Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

oh wow thanks capcom, we really want another regular megaman game instead of, you know, mega man legends 3. the one the megaman creator himself wants to make but noooo you need to make the 9th game in the series that should have stopped after 3.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overbite View Post
    oh wow thanks capcom, we really want another regular megaman game instead of, you know, mega man legends 3. the one the megaman creator himself wants to make but noooo you need to make the 9th game in the series that should have stopped after 3.
    Mega Man 6 is highly underrated.

needs food badly. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

Quote Originally Posted by Overbite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuplayer View Post
    Mega Man 6 is highly underrated.
    My favorite is actually Mega Man 5. Call me crazy.
    "Red Warrior needs food badly."

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by izarate View Post
    Huh? Since the first one, but you had to look in the manual. I think that Mega Man 4 was the first to have story sequences in game.
    Actually it was 3 with the story sequence between fighting the Robot Masters and after the Doc Robots (and the ending).
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Assuming this game exists, is this a Capcom-USA or Capcom-Japan developed game? Because I can't find any info on Capcom-Japan's website and the Japanese game news links only mention Australia and its ratings body (i.e. OFLC) with no mention of CERO, Japan's ratings body.

By the way, this is the same Australia that is a complete shithole when it comes to game selections/library and game price (not as much the former these days), so I wouldn't trust whatever's coming from there.

I'd rather a Rockman X9 anyway.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm one of the few that would play and love every new MM game, even if they released them everyday! Keep everything the same with great graphics and inventive bosses, and I'll be happy. Either that or Capcom should make 9 a Wii exclusive and a FPS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by notoriusvig View Post
    Either that or Capcom should make 9 a Wii exclusive and a FPS.
    That would be thoroughly pointless.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://wii.ign.com/articles/884/884605p1.html

It's coming to WiiWare.

And it's 8-bit :O

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Splash...woman? Splash...WOMAN!!!! What abomination is this!!!!!

The rest is bliss. Mega Man is one of my favorite series of all time and the thought of getting what amounts to a new NES entry is unbelievable.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some more info here. I really hope it comes out on PSN/XBLA as well, since I sold my Wii back in February and don't want to have to get another one just for this.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Its classic graphical style is a wonder to behold in this day and age.

I sincerely hope this sparks a new trend of TRULY retro-looking downloadble games on the Wii and elsewhere.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think the only downside is I won't have an actual...game. Just what amounts to a rom on my Wii's internal flash. Like the phantom Mega Man game.

needs food badly. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

I'm downloading that! I don't care if it's 50 bucks! I'm DOWNLOADING IT!!

The only thing that could POSSIBLY top this would be a new 8bit or 16bit Metroid title in the same fashion. A man can dream I guess...
    "Red Warrior needs food badly."

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    I think the only downside is I won't have an actual...game. Just what amounts to a rom on my Wii's internal flash. Like the phantom Mega Man game.
    You could buy a 2nd Wii, download only that game onto it, delete all the other Wii channels and paint the outside to look like an NES cartridge.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

I am SO EXCITED. This is one of the most amazing developments in gaming history. A company like Capcom, making a NEW Mega Man 8-bit game. This reaks of awesomeness.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Crap, now I've got to get a Wii.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's great news. Maybe it'll even play off of MM & Bass. As soon as I jump on the current console bandwagon I will get this.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Insert Coin (Level 0) Amnion-Chorion's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Holy crap. I'm so incredibly excited for this. Now all we need is Mega Man X9 in SNES-style and I'll be in gaming heaven.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

I found the whole article about it here:

http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=12136

Dreams do come true. The new issue of Nintendo Power is hitting mailboxes, and inside is the scoop on what we've been waiting for: Solid, concrete proof of Mega Man 9.

While there is no confirmation yet of its existence as a game for Xbox Live Arcade or the PlayStation Network, at least we do now know that it will be a downloadable game in a place where it most makes sense: WiiWare.

Further, the rumors of an 8-bit artstyle were not only true, but quite literal: So far, this looks just like one of the NES games, rather than the later fare of Mega Man 7 and Mega Man 8, each of which has its fans and detractors.

So what's the story? Apparently the rumor of a more "standard" story holds true as well, as robots are on the rampage, and Dr. Wily is back; only this time, he says that the robot attacks are the fault of Mega Man's creator, Dr. Light. And so it falls to Mega Man to prove his creator's innocence.

So who are the bad boys of metal musculature causing this high-tech havoc? The roster reads thusly: Magma Man, Galaxy Man, Jewel Man, Concrete Man, Hornet Man, Plug Man, Tornado Man, and Splash... Woman?

They each inhabit a trap-filled lair that reflects their respective themes, leading to Mega Man traversing molten material in Magma Man's domain, while Tornado Man's stage features spinning magnetic platforms which allow the Blue Bomber to defy gravity. And Plug Man's stage features certain walls that will force the Titanium Titan to square off against shadowy dopplegangers when he walks past.

And of course, when a Robot Master gets pwned, Mega Man will acquire their special weapons for his own personal arsenal, such as Galaxy Man's Black Hole Bombs, for which he'll have to find the next boss in line to whom it works against. Hmm, Black Hole Bomb? I bet Hornet Man might have a hard time escaping that...

The article also provides some insights from franchise mastermind Keiji Inafune of Capcom, who these days is perhaps better known for such fare as Onimusha, Dead Rising, and Lost Planet. According to Inafune, the simple fun of a classic Mega Man game "doesn't fit into the grandiose and expansive world that the consumer gaming industry has become, and so you have to make games that match the current expectations."

He goes on to say that if he did push to have a new game like the classic Mega Man made, it would be criticized for things like being simplistic, outdated, or too expensive, thus making it too difficult to bring it out in the current climate. And that's where programs like WiiWare come in, from which the popularity of retrogaming services such as the Virtual Console lead to the group to decide to make a new "NES" game.

The new game is being developed by Inti Creates, who have a wealth of experience in the Mega Man franchise with their creation of the Mega Man Zero and ZX titles, plus MegaMan Battle Chip Challenge. In addition, to celebrate Mega Man's 20th anniversary, Mega Man ZX Advent featured a mini game of three levels made in the NES Mega Man style.

For controlling the Blue Bomber, players will be able to hold the Wii Remote sideways in NES-style, with the control pad moving Mega Man and the two buttons set to Jump and Fire. Doesn't look like there will be any flashy shaking going on here.

But while he says there are no new mechanical devices for Mega Man to obtain, Inafune states that the robodog Rush makes a triumphant return, as they wanted to make sure some of the other classic characters are in.

The reason for the return to NES-style graphics is due to the desire to please longtime fans who wanted to play a new game that was like the originals. In addition, the popularity of retro graphics on things like t-shirts and other paraphernalia "made it seem like the right time" to bring out an oldschool game. Plus, they wanted to show what the upper-limits of 8-bit graphics could do.

But will we get to see an 8-bit Bass and Treble?

And in addition to the graphics, the music will be styled in an 8-bit fashion, as well as 8-bit styled cinema cutscenes. "I am sure when people see the opening scenes- new content with 8-bit graphics- they're going to be very excited."

In terms of difficulty, Inafune says they aren't holding back for players whose reflexes might have deteriorated over the years, but they will try to keep it as close to that of the NES games as possible. Sounds good to me.

While the "cycloptic monsters" (aka Devils) won't be in, Inafune promises lots of exciting new bosses, plus the return of mainstay series cannon-fodder such as Sniper Joes and Mets.

Rumors suggested that Mega Man's mysterious older brother, Proto Man, would be playable, but when asked of other playable characters, Inafune said that it's classified; "you'll have to wait and see."

With Mega Man 2 as the most highly regarded of the series, Inafune states that he'd like to surpass that with this game, and hopefully be able to make "a whole lot more."

And finally, to the Mega Man fans, he says: "The moment you've been waiting for is here! We're not just giving you Mega Man 9, we're giving you a new NES game. This is a game that brings back the fun of the old games, and I hope you all enjoy it!"

Be sure to check out The Mega Man Network for the other scans from the article and a peek at the included screens, and check out the new issue of Nintendo Power for the full interview.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This just zoomed to the top of my must-have list in record time. I've beaten all six original Mega Man games for the NES. Now it looks like there's going to be one more to tackle.

I wonder if they'll use the old blue/red dot passwords.