the actual flash version). I think its cuz i can shoot straight up and down.

Ok, well i went to get into megaman games, this will be the last off topic I will ask (well the only one), but I want to get into megaman games. They look really fun. What is a good starting point?

I eventually want to be skilled enough to get mm9 and not weep like a little school girl when i get pwned 5 seconds into it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

Forget X4, it was X6 that I could never beat. Holy crap that game was HARD!

MM9 was plenty frustrating though I did beat it in the end. I guess what annoyed me was that there were so many instant death areas (especially in the Wily stages) that were there just to make it difficult and didn't add anything to the level (spikes in nasty spots, long series of disappearing plantforms, etc.). There also didn't seem to be enough checkpoints in the levels or they weren't in good spots compared to where the difficult areas were.

MM1 was tough but fair, MM9 was just annoyingly tough.

Tempest
    --- www.AtariProtos.com ---
    All Your Prototypes Are Belong To Us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    Ok, well i went to get into megaman games, this will be the last off topic I will ask (well the only one), but I want to get into megaman games. They look really fun. What is a good starting point?
    MM 2 is a good starting point. The bosses are fun and interesting, and it's considered the easiest MM game (just go get the Metal Blade from Woodman and you're all set).

Tempest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sweet thanks, i am going to do a quick search on the forums, and if it is not up, make a new thread so I can not go off topic anymore

needs food badly. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    MM 2 is a good starting point. The bosses are fun and interesting, and it's considered the easiest MM game (just go get the Metal Blade from Woodman and you're all set).

Tempest
    Actually, Metal Man gives you the Metal Blade. Wood Man gives the Leaf Shield.
    "Red Warrior needs food badly."

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No way d00d, Heat Man gives u teh metal blade powar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

For Mega Man goodness, I highly recommend the first three games of the original series. The first Mega Man is greatly outclassed by its predecessors, but I still enjoy the feel of it and think it's definitely one of the most challenging titles in the series (mostly due to no passwords, no energy tanks, and some vicious segments). MM2 and MM3 are unquestionably great, and if you like those, I'd consider getting MM4 as well. If you're not turned off to the series yet after 4 (which was a fine game in my opinion, but definitely the point where the series as a whole began to turn a bit stale), then look into all of the others. It's mostly more of the same, but each game has several unique things aside from the different level designs and bosses. Personally, I think 5 is my least favorite in the series; I only rate 6 slightly higher for being less frustrating and having those fun Rush Adaptor suits. I like MM7 a fair deal, but I like MM8 slightly more for some really innovative stages that take advantage of its CD-based memory capacity. If you can, look into Mega Man and Bass/Rockman and Forte, as it's fun, but REALLY hard and feels a bit unfair at times.

And for MMX, I'd definitely recommend playing the first one for sure. It's one of the greatest games on the SNES. If you like that, then you'll definitely like X2; not much is different from the first, but it feels a bit more refined and challenging overall. If you liked X2, go for X3 (once again, not much different but still fun) and X4 for sure (different mostly for Zero being his own character). Hell, I'd say X4 is even better than X3, if not just because playing as Zero in X4 is just way too awesome. All X games after X4 are... well, I have X5 and X6, and they're frustrating for all of the wrong reasons. They don't feel as great as X4, and while I haven't played much of X5 in a while, I recall that my interest in the X games waned after playing it a few times and I decided that I wouldn't get X6 then. However, I have acquired X6 recently due to it being very cheap and easily accessible, and I can affirm that X6 has some incredibly painful designs, such as Blaze Heatnix's stage. Can we all agree that having to fight that f@#$ing red circle thingy was just a total load?

I've yet to play X7, but I hear it's beyond abysmal and one of the worst things to occur in the entirety of the Mega Man universe. I'd still like to get it to see just HOW bad, but I'm hoping to pay less than $10. I hear X8 is actually pretty good and a step up in the series since X5, but it seems to have something of a bloated Parts system (and the Maverick names are the most retarded ever, but they were admittedly getting bad around X6... and I refuse to count the damn Guns N' Roses names in X5).

So... yeah. Probably more than you wanted to hear, but that's my view on MM and MMX. Also, it's hardly anything like the Mega Man we know, but Mega Man Legends totally rules and I heartily recommend it.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

And let's not forget all the Game Boy Mega Man games, and the Mega Man Zero series for the GBA.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

Quote Originally Posted by Red Warrior View Post
    Actually, Metal Man gives you the Metal Blade. Wood Man gives the Leaf Shield.
    Bah! I was typing too fast for my brain to keep up. I was thinking that Metal Man gives you metal blade to USE against Woodman.

Tempest

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    when you purchase the protoman download it specificly says theres no story at all.
    It does? Hmmm, I didn't see that in the one or two sentences they wrote on the Wii download screen. Either I'm really inattentive, or you were playing the 360 version? I don't think I can go back and check now that I've bought it...I could try clicking on it again.

Besides, even if it had no story elements, some may guess it still has an ending with a story element, but whatever.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    And let's not forget all the Game Boy Mega Man games, and the Mega Man Zero series for the GBA.
    D'oh, but I did! Sadly, I can't comment on any of the Zero games, as I have yet to play them... I intend to amend that soon, though.

However, I have all of the MM original GB titles. They're worthy contenders for the main console games, even if the first three don't really offer much different compared to the console titles. The first one is short but very tough, Wily's levels will likely cause some ripping out of your hair. The second title is the weakest for sure (due to bad sound design and being WAY too easy to beat, plus one of the lamest finales against Wily ever), but it's still playable and not a bad action title. The third one is better than the first two, but its ass is kicked by Mega Man IV. IV's polish gleams like Patrick Stewart's head, as it has some neat cutscenes, some of the best level design of the series, and it was, IIRC, THE first game to implement the Parts Shop!

However, Mega Man V is the greatest of the GB games, simply on the premise that instead of the bosses being borrowed from the main series, it has entirely new bosses and weapons! The Stardroids are all quite cool too, and you get to fight them with the versatile Mega Arm, replacing the Mega Buster when you charge. I actually like MMIV and MMV better than MM5 and MM6 for the NES for sure, and if you can track them down (somewhat rare, I'm afraid), do get them by all means! Pick up the first three if you can for cheap, but MMIV and MMV are likely worth their price.

Well, there's one more place to go, but... I have not touched any of the Battle Network or Star Force games, nor do I intend to. Let's just leave it at that, eh?

But back to the topic's focus, I think I would place my favoribility of MM9 on the same level as MM4, perhaps above that. Nothing's touching the first three games in my mind, but MM9 could have easily been one of the best games if released back in the days of the NES.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp