Bought it at GameStop for $8 and been addicted to it since.

Playing as a android named Gram (or whatever name you feel best with), you attempt to ascend the hellish tower in search for answers. Standing in your way, an army of ADAM's (kindred machines) equipped with highly-advanced weapons and armor for you to battle, vanquish and reap their spoils in order to find the truth about the tower, yourself, and the purpose of your existence.

There were two aspects to the game that I found intriguing:
1. As a game where you can customize your character, it is easier and simpler to manage once you get familiar with the layout. Beat enemy, keep what weapons you want, convert the rest to improving defense and hit points. It has potential appeal to casual gamers if they've done a better job with the tutorial.

2. Hudson (surprise to find out they were the creators) did a good job bridging the gap and establishing a deep connection between the player and the game. I didn't just feel for my character, but for all the characters, who are trapped in a hellhole in a post-apocalyptic world force to fight without reason or purpose. Coupled with great (yet limited) narratives/FMVs and incredible atmosphere, Rengoku is one of the few across having a strange effect provoking deep thought even when playing the game.

Thoughts?